Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Competition Tires » R888 wear in 8hr enduro (Honda S2000)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: R888 wear in 8hr enduro (Honda S2000)
Sphinx Verified Driver
M. Yusuf Mohamed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sphinx     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just got a call from a friend who's built an S2000 and is running it in an 8 hr. enduro this weekend. They are running R888's. He wants to know whether one set would last the whole race. I said I'd ask the brain trust here.

My experience is solely with RA-1's. But I seem to remember that the R888's wore too fast and would not likely survive a whole 8 hrs.

Your thoughts would be very appreciated.

--------------------
Sphinx Racing
Atlanta Region
http://www.sphinxracing.com
http://www.layersdesserts.com
Support our racing efforts by shopping at your favorite online merchants at SphinxRacing.com!

Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Depends on how smooth the drives are and how hot track temps are.
Always a good idea to have spares.

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To support Joe's comment, I watched two SM teams run an eight hour in October. The first ran one set of full tread set of RA1's and at the end they looked like a 3/32's set that had run fifteen cycles. The other SM team used up one set of 4/32's stickers and most of another 4/32's set. The two teams finished about three laps apart. Go figure.
Rick
P.S. I didn't notice any difference in 888 vs RA1 durability when we ran them in '09.

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: