» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » Forza Motorsports 2

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Forza Motorsports 2
Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just bought the game, two wheels and xbox 360. I played a few tracks tonight, Sebring and Road Atlanta. The graphics are amazing. The tracks are spot on.
The steering wheel to me leaves a lot to be desired. The play station wheel is still much better and more realistic in my opinion although not wireless. I found it way too hard to drive and even with forcefeedback, it was still a little like an old arcade game. Tank slappers and oversteer come into play often and many times for no reason? Sometimes even a bit of a challenge to stay on the straight.
Anyone else try this yet? If Play station had Sebring and Road America, I would probably never play Forza 2 again?
Any idea if you can turn dow steering wheel sensitivity?
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All this complaining about the steering wheel must mean that Nick beat you? [duck]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Throw away the console and get a PC!!!! The ONLY way to SIMULATE!! I know its not cheap and sometimes hard to setup but nothing, worth while, comes cheap or easy!! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I never stayed in line long enough to play it, but at the Sebring ALMS paddock back in March somebody had a beta version of Forza 2 set up on three interconnected Xbox360s running three side-by-side screens for a VERY wide-screen effect in one of those fancy simulator chairs - it was pretty impressive to look at. BUT, they were having the same issue with an over-sensitive steering wheel, from what I could tell. One guy was advocating driving with the steering wheel held between the tips of your thumb and forefinger...

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried another car this morning, mini cooper s and it was much better. JD tried the Mazdaspeed Miata and said it wasn't very good either. I think when you build some points and get the car to handle it will be nice. The graphicsand authenticity of the tracks is truly amazinng, even has the bumps I hate so much in t17 at Sebring!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm pretty sure the Grand Am Fans board has a SIM league for this game (Forza 1). SM vs. Grand Am Challenge?

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Jim Daniels

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drago Drago Drago†....

What, you got in a SM and it felt good? As I recall it took several weekends before you stopped flat spotting tires [duck]

This is the best consul sim out there, from design up.

Win the FWD proving ground event, get a NA Miata. Mod it up to 399 points keeping it a D rated car.

Laguna (best rendition Iíve even seen, spot on trainer), Atlanta and Sebring battles tonight!

Send friend requests to misfire76 from your live screen so I can invite 8 brave folks thinking they can beat me.

My Miata is 160 HP (almost as good as Dragoís í99 AM) 399 point D car. You can have more power but will not be able to mod brakes or something else, choice is yours just keep it a D.

Come on!!

50" HD Sony sitting 4' away with Bose headsets, the cars scream very impressive!!

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i just got the game yesterday, i havnt gotten a chance to try the wheel yet but i whipped up this contraption
btw my gamertag is smracer31 if you guys want to add me

-
 -
 -

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Jonathan, that's pretty sweet. Don't tell me that sits in your living room!! Looks like all it needs is some "cold beverage" holders. [Smile]

Check out this setup...

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net//blogs/turn_10s_forza_moto...ve/2007/04/24/100176.aspx

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

nope it sits in the bedroom, im single so its ok, nobody to complain about it

quote:
Originally posted by RYGAR:
Hey Jonathan, that's pretty sweet. Don't tell me that sits in your living room!! Looks like all it needs is some "cold beverage" holders. [Smile]

Check out this setup...

<a href="http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/blogs/turn_10s_forza_motorsport_blog/archive/2007/04/24/100176.aspx" target="_blank" style="text-decoration: underline">http://forums.forzamotorsport.net//blogs/turn_10s_forza_moto...ve/2007/04/24/100176.aspx</a>

EFoss28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2008 SM and MX-5 Cup Champion 2009 SWC Rookie of the Year

Region: Texas
Car #: 28
Year : 99/06/10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Daniels we can't find you on XBox live under misfire76... BTW P1 WR at Road Atlanta in D class with a 1:35.2 in a Mitsubishi Eclipse... 1:36.7 best time in D1 Miata... EFoss1228 is gamertag if anyone is up for racing. Hell you might even get lucky and race Clements since he is staying here this weekend [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.GoTeamMER.com
http://www.ericfossracing.com
http://www.saferacer.com

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Drago:
[QB]
Anyone else try this yet? /QB]

So ... when you took the SCCA survey about simulated racing, I guess you weren't one of the people that answered: "I'd be too embarassed to admit it if I did". [Big Grin]

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jim Daniels:
As I recall it took several weekends before you stopped flat spotting tires [duck]

Those were Hawks, that doesn't count. Even Jesus locks up Hawks.

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

robbiek Verified Driver

Region: atl
Car #: 22
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for robbiek     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Guys, get your butts over here to SpecForza.com

but first... Drago, this is a tough game if you aren't used to it yet with the wheel. I have tried it a little but just didn't feel like getting through the learning curve.

The rest of you, time to ante up. I posted back in December about trying to launch an SM tourney. Well, in 7 months now that whole thing has blossomed into a monster. We had over 60 guys last season in the vettes. We are now getting ready to start our 4th season. We've done 2 in the Mx5, one SpecVette and the next Mx5 will be starting in about a week or too. We already have some specs for the car up on the forum and a bunch of us are already racing. This car is awesome and some of the guys in the series are the best in the game. Come check it out.

Also, when you do... I don't want to hear anything about the exactness of the specs vs. real life. One thing we've learned about running a succesful series is that some parts of "real life racing" don't transfer into the game as well and end up being less fun. Plus we had to weed out cheaters.

Robbie Kollar
GT- SpecMeotter

http://www.SpecForza.com

BDR Mike

Icon 1 posted  Profile for BDR Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jonathan,
what kind of springs are those in the pedals? And how does it feel with them?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: