Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » GTR2 play date? (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: GTR2 play date?
Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OK I got it fixed...man defcon has some quirks...if you edit the files with their editor sometimes it wipes them out! No wonder they tell you to back them up. I just had to allow the broadcast to the forums...still kind of strange you can't just use the direct IP method instead though. I'll be going in in a few minutes...I made the practices 30min to give enough time for people to join in. We can always go to the next session once there are enough people. Right now I have all the cars for the 24H of Spa enabled, but it's in simulation mode. I'll change it to a spec car later...any thoughts? I figured a Z3 would be pretty cool...or Elise...something light with less HP and good handling.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like my $19.95 game purchase is going to force a computer upgrade...not enough horsepower for multiplayer...why does this have a familiar ring???

Am I the only one who had to fight with it seemingly *forever* to find the correct settings for the steering wheel to get where I could drive the thing straight down the road without looking like a DUI in progress? That got a bit frustrating, but all is well now... [fight]

99 all the way!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark, that's the only reason I ever upgrade my PC anymore. I didn't have to fight any steering wheel settings. A year ago the recommendation from nearly everyone is to stick with the Logitech Momo or the MS Sidewinder (other than the real fancy ones like JD uses).

--------------------

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a $400 TSW wheel that seems to be less effective at driving "non DUI" than my cheapo Logitech GP Froce Feedback. It (the TSW) may be up on Ebay soon.

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Romin Verified Driver

Region: NNJ
Car #: #98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Romin     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Olson:
I have a $400 TSW wheel that seems to be less effective at driving "non DUI" than my cheapo Logitech GP Froce Feedback. It (the TSW) may be up on Ebay soon.

What type of TSW is it? I hope you dont have one of those big Nascar wheels on it?

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Alan this is the wheel you want! I've been through at least 6 wheels in the last 10 years and this thing is a tank! This wheel is very well made and very precise! I want another one myself in case mine ever dies (doesnt look to be anytime soon). The unfortunate part is its dicontinued and finding one may prove difficult. Also many that come up on Ebay are priced well above the original $189.00 retail!
Logitech MOMO wheel

gantmaniac

Icon 1 posted  Profile for gantmaniac     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have an extra MOMO Red for sale if anyone is interested in it. Let me know.

Bill Loomis Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: wdc
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bill Loomis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I check the GTR2 online lobby for game names with specmaita or sm and never see one, am I doing something wrong? what game name do you usually use? I usually get on about 8:30pm est.

--------------------
1990 SSM #17 WDC
1990 SM #17 WDC
www.rpperformanceracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bill,

When you start the game, in the main lobby, click on "Realism". At the top of the screen you need to move the level to a different than "simulation", then go back online and see if you find it in the lobby. You may also have to install the new patch (they had a few issues to fix) find that Here: (the link to the patch is on the right side panel of the screen near the top of the page)...DO NOT install the patch unless the server has the patch alredy installed, you will get a mismatch error.

Evan 55 Verified Driver
put put put

Region: NASA-VA
Car #: 55
Year : 94 R
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Evan 55     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just built a new computer and GTR2 sure does look purdy. Now I just need to learn how to play and Ill be whippin up on you geezers in no time! [Wink]

--------------------
'94 SM #55
2006 NASA-MA Champ
Weekend Warrior Racing
Fight ALS!

OK Grasshopper! Now ease on the throttle while letting your other foot off the clutch.

--------------------

99 all the way!

Server DOES have the patch so everyone needs to update theirs.

--------------------

Evan 55 Verified Driver
put put put

Region: NASA-VA
Car #: 55
Year : 94 R
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Evan 55     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Im on sim mode, with the 1.1 patch and I still dont see the server in the lobby... ?

--------------------
'94 SM #55
2006 NASA-MA Champ
Weekend Warrior Racing
Fight ALS!

disquek Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: New England
Car #: 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for disquek     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone get a Logitech G25 yet? I'm really close ...

-Kyle

99 all the way!

Hmmmm....weird...I had to restart the server. It's up now. It said it was up and running but I still couldn't see it. Next time we find someone other than defcon.

--------------------

99 all the way!

OH yeah, there is no password set so you may end up racing with some other guys in there. We don't seem to have a lot of interest in getting enough people for a race so I just left the password off so at least you can race with non-sm guys.

--------------------

double-apex

Region: Arizona
Car #: 16
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for double-apex   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Olson:
Would love to get something even slower so it matched more with the Miata.

I run a 93 Miata in NASA-TT. It isn't a Spec Miata but fairly similar. I modified a Lotus Elise to be more like the Miata. I was able to tune down the motor and modify the suspension figures.

Is the server still around or does anyone race GTR2?

--------------------
Robert Rose
Double-Apex Motorsports
www.double-apex.com
"Winning Isn't Everything - It's The Only Thing"

99 all the way!

Yeah good question. Rick, did you ever get it working properly? I feel like I wasted $90 with that hosting company...they were terrible.

--------------------

Monkeywrench

Region: SJR
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Monkeywrench     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone play GTL? Same tracks as GTR2 but the Lotus Elan and the Alfa GTA are a lot closer to what you all race. For those that don't want to beat the game to unlock all the cars and tracks, there is a patch you can download that will unlock everything for you.

--------------------
-Bob Adams

smtejas Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Icon 1 posted  Profile for smtejas     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In GTR2, I've been running the BMW M3 GTR and the cars are a decent balance. Not as snap happy as the larger horsepower cars. Wish I could find some decent patches for U.S. tracks. Lime Rock was pretty fun 1-1/2 years ago on the server with GTR (1).

Is that server still working? I would race if it was up and going. Anyone know?

don

gantmaniac

Icon 1 posted  Profile for gantmaniac     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A new mod for GT2:
MX-5 Cup Beta

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mark McCallister:
Am I the only one who had to fight with it seemingly *forever* to find the correct settings for the steering wheel to get where I could drive the thing straight down the road without looking like a DUI in progress? That got a bit frustrating, but all is well now... [fight]

Eight months later.....I was playing around with the computer this evening and realized that playing GTR, the car drove completely normally. Playing GTR-2, even with very carefully chosen steering settings (sensitivity, deadzone, force), the car was much more difficult to drive. Solution: downloaded new and improved wheel driver from Logitech and problem is completely solved. First rule of racing...work on the *driver* first, car second...

99 all the way!

LOL!

Speaking of which...what ever happened with the server I had setup? I know I gave up and handed it off to someone.

GTR2 has new skins for MX5 cup and I played around with Mid Ohio today and it was fun. With the off-season looming near, we need to get a series going.

--------------------

gantmaniac

quote:
Originally posted by gantmaniac:
A new mod for GTR2:
MX-5 Cup Beta

The Beta version is no longer available but here is the latest version:
MX-5 Cup 2.0

Well I have moved over to rFactor. They have the MX5 Cup cars as well and Mid-Ohio is available. Having never driven there, I have no idea how accurate the rendition of the track is. I was not able to find as many tracks for GTR2 as I was for rFactor. I still have GTR2 on the computer if someone knows where to find some of the US tracks.

--------------------

99 all the way!

I have Mid Ohio for GTR2, seems pretty good so far.

--------------------

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I like the MX-5 Cup mod. Is the gearing accurate? The car really drops out of the powerband once you shift to 5th. Also, the cars come set up with no camber. They really handle better once you dial in more.

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: