Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » MX5 mod for rFactor (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: MX5 mod for rFactor
Jason Meise Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: Lone Star / Washington DC
Car #: 54
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It rained in qualifying, after the hit I think he was confused about what session it was. [duck]

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion
http://www.ctbrakes.com
President: Bobby Carter's "washed up race car driver club"
we're always looking for "old" members

camop Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: 83
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for camop     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I downloaded rfactor. Works O.K.
Then downloaded the MX5 mod and sounds and also the Sebring track.
I can't figure out how to make the "RAR" (Mods) files work with the Sim. I tried putting them in the Location folders and the vehicl folders. Then I downloaded the Mod-manager software. Still no luck.
Could somebody walk me through how to do this? I don't have any 12year olds around to do it for me!

Thanks,

Neal

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just built a new PC...got 256MB video gard 7900GT and 2GB memory...should be pretty good for the sim.

Who's going to race online this winter? Will the servers (race + ventrilo) be put online?

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Antonio, you have been granted WAY too much power lately. This is of great concern here.

First, you obtained the Secretary position and the ability to falsify documents. Next, you were given a moderator wand and began to zap unruly, mud slinging forum members [Mad] . And now, a screaming PC to punt Watkins Glen weavers & blockers [butthead] off the track.

Your box of Wheaties is way too big right now and I'm not very comfortable with the entire scenario.

Don

P.S. You'll have to drag that box out here and plug it into a real steering and pedal setup with a big screen to see how it performs. [Smash]

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

oh yea. one other thing. you are two posts away from 3000 [Eek!]

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You should see my new mountain bike...my head's almost as big as JD's now. [duck] [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Ryan Schimsk

Region: Texas
Car #: #81
Year : 2008
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ryan Schimsk     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have the MX5 cup mod for rFactor. How often are any of you playing? I'm usually around for a race or two in the evening.

--------------------
 -

RoninGT21

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RoninGT21   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I used to have this mod. Interesting... quite hard on the keyboard though.

--------------------
Professional Sim-Racer... Rally, VLN, F3... still manage to have a life too [Smile]

jenrick

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jenrick     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I downloaded it a week or two ago. I can't comment on the physics as I'm still working on my actual SM. On the mod itself, the interiors could use some work, and the exterior modeling isn't top of the line. It is however fun to drive, and that's the important part. If anyone wants to setup a race let me know.

-Jenrick

RoninGT21

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RoninGT21   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I got to redownload it again. my hard drive crashed and i lost the mod (along with multiple other ones)
By the way, there is going to be an online drag racing championship in rF. Anyone interested?
They have Rx7 [Smile]

--------------------
Professional Sim-Racer... Rally, VLN, F3... still manage to have a life too [Smile]

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

iRacing will be releasing an MX-5 soon! Not free but better than r-Factor. Especially the track accuracy. The MX-5 will be part of the initial subscription so no extra to run it. Come check it out. Oh and btw GET A WHEEL, no self respecting sim'er uses a keyboard to drive a car! [duck]

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

RoninGT21

agreed

--------------------

RoninGT21

I'm organizing a Spec Miata race in rFactor on Autobahn country club.
the mod is this one:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Spec%20Miata
track is here:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Autobahn

--------------------

JIM DANIELS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Site Founder

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 76
Year : "You Pick"
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JIM DANIELS   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hard to drive that sim for me now. Enjoy.

--------------------
Jim Daniels

MAZDARACERS.COM

RoninGT21

actually this mod is one of the easiest to drive
it's almost impossible to spin out, the car handles brilliantly and if you can't afford a wheel (like me) you can drive with a cheap gamepad, like Saitek Cyborg V3 or an Xbox controller

--------------------

RoninGT21

oh and quick question. What is the race day format in SM?

--------------------

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: