Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » PlaySeats simulator seats?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: PlaySeats simulator seats?
John@P1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Metro NY
Car #: 09
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John@P1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anybody have experience using this seat? Looks like a good road racing position seat at a really good price.

-

--------------------
John C. Kuitwaard
Team Principal/Driver
www.P1-MotorSports.com
www.Owater.com
www.AlexsLemonade.org

Mark Drennan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Champion - '08 SOPAC / '07 SFR

Region: SFR & CalClub
Car #: Various
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark Drennan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey John,

Yep, my buddy has one and it's perfect. Great platforms for pedals & wheel, highly adjustable (seat, wheel, pedals), a solid and comfortable design.

Make sure you get the Evolution (solid), and not the Classic (shaky).

Great value too. If you don't mind a white seat, you can get one from Amazon for $200 ($249.99 - $50 special promotion discount)...
http://www.amazon.com/Playseats-Evolution-Gamin...title_4#productPromotions

My only criticism, and it's minor, is that the seats developed a minor squeak after about 6 months.

Enjoy!

-Mark

JD Morris Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
A slower JD...

Region: SF
Car #: RIP #56
Year : --
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JD Morris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have the previous generation playseats ('classic') seat and love it other than wishing it were a bit more rigid. The new one looks great in that regard but you do end up with the steering wheel mount upright between your legs. The 'classic' seat is available for only $185, shipped, after rebate at a major online retailer, which is a heck of a deal.

JD

[edit] Mark beat me to it and his deal is better [Smile] . Same store, same rebate.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: