Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Competition Tires » A little about TheTreadZone (formerly Tireshoppe)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: A little about TheTreadZone (formerly Tireshoppe)
Joe Specht

Region: BMR
Car #: 236
Year : 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Treadzone.com would like to thank you for the opportunity to work with SpecMiata.com as your exclusive Competition Tire Dealer. Although we are a web site distributor we are also a retail and wholesale dealer as well. We have been in business for over 30 years and have 12 retail locations where we can handle your installation needs in southeast PA. We are the northeast distributor for the Toyo Proxes RA1 and Toyo Proxes R888 we also are a dealer for the full line of Toyo tires including the T1R. We have a large inventory of Toyo tires in stock and have a Toyo warehouse in our area that we can pickup tires daily. TreadZone has tire-shaving equipment in house to shave the competition tires, and will provide track support at limited events at tracks in the northeast for the 2010 season.
Some of the other manufactures TreadZone is a direct dealer for are Michelin, BFG, Uniroyal, Goodyear, Pirelli, Yokohama, and Hankook. We are also the northeast distributor for the Hankook competition tires. These products are available at www.TreadZone.com.
As for myself I have been in the tire business for over 20 years with experience in wheel alignment, retail and wholesale tire sales, with training in ultra high performance tires. I am a BF Goodrich Team T/A Top Achiever for 5 years. I am also a member of the Blue Mountain Region SCCA and compete in Time Trials on Toyo and Hankook tires for the past 6 years. I have attended Skip Barber schools and manufactures “Ride & Drives”. I will do my best to answer questions and if I don’t have the answer I will utilize our resources to get you an answer as soon as possible.
Thank you again and we are excited to work with you in the future.
Joe Specht
TreadZone.com

[ 12-29-2009, 12:58 AM: Message edited by: Joe Specht ]

KINGRAT

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KINGRAT   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Joe - who do I contact for Wholesale pricing?

also do you accept the toyo contingency certificates?

thanks,
Alex.

--------------------
-----------------------------------
KING RAT MOTORSPORTS LLC
sales@kingratmotorsports.com
(540) 955 9696 http://www.kingratmotorsports.com
-----------------------------------

Joe Specht

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Joe Specht   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi Alex,
How many are you looking for?
Yes we do accept the contingency certificates.
Joe

nohairracing Verified Driver

Region: neohio
Car #: #50
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for nohairracing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joe,
Your web site doesn't show the shaving charge. What is the charge and how can it be processed online? Thanks
Howard

--------------------
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience!

Evan 55 Verified Driver
put put put

Region: NASA-VA
Car #: 55
Year : 94 R
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Evan 55     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I bought some toyos from thetireshoppe.com a little while ago. Got the tires super-fast, and for a great price [Smile]
They also came out to a track event I was at and let me take out the new Hankook 2-groove tires for a session. (incredible tire by the way!)

I was also curious about the tire shaving. If it had been available when I ordered I would have gotten it, but I assumed it wasnt.

--------------------
'94 SM #55
2006 NASA-MA Champ
Weekend Warrior Racing
Fight ALS!

Joe Specht

We are working on getting a quick link added for Spec Miata on our site to take you directly to 205/50R15 RA1 and to shave.
The cost is $15.00 to shave.
Joe

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joe,

I visited the site a week ago and didn't order anything because I didn't see any reference to shaving. So what would be the price for 4 SM tires to be shaved and shipped to Cincinnati? Or would I be better off looking locally? I assume SpecMiata.com or someone gets something if I go through you, is this true?

Thanks,

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry,

Specmiata.com does recieve sponsorship money from The Tireshoppe. But we opted for a single fee as opposed to a portion of each sale to help keep the cost of the tires down to our members.

Tireshaving is $15 per tire.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Mike -- I'm sure it never even occurred to Joe to recover the cost of the single fee by increasing the price of the tires. [Big Grin]

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Their price has not changed from before the agreement till now so I guess it hadn't [Smile] We didnt gouge them, no need for them to gouge you guys.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Will everyone have to register with you's in order to get the discount?

Sorry if it's on your web site I didn't look yet.

Will anyone show up at any tracks for track support like Hoosier did?

And if so will it be for Nationals only or both Nationals and regionals?

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Joe Specht

I would like to shed some light on this. We consider our affiliation with SpecMiata.com as a partnership instead of sponsorship. The cost of advertising in this format is comparable to any other medium we do business in. Those costs are already in the price of the tires and/or absorbed by manufactures. We are a family owned company that has been in business for 30 years and feel that is a responsible business practice. Sometimes it is necessary to increase prices as the manufacturers raise prices. We make every effort to inform our customers of future increases so they may purchase accordingly and save money. There is a price increase coming from many manufacturers in January 2006. Is this something that we should post on our web site?
We plan to do some track support in the north east this season for TOYO and HANKOOK tires. We have not determined what events we are going to at this time.
We appreciate any and all feed back, keep the questions coming!
Joe

ChrisWall Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 78
Year : 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for ChrisWall     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joe, a lot of manufacturers will tell you in advance what the price increase will be, giving customers a chance to stock up at a lower price. Will you get the same notice and be able to give everyone a head's up if Toyo does the same?

-CW

Joe Specht

The SM tire will go to $120 Jan 2nd. Shaving will stay the same.
Joe

Jim Daniels

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim,

They have to advertise somewhere, would that cost (hear or elsewhere) not be included in the tire price?

“Occurring” here means you have a place to patronize….GEEZZ…… [Roll Eyes]

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Tire Shoppe image/logo/banner at the upper left just takes me back to the main forum page. I've noticed the same for other logos at the top of special forum areas, such as the one for Midwest Council, and find it counter-intuitive at best. It should either take you to the relevant site or simply exist as a static image rather than an active link.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

The Tire Shoppe logo now links to TheTireShoppe.com

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

JD it is a BOZO you know. LOL

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Jim Boemler Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NWR, OR
Car #: 30
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Boemler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

My point was simply that when a vendor pays for advertising, the vendor has to recoup the cost in the price. For a given amount of advertising expense, it doesn't matter whether the charge is made "lump sum" or "per tire". I wasn't expressing any problem with the company's business practice; I was just amused at the idea that the tire price would go up if SM.com charged per tire, but not if they charged a lump sum.

God, I wish I understood why everybody goes off the deep end over a very simple observation. I'm happy to have TheTireShoppe here, and as Joe will tell you, I've already inquired about buying from them. I've been hammered at work the past week, which is the only reason I haven't placed an order yet.

Lighten up, guys!

jim

--------------------
Just a clown

farmboy Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: CCR
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for farmboy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joe, Just wanted to say THANKS for the Toyo's! I really appreciate your e-mail to make sure I had all I needed and fast shipping. Price wasn't bad either!!

mtm68 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub/ SFR
Car #: 67
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mtm68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Three quick comments (not criticism!- I'll criticise if you wish)
A)The tireshoppe.com link takes over the sm.com link; Mike-- it would be nice if the link would pop a new window if possible. <-- this is with opera 8.5 on 1/6/2005
B) The tireshoppe window doesn't play nicely with Opera, lots of jumbled text. Using Java? This is likely an Opera thing, but regardless, I can't shop at this vendor.
C) This is a memory issue, but I don't remember seeing shaving prices or options last time I checked the site out; is this available now?

disclaimer: I'm a discriminating e-commerce consumer. I've done successful QA for web releases before, as well as project mgmt as a profession.. my employer: http://www.fi.com . The items above prevent me from a top notch satifactory eperience. I'm not more important than any other consumer (Those who use alternates to Internet Explorer are few but strong), my comments reflect my experience (I need tires, want to buy from you, but can't buy them easily!), and I love sm.com sponsors (Thank you!). You help make it possible. Thanks Tire shoppe! Thanks Mike!

Marcus, who one day might even buy a Spec Miata... (let's hope Monday!)

Joe Specht

What version of Opera are you using? What specific areas of the site are you having trouble with? This information would be very helpful so I can reproduce the problem.
Joe

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

quote:
Originally posted by mtm68:
Three quick comments (not criticism!- I'll criticise if you wish)
A)The tireshoppe.com link takes over the sm.com link; Mike-- it would be nice if the link would pop a new window if possible. <-- this is with opera 8.5 on 1/6/2005

I assume you mean the Logo Link at the top correct ? I can't add a "Target" to the url due to limitations in the logo placement code. I will add it to my list of things to look into.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

mtm68 Verified Driver

Region: CalClub/ SFR
Car #: 67
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mtm68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry for the lack of response, I tohuhgt I had sm.com seto temail, me with a new reply, but I guess not.

Joe, the opera info is in the original post [Smile] Its the main page, and leaves me unable to get the other areas of the site.

Mike, yep, that was the one I was thinking of . Too bad. [Frown]

Marcus

Joe Specht

Happy Holidays to one and all. We at The Tire Shoppe hopes everone has a safe and happy holiday season. Please remember you wouldn't drink and drive on the race track so don't drink and drive on the street.
Joe

GTIhillclimber

Year : 1983
Icon 1 posted  Profile for GTIhillclimber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

[ 02-01-2007, 01:57 AM: Message edited by: GTIhillclimber ]

planet-miata.com

Region: NEPA
Car #: #00
Year : 20th century
Icon 1 posted  Profile for planet-miata.com   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

the tire shoppe is without a doubt, the best place for toyos.

many of our other customer which race NON SM cars use them for Hankooks.

regardless of the tires, the shipping is quick, joe is easily contacted by phone and they attend some events in the northeast which costs them more money then they make.

the fact is they are behind this class, support this website and enjoy dealing with the SM community.

i enjoy using websites for information. when you speak to someone on the phone is when you get the feel for what type of person you're dealing with.

step 1... call joe
step 2... mount toyos
step 3... hammer down!!!! [Smash]

Planet Miata is in no way affiliated with the tireshoppe.

they are just very cool to deal with. [thumbsup]

--------------------
#1 Supplier of New and Used Miata parts
http://WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM

Marc Cefalo

#00 1996 ITA
#00 ???? SM

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I concur, tire shopped took good care of me.

AND when I had to change hot ass brakes after my practice session the free mech gloves came in really handy (though I still managed to burn my knuckle)

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

pcdrj

Car #: 14
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pcdrj     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where are you in SE PA? I'm in Bucks County. How much for mounting/balancing?

Thanks

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

their in Birdsboro, north of Reading.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: