Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » G25 replacement brake pedal for iRacing!

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: G25 replacement brake pedal for iRacing!
Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys, I've been beta testing a replacement brake pedal assembly for the Logitech G25 and the builder has given me the green-light to share it with the SM guys. It's AWESOME. It's similar to this in function: http://thomas-superwheel.com/tswsite/index.php?page=sh...temid=1&vmcchk=1&Itemid=1

Basically it's an assembly that replaces the potentiometer and instead uses a load cell so that the brake is now controlled by pressure instead of distance. The pedal pressure is MUCH MUCH more realistic. It was designed to mimic a Formula Vee (the creator is a Vee racer) and I can attest that it does! You can now finally heel-toe properly and the pressure is much more realistic.

I don't have a dog in this hunt other than being lucky enough to get the beta version to play with. It's an awesome piece guys. Get in line!

Pricing will be sub-$100 perhaps WAY less than $100 depending on how many folks want one. If you want in, send an email to ajpastore@rcn.com as he's the guy building them. Let him know I recommended him so you get top of the list.

Here's a pic:  -

Let me know if you want any more info on it.

Cheers,
...Colin

[ 03-01-2009, 07:07 AM: Message edited by: Colin MacLean ]

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

very cool

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

avgjoe

Icon 1 posted  Profile for avgjoe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any info?

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Colin,

Did this ever go into production?

-Juan

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sure did: http://www.apelectrix.com

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Colin. I ordered one today. For others interested, this upgrade works on G27 pedals too.

-Juan

--------------------

Veteran Member

Installed and works great! Finally a brake pedal that doesn't feel like it needs to be bled. Makes heel toe realistic. Only $69.

--------------------

Roger Caddell Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Victory Lane Data

Region: Northwest
Car #: #30
Year : 2007
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Roger Caddell   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got ours today, will install early next week. Andrew is testing in CA and I am giving a seminar this weekend in New Jersey.

--------------------
Thanks!

Roger Caddell

Victory Lane Data - Your Aim Data Acquisition Connection!
Andrew Caddell - Personal Website!

Veteran Member

Really easy install. Nice engineering.

--------------------

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: