next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » IRacing.com

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: IRacing.com
Chris Klein

Region: North West
Car #: 386
Year : 1994, 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is anyone on this board involved in the devolopment of iRacing.com? If so I vote for Spec Miata and More West Coast tracks...

http://www.iRacing.com

--------------------
Chris Klein

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds cool, I hope they make it compatible with a mac!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

Jason Meise Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: Lone Star / Washington DC
Car #: 54
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I second the fact they need a spec miata for the simulator.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion
http://www.ctbrakes.com
President: Bobby Carter's "washed up race car driver club"
we're always looking for "old" members

Chris Klein

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Klein     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

here's what they wrote back... Sounds incouraging!

Dear Chris,

Thank you for your email and interest in iRacing.com. I am pleased to say that we can answer yes to both those questions. We have various partnerships we have not yet announced to the public and your query matches more than one of them.

Kindest Regards,

iRacing.com Communications Team.

-----"Chris Klein" <cjklein67@yahoo.com> wrote: -----

To: <Contact@iRacing.com>
Date: 11/27/2006 12:43AM
Subject: Spec Miata

Are you looking in the future to add a Spec Miata to the choice of cars and more West Coast tracks?

--------------------
Chris Klein

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wonder if bumpdrafting will work as well on the video game as it does in real life. [scratchchin]

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

Chris Klein

They probably instantly doc you a lap!

--------------------
Chris Klein

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I played their demo system at PRI this week (driving a Barber Dodge @ VIR). Very impressive. It was a solo drive, but I saw no glitches. Except in my driving. [Smile]

JordonMusser Verified Driver

Region: SW
Car #: 06
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JordonMusser   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was a beta tester.. iracing.com is very impressive.

--------------------
------------
Jordon Musser
#06 MRE Spec Miata!

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is it out yet? Up and working?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jim, go to their website it seems you can now pay for the subscription.

Monkeywrench

Region: SJR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Monkeywrench     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There are pages of video's uploaded by users on vimeo..

http://vimeo.com/videos/search:iracing

--------------------
-Bob Adams

Bill Loomis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: wdc
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bill Loomis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, that video of VIR looked amazingly accurate, I felt like I was watching one of my race tapes! Can't wait until it rolls out.

--------------------
1990 SSM #17 WDC
1990 SM #17 WDC
www.rpperformanceracing.com

Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks real pretty. Very realistic.
Is there force feedback compatible with the Logitech wheels? How does it compare with GT4?

Watched the Lime Rock vid. They now have to reprogram it to take the bumps out of the downhill.

We also need a specmiata.com promotional code.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

kevin 22 Verified Driver

Region: NYR
Car #: 22
Icon 1 posted  Profile for kevin 22     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have been a member for a few weeks now, Although due to my schedule I have only raced a few nights. The tracks are amazingly accurate.Right down to the bumps. Its the cars that I am not to sure about. I have never raced a solstace, so I can't be sure but. It handles like crap in the game.

--------------------
Kevin Anderson

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just signed up using the free promotion code sent to SCCA members. I've only done a few laps in a Star Mazda around Laguna Seca, but I was amazed at how realistic and dead on the track was. I will have to drive some more and maybe attempt a few races here pretty soon.

I'm still unsure that I will continue to use it as $165/year is pretty steep considering RACE 07 is 19.95 for life...

dhois Verified Driver

Car #: 15
Icon 1 posted  Profile for dhois     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

More to check out:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/iracing/

I may be able to hitch a ride from a co-worker who's into online racing and has a wheel, pedal, seat configuration.

Monkeywrench

Region: SJR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Monkeywrench     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

--------------------
-Bob Adams

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone else buy the Sebring track? I am not sure what to think...trailbraking that simulated Solstice into T17 and T1 is sooo much harder than real life. I'm just glad I don't crash my real car as often as I crash that Solstice... The Solstice has way more power and handles much more poorly than a real SM...grrr

jbenoit28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: CFR
Car #: 28
SMIM: .
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark,

I'm still negotiating space inside the house for a good Chair/wheel/pedal setup for this game [Smile] I'm curious if the Sebring track has all/some of the marking on the track surface in the game? How well did they get the bump in Turn 17 & 1?

Joe

--------------------
What does this button do??

The track seems very accurate (except the first pedestrian bridge on the pit straight is missing...can't figure that out). The bumps seem like they are all there, but the Solstice ride is much softer than the real-life SM suspension...so I'm not really sure. I'm not used to not having blurred vision by the end of those two turns... [Smile] I discovered one thing though, the back straight is just enough time to check your email every lap...

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jbenoit28     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds cool. I know what you mean about the blurred vision, you really take a beating in those turns. I used to check my text messages on the back stretch but it seemed to scare the corner workers too much so I got a radio [Wink]

What Wheel/pedal setup are you using? I still have my old Logitech MOMO, wondering if I need an upgrade.

Joe

--------------------

Veteran Member

I'm not sure what to think about iracing. The tracks are definitely right on, but I'm not sure I agree with how the cars drive. Everything seems pretty realistic, except the brakes. My pedal only goes down about 25% and then the tires lock up. Not fun.

I think for the cost, I will stick with Race 07.

I have an old (5-6 years old maybe?) Logitech Wingman Formula Force GP wheel, that works just fine. I'd say if the wheel works OK with other games you are good. In fact this is the first game I have tried where the wheel worked perfectly from the get-go.

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Joe I'm using the RED Logitech MOMO and it works fine! But the wheel to have right now is the logitech G-25($225). There are better wheels but your looking at about $1500!

The G-25

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/gaming/pc_gaming/wheels/devices/131&cl=us,en

High Dollar

http://ecci6000.com/consumerhome.htm

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

Bill Loomis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: wdc
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bill Loomis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use the G25 and the pedals, brakes work great on mine, easy to manage lockup though I really miss the seat-of-the-pants sensor! Makes it alot harder to push the car with nothing other than visual feedback (and a small amount of sound feedback). On the handling, I thought it was complete crap until I downloaded some fast guy setups for advanced and now it feels alot better. I miss the skipping feeling around 17 at sebring, or banking in daytona due to the rough track, I guess its hard to model that. But that was in my cupcar that I raced those two tracks, not the miata so maybe its not as rough in the miata. Bill

--------------------
1990 SSM #17 WDC
1990 SM #17 WDC
www.rpperformanceracing.com

I need real tires for my real SM way before I'm dropping $1500 on a steering wheel setup. My old Momo used to work just great, I've heard good things about the G25. It's been a few years since I used it. These new games make me want to wipe the dust off and race online again.

Bill, I drove a Porsche once at Sebring that was sprung way too tight. Skipping was extreme in 17 and 1. My Miata is much smoother but those turns are still very rough.

Has anyone used one of the Gated Shifters for those games? Are they worth the money?

--------------------

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have an older TSW wheel w/built-in shifter (2way) w/ 3 pedals if someone wants to make me an offer.

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Alan,

I'll trade you 2 more years of free advertising for your trailer in my avatar for it. I'd even change to the picture showing more of that beautiful white 40 footer. [Razz]

Joe

--------------------

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried iRacing last night for the first time and was simply blown away. It's fantastic! It'll keep me sane until I get back in a race car again [Smile]

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Veteran Member

Let my free trial lapse, going to stick with GTR Evo for now. If iracing comes out with a mx-5 cup or spec miata I will buy it again.

J.D.

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

the legends car racing really works the hand eye, i love it.

davidb72 Verified Driver
Ball Breaker

Region: Susquehanna
Car #: SSM # 28
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davidb72   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm already on Iracing probation...

I guess it is pretty realistic....

--------------------
David Black
#28 SpecMiata
www.ronfez.net
www.ronpaul2008.com

Alik

Region: NorthEast
Car #: 145
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alik     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

IRacing was at NHMS for PCA HPDE, and one of the guys there was a Spec guy.
Very good rendition of the track, and with guys like him on board, we're sure to see a SpecMiata option soon. So far, only Solstice.
But, tunable.

Andrew Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2006 SM National Champ

Region: Northwest
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andrew Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am gonna be hosting a race on iRacing tonight at 5:30 pacific time. Anyone who wants to join the name of the race will be Friday DP fun with a password of 944s2. Come on in.

--------------------
2006 SCCA Spec Miata National Champion
AndrewCaddell.com
Victory Lane Data Pinnacle Mazda
Aimsports Carbotech Brakes
Iron Canyon Motorsports Red Line Synthetic Oil

Laurens

Region: NL
Car #: 46
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Laurens   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone found a setup for the Solstice that comes close to SM handling? Right out of the box it handles worse.

--------------------
--
Keenonracing

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Region: Northwest
Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Check out this iRacing/Caddell video:

iRacing/Caddell Video

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

Nick D

Region: Great Lakes
Car #: none yet...
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nick D   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw on the iracing website that they announced they are trying to work out a deal to make the MX-5 cup in iracing but, I have yet to hear anything about Spec Miata.... I wonder if they will let you pick your Miata's year...?

--------------------
Thank you, now stop spinning like that...
Nick DeCuzzi
1994 R-Edition

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is no "trying", the MX5 going to be released for season 4. It is going to be the pro car... not SM.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

EFoss28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2008 SM and MX-5 Cup Champion 2009 SWC Rookie of the Year

Region: Texas
Year : 99/06/10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

MX-5 Cup car comes out on iRacing today!!! Lots of fun to drive and VERY close to real laptimes too [Smile] Hope everyone joins and enjoys it!

--------------------
http://www.GoTeamMER.com
http://www.ericfossracing.com
http://www.saferacer.com

MegaModerator

It's going to cut into my Legends racing though.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by EFoss28:
MX-5 Cup car comes out on iRacing today!!! Lots of fun to drive and VERY close to real laptimes too [Smile] Hope everyone joins and enjoys it!

Shall I pull over when you come up to lap me?

For those that haven't tried iRacing, it is loads of fun and I have had some intense races.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA