Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » MX5 mod for rFactor (Page 0)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: MX5 mod for rFactor
Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

58 sounds right.

I think M3's were in the high 40's in GTR right?

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

kevin 22 Verified Driver

Region: NYR
Car #: 22
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for kevin 22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I got the sound working, I think jim was referring to LRP (Lime Rock). :58 sounds about right, 4-6 seconds a lap faster then a regular SM.

--------------------
Kevin Anderson

Andy Bettencourt Verified Driver
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Region: NER
Car #: 09 ITA
Year : 90, 91, 94 Rentals
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Bettencourt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

:58 is rarified air at LRP...no freakin way!!!

--------------------
Andy Bettencourt
Flatout Motorsports

disquek Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: New England
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for disquek     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

AB,

You don't think 50hp would get you 4 seconds at LRP?

Oh wait ... you're gonna find out soon wit' dat' monstah motah ... [Wink]

-Kyle

Andy Bettencourt Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 09 ITA
Year : 90, 91, 94 Rentals
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Bettencourt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nope. LRP ain't about HP. It helps but nope.

--------------------
Andy Bettencourt
Flatout Motorsports

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

how's the physics rate with other sims?

don

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

rfactor is up there, personally i think its better than gtr becuase is has a different physics engine, gtr is based of an old physics engine from way back when just polished up a bit, ill get netcarpro and see how that is

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone mind locating all the MX-5 Cup Series tracks and testing them and then letting me know which ones I should place on the server? I'd love to add as many of the actual tracks they are running as possible. Went looking for Limerock but the links seem to be borked atm.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

kevin 22 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for kevin 22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried LRP in the game, I was slower then real life, the computer cars were doing 103's, If jim did do :58's, he is a computer racing prodigy.

--------------------
Kevin Anderson

99 all the way!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

And I know guys are doing 47's 48's at LRP with the same car. I wouldn't doubt an MX5 can do 55's depending on how it handles. I've never been there in person, but LRP in GTR,it seems to be about a good exit out of the twisty section and setup for the uphill turn so you don't have to back off too much.  -

--------------------

KINGRAT

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for KINGRAT   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

where is the LRP for Rfactor?-

the mx5 mod looks cool cant wait to get up on the sm server.

JDs been eating too many donuts and drinking too many jim-jacks.....

--------------------
-----------------------------------
KING RAT MOTORSPORTS LLC
sales@kingratmotorsports.com
(540) 955 9696 http://www.kingratmotorsports.com
-----------------------------------

gantmaniac

Icon 1 posted  Profile for gantmaniac     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Christian:
rfactor is up there, personally i think its better than gtr becuase is has a different physics engine, gtr is based of an old physics engine from way back when just polished up a bit, ill get netcarpro and see how that is

Let me know if you need help getting netKar Pro set up, its not the most intuitive. Also, I believe that you can set up a dedicated server without having to buy a license.

As for now, netKar Pro uses fictitious tracks, however I have heard that tracks from his previous Namie (beta) version can be converted (http://encio.altervista.org/Tracks/Authorized/ ) but donít know how to first hand. In addition, an SDK will be released in the near future that will allow the creation of mods. I feel that once it is available, this sim will offer the best realism for the MX5s.

kevin 22 Verified Driver

THis is where I got LRP
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=221304
I also am now down to 105's same as my SM,
Car has wanders around alot more then my real SM.
In the game the uphill is treacherous if not pointed straight and turn exits have alot of oversteer. I expect the real cars have more grip then this, I also notice that I am exiting the downhill about the same speed as my real SM, But the MX5 in the game hits a similair top speed at the end of the front straight. I would expect it would be faster.
Either way it is real fun to be in local track and racing other miata's on my own computer.

--------------------
Kevin Anderson

Jim Daniels

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by kevin:
I tried LRP in the game, I was slower then real life, the computer cars were doing 103's, If jim did do :58's, he is a computer racing prodigy.

IF?? [shame]

Wait until Eric Foss chims in [Wink]

BTW, you can move your AI bar past 100% you know, they will go faster LOL

Guys, no sim track is going to be exact, never will. Just get the tracks and enjoy them for what they are.

GTL and FIA GT are the best for sure but being able to act like we are driving MX5s is this site's mission.

MOMO (from any of the main sites)

Get Mosport, LRP, Mid-OH, Trois-Rivieres, Road America

Jim Daniels

http://rfactormods.com/rHome/tabid/36/Default.aspx

Mid-OH, TR and LRP (posted this before a few times)

I guess I should poke at you guys for a LRP race before you find the speed n setup hu?

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Daniels:
I guess I should poke at you guys for a LRP race before you find the speed n setup hu?

My controllers have grown rusty.

You really don't want me to open these worms again do you? [Big Grin]

-

Kingrats fine to come to the party, but
please don't invite the Foss Bros to the shin dig. [nope] .

don

99 all the way!

Eric doesn't stay long...he gets bored running ahead of us all the time and gets tired of waiting for us. [Smile]

--------------------

Antonio,
You know?
You're right.
Seems I recall finishing a race, looked around left & right, and he had already gone to lunch with the podium girls.

*** Still waiting for him to share the real setups after reviewing the movie clips. way different gear sets. ??? ***

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

can anybody find the lime rock track? the link you posted jd doesnt seem to have the file anymore

gantmaniac

Icon 1 posted  Profile for gantmaniac     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan Christian:
can anybody find the lime rock track? the link you posted jd doesnt seem to have the file anymore

You can download it from my web site at: Limerock Track.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks,

Adding LimeRock, Mid-ohio and Tres-Riviera now. Server will be back online momentarily.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

fastest i could run at lime rock was a minute flat. this is with gears and dif ratio all the way on low. with stock setup about 1.04 1.05... i maxed the camber to although they need to fix that, the max should be -3.5 not -1 rear and front should be the same. unless the new cars dont get much camber

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

The new cars can get up to +/-5 degrees if I recall correctly. JD has contacted the author but it may be something we can edit ourselves on the server side perhaps?

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

99 all the way!

Which video cards will it work with?
Their page says GE Force 3 or Radeon 8500 but I cannot find any such thing. I'm guessing those are long gone so a Radeon 9550 or the new GE Force cards should work right?

--------------------

nvidia 6800 gt, you can get one for around 120-140. try newegg.com

LT

Icon 1 posted  Profile for LT     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys Glad you might be enjpoying the mod.

I am the creator of it, along with a couple friends.
Hopefully it is reasonably close, im usre its off at points.
we had never driven a miata TBH, was just a series i always thought looked fun

the reason its done for rf instead of gtr and gtl is thta gtr is outdated with old netcode and gtl ljust uses rfactors graphics engine so its basically a mod of RF itself.

LT

Icon 1 posted  Profile for LT     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just a note this was our first ever project so it came out well considering but could use some work.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Thanks LT!

We have it running... but as it is officially racing season it probably won't get pounded until Winter time [Smile]

Plenty of great pictures and resources here if you want to tweak it even more.

Thanks for a great addon!

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Now, if you guys could whip us up some 1.6 and 1.8 Mazda Miatas you would have a run away hit on your hands [Smile]

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy

LT

yeah maybe when season is over, with some input from actual drivers we can get it a little closer.

went with how we thought it would drive like

LT

desperately need cockpit pics for the 1.6 the 1.8 and the new mx-5 cup cars, thanx to anyhone who can help out.

they can be emailed to lazytech@acsalaska.net

Jim Daniels

http://jimdaniels.com/JDBS/jdcrashatRA.wmv

my in-car, no jpgs yet....

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

JD -

Why did you turn on the wipers in the crash. It doesn't look like its raining? [Smile]

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

Jim Daniels

Very Funny!

Jason Meise Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: Lone Star / Washington DC
Car #: 54
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It rained in qualifying, after the hit I think he was confused about what session it was. [duck]

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion
http://www.ctbrakes.com
President: Bobby Carter's "washed up race car driver club"
we're always looking for "old" members

camop Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: 83
Icon 1 posted  Profile for camop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I downloaded rfactor. Works O.K.
Then downloaded the MX5 mod and sounds and also the Sebring track.
I can't figure out how to make the "RAR" (Mods) files work with the Sim. I tried putting them in the Location folders and the vehicl folders. Then I downloaded the Mod-manager software. Still no luck.
Could somebody walk me through how to do this? I don't have any 12year olds around to do it for me!

Thanks,

Neal

99 all the way!

I just built a new PC...got 256MB video gard 7900GT and 2GB memory...should be pretty good for the sim.

Who's going to race online this winter? Will the servers (race + ventrilo) be put online?

--------------------

Antonio, you have been granted WAY too much power lately. This is of great concern here.

First, you obtained the Secretary position and the ability to falsify documents. Next, you were given a moderator wand and began to zap unruly, mud slinging forum members [Mad] . And now, a screaming PC to punt Watkins Glen weavers & blockers [butthead] off the track.

Your box of Wheaties is way too big right now and I'm not very comfortable with the entire scenario.

Don

P.S. You'll have to drag that box out here and plug it into a real steering and pedal setup with a big screen to see how it performs. [Smash]

oh yea. one other thing. you are two posts away from 3000 [Eek!]

99 all the way!

You should see my new mountain bike...my head's almost as big as JD's now. [duck] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ryan Schimsk

Region: Texas
Car #: #81
Year : 2008
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ryan Schimsk     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have the MX5 cup mod for rFactor. How often are any of you playing? I'm usually around for a race or two in the evening.

--------------------
 -

RoninGT21

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RoninGT21   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I used to have this mod. Interesting... quite hard on the keyboard though.

--------------------
Professional Sim-Racer... Rally, VLN, F3... still manage to have a life too [Smile]

jenrick

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jenrick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I downloaded it a week or two ago. I can't comment on the physics as I'm still working on my actual SM. On the mod itself, the interiors could use some work, and the exterior modeling isn't top of the line. It is however fun to drive, and that's the important part. If anyone wants to setup a race let me know.

-Jenrick

RoninGT21

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RoninGT21   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I got to redownload it again. my hard drive crashed and i lost the mod (along with multiple other ones)
By the way, there is going to be an online drag racing championship in rF. Anyone interested?
They have Rx7 [Smile]

--------------------
Professional Sim-Racer... Rally, VLN, F3... still manage to have a life too [Smile]

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

iRacing will be releasing an MX-5 soon! Not free but better than r-Factor. Especially the track accuracy. The MX-5 will be part of the initial subscription so no extra to run it. Come check it out. Oh and btw GET A WHEEL, no self respecting sim'er uses a keyboard to drive a car! [duck]

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

RoninGT21

agreed

--------------------

RoninGT21

I'm organizing a Spec Miata race in rFactor on Autobahn country club.
the mod is this one:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Spec%20Miata
track is here:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Autobahn

--------------------

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hard to drive that sim for me now. Enjoy.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

RoninGT21

actually this mod is one of the easiest to drive
it's almost impossible to spin out, the car handles brilliantly and if you can't afford a wheel (like me) you can drive with a cheap gamepad, like Saitek Cyborg V3 or an Xbox controller

--------------------

RoninGT21

oh and quick question. What is the race day format in SM?

--------------------

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: