Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » Spec Miata on Forza Motorsport 3 (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next » 

Author Topic: Spec Miata on Forza Motorsport 3
Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks John. I just spent hours designing and applying vinyl groups so my car looks like the real one. I will wait for the mod list so I can mod my current car. Don't want to go through the vinyl thing again.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok, I got down to it and created an exact Spec Miata on Forza tonight. Here is how I built it and why I chose the parts I did. I suggest this is the car that we race for our spec series on the game as it is as close to the real thing as possible, regardless of the performance index number. So, these are the parts I installed starting from the "engine and power" category:

Engine and Power

Air Filter > Install the "Street Air Filter"

Exhaust > Install the "Street Exhaust"
Your new PI number should be F188 after these mods.

I installed these items because the stock horsepower of the Miata in the game is 127. I am assuming this is flywheel horsepower, and figuring that the best SM motors make 125-130 to the wheels, and I chose to add a couple of mods to try and equalize them (plus, the stock miata in the game is a little slower on lap times than a real sm on tracks I have compared them too) so if you add 10% to 127 to make up for driveline loss it makes the horsepower 139.7, and adding these modifications brings the horsepower to 139 (which might be what sm motors are making on an engine dyno without driveline loss). I don't know exactly how I figured this out, so if it sounds wacky just go with it.

Platform and Handling

Brakes > Install "Street Brakes"
Your new PI should be F189

Springs and Dampers > Install "Race Springs and Dampers"
This mod allows full adjustbility (needed to allow for the proper setup later)
Your new PI should be F193

Anti Roll Bars > Install "Sport front anti roll bars" and "Sport rear anti roll bars"
Your PI should remain F193

Chassis Reinforcement and Roll Cage > Install the "Race chassis reinforcement and roll cage"
Your new PI should be F197

Weight Reduction > install "sport weight reduction". I know this does not match up to what a real spec miata has parts wise, but look closely at the weight of your car with this mod, it is 2201. Add in the average (lighter than most of us) driver and this is just about right for a 94, which is 2350 if I remember correctly.

Drivetrain

Clutch > Install "sport clutch"
Your new PI should be E201

Tires and Rims

Go to "Rim Style" all the way to the right first, go to the Team Dynamics wheels and install > "Pro Race 1 or Pro Race 2 (Pro Race 2 is 3lbs lighter)

Front Rim Size > Upgrade the Front Rim Size to the first option to the right which will give you a 185/55/15 wheel (don't worry, the tire size will be 205-50-15 later)

Rear Rim Size > Do the same as the front

Front tire width > install the second option to the right which is "205-50-15"

Rear tire width > do the same as the front again

Tire compound > install the second tire choice to the right which is "sport tire compound" (these are DOT legal spec tires according to the description)

After all the mods your new PI should be E269 (sorry, forgot to document each PI increase)

Suspension Tuning

The only thing that needs to be spec here is the spring rates, which should be 700 in the front and 325 in the rear. The ride height, alignment, and tire pressures are open to your adjustments, just as in real life, and the only other adjustment that is available is the damping, which I suggest we leave alone to eliminate complications.

What do you all think? Let's try it out this weekend. If someone needs a spec car because they just got the game, us experienced guys with a lot of in game credit get together and build a couple of these cars to gift to our fellow racers.

Enjoy! Feedback and adjustments to this formula are always welcomed.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

www.5xracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Teamfour:
Thanks John. I just spent hours designing and applying vinyl groups so my car looks like the real one. I will wait for the mod list so I can mod my current car. Don't want to go through the vinyl thing again.

That's cool, but you can copy your designs to other cars, so you can basically use your design on any car you own in the game. Either way, the mod list is out and ready to go!

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

www.5xracing.com

UPDATE!

I tested my new spec miata that I built while making this list and it is PERFECT! I am able to run right at the real life SM lap record at Sebring long pushing the car 10/10ths. Also, as a bonus the sm setup running that lap time was able to land me the 250th best time in the world leaderboards at Sebring long! So this car is serious, both as an sm and as an E class competitor, I am going to use it for all E class races in the future.

I think this is going to work guys, let me know what you think.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds good to me, I'll build one and give the new setup a try.

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in for a race on Saturday -- just name a time and a track. I sent a bunch of you friend requests last week, and a few of you actually accepted. [Smile]

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

DaveCo

Region: NorthWet Washington 27
Car #: 08
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveCo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm with you guys add my gamer tag to your list and I'll race with ya. Sounds like a lot of fun!

"trackdogmiata"

Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do we have a time, track, and/or spec in mind yet?

--------------------

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Let's all try John's spec. Can anyone do 5pm today?

--------------------
CDOC

5 p.m. Pacific would work, but I suspect you meant 5 p.m. Eastern. [Smile]

Counterproposal: 5 p.m. Pacific / 8 p.m. Eastern today at Road Atlanta. 11 laps, random grid order. John's spec, no assists allowed. Sound doable?

--------------------

www.5xracing.com

I am out and about christmas shopping, but can be on later. Maybe I can catch some of you left coasters on, I am friends with most of you on live so I'll search when I get on. I am a late night gamer most of the time, sorry if I missed the earlier races today.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All i need to complete my spec is a white Mazda logo. All the ones I've searched for in the storefront seem to be corrupt. Anyone got one they want to share?

D

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

DES4 Verified Driver

Region: Central Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DES4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi all;

John sent me the series setup which I've put together as of this morning; if you are online anytime send me an invite. Tag is:

Cheeto23

I'll monitor this thread and try and keep up.

Dan: I've got a good Mazda script logo (it's black, but I can make it any color you'd like) that I can gift you, just send me a friend request.

Dave S

Given our inability to get a race going so far, maybe we should start planning a race a week out. [Smile] What do people think about 5 p.m. Pacific on Saturday, December 26th?

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Newbie to xbox live here: how does one join a race?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Im going to get around to adding most of you on Live, so the random request from "doop07" is me...

D

cheeto, i sent you a request, if you could send me that logo, that would be awesome!

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

OK I added all on this thread to my friends list. So if you see a gamertag "meowta", that is me.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

John, the only thing I'd add to the build is the diff. For us guys that don't run any of the assists, it's almost a necessity.

The Mazda logo on my rear qtr. panel in my avatar is the one on Cheeto23's storefront. If you buy it off his storefront, you can make it any color you want when you apply it to your car.

And here's the video of the Sebring race we did a few weeks back, that I finally got around to loading to YouTube. I cut it down to two laps, as I was just following my car for the video. If I have some spare time, I'll make some action vids. It takes a LOOOONG time to upload 30 sec. clips to the Forza site, then download them to your computer (one at a time!), then splice them together in Windows Movie Maker, then publish, then upload to YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hybRIRnpHXQ

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

DES4 Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for DES4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by racerfink:
John, the only thing I'd add to the build is the diff. For us guys that don't run any of the assists, it's almost a necessity.

The Mazda logo on my rear qtr. panel in my avatar is the one on Cheeto23's storefront. If you buy it off his storefront, you can make it any color you want when you apply it to your car.

And here's the video of the Sebring race we did a few weeks back, that I finally got around to loading to YouTube. I cut it down to two laps, as I was just following my car for the video. If I have some spare time, I'll make some action vids. It takes a LOOOONG time to upload 30 sec. clips to the Forza site, then download them to your computer (one at a time!), then splice them together in Windows Movie Maker, then publish, then upload to YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hybRIRnpHXQ

We don't run either upgrade diff in the Spec Miata series we're running at our forum, and although the format requires that all assists are off, no one seems to have any problems with it. Our spec, however, differs a bit; horsepower is lower (128) and weight higher (2318) with no adjustments available for the suspension (sport). This spec drives okay without the diff as well, IMO. But the point racerfink makes is a sound one...

The "Mazda" logo, or anything else on my storefront, is free to anyone I know or race with; just let me know and I'll gladly gift whatever you might need.

So; when and at what track is the upcoming race?

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have Forza 3 and a car built to the original SM specs that Sam posted. I don't have Xbox Live or a dongle to hook it up to my wireless though! I'll work on it after the new year and might join you guys for a few events.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

www.5xracing.com

If you guys want to add the diff, then we can do it, I don't care really. I just tried to make the car as close to possible as the real thing, and for the 1994 you are only able to run the factory torsen, which is of course not adjustable like the one in the game. I was able to run lap record times with all the assists off at Sebring (Brian, I know you can too, since you are better than me!).

Whatever everyone wants as a group is fine by me.

I also think that some of the guys that are new to the game and not used to it should be allowed to run with the ABS on and in some cases the traction control too, as it is very hard to pick this game up and drive without the assists at first. Auto shifting is fine too, I am not too worried about parity here, as long as everyone is having a good time and able to keep up with the more experienced guys.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm playing with a controller, so I've found the traction control is almost a necessity to keep the car under control.

Blake

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

FWIW, I am using a wheel and have all assists turned off except for automatic shifting. It has taken me a while to keep from spinning, but just like the real thing seat time is all it takes.

BTW, why can't I adjust the sway bars?

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Team Four Racing

EFoss28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2008 SM and MX-5 Cup Champion 2009 SWC Rookie of the Year

Region: Texas
Car #: 28
Year : 99/06/10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just sent everyone friend requests... Someone has too many friends though [Smile] I like the setup, but think it is a little too fast. So far I am running -.8 camber front and rear and it seems pretty good, I may play with it a little later today if I get some more time.

Running sport suspension would be better to keep people from tuning the shocks. Taking away the air filter and exhaust might make the lap times more realistic, but I think the tracks are faster in the game.

Oh yeah if we could get rid of that Daniels ECU and had to shift at 6800 it might be more realistic too [Smile]

Blake I can't drive with the controller to save my life. The Fanatec wheel is supposed to be really good and it will work on PS3/PC/XBox360. I have the crappy MS Wheel and it is about time for an upgrade!

--------------------
http://www.GoTeamMER.com
http://www.ericfossracing.com
http://www.saferacer.com

JIM DANIELS

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can make it redline anywhere you want it bro..... [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by EFoss28:
Just sent everyone friend requests... Someone has too many friends though [Smile] I like the setup, but think it is a little too fast. So far I am running -.8 camber front and rear and it seems pretty good, I may play with it a little later today if I get some more time.

Running sport suspension would be better to keep people from tuning the shocks. Taking away the air filter and exhaust might make the lap times more realistic, but I think the tracks are faster in the game.

Oh yeah if we could get rid of that Daniels ECU and had to shift at 6800 it might be more realistic too [Smile]

Blake I can't drive with the controller to save my life. The Fanatec wheel is supposed to be really good and it will work on PS3/PC/XBox360. I have the crappy MS Wheel and it is about time for an upgrade!

I can make it redline anywhere you want it bro..... [Wink]

The car's perfectly driveable without an LSD upgrade - some of you just need to develop trigger discipline in the same way you've developed right foot discipline over the years. [Smile] (Or buy a wheel.)

Again, anyone interested in prearranging a race, say this Saturday? We haven't had much luck so far with a spontaneous gathering.

--------------------

NV Racer Verified Driver

Region: SFR
Car #: 70
Icon 1 posted  Profile for NV Racer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried no assists the other night it was interesting. Definitely would allow ABS. It is very easy to brake yourself right off the track. Traction control is not as important in a Miata but necessary for beginners in high power cars. I am going to add everyone as friends printed out all tags last night. My gamertag is "nvracer"

Dennis

Gig 'em Aggies

Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The stock rear end for the car in the game is an OPEN diff, which is why the car is so unstable at 10/10ths. My hands cramp up pretty good from the amount of correcting I have to do on the joystick controller, especially at places like Road Atlanta coming through the esses (the exit mostly), and the last turn.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

jj15ball

Region: SE
Car #: 15
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jj15ball     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only sissies race with the assists on! The game is a little unrealistic in that it will spin the tires mid corner if you stick your finger (or foot for those with a wheel)in it. The real thing won't rotate without putting the power down and rarely spins the wheels. Just my observation, but maybe I need one of JD's ECU's and a better motor [Smile]

--------------------
Jason Ball

DES4 Verified Driver

quote:
Originally posted by PedalFaster:
The car's perfectly driveable without an LSD upgrade - some of you just need to develop trigger discipline in the same way you've developed right foot discipline over the years. [Smile] (Or buy a wheel.)

Again, anyone interested in prearranging a race, say this Saturday? We haven't had much luck so far with a spontaneous gathering.

I'm up for this Saturday, if you can make it in the evening; perhaps sometime beyond 6:00 pm (eastern time)...?

Looking forward to trying this spec out.

www.5xracing.com

quote:
FWIW, I am using a wheel and have all assists turned off except for automatic shifting. It has taken me a while to keep from spinning, but just like the real thing seat time is all it takes.

The sway bars are the sport versions, which are non-adjustable upgrades (mid level). Since we can only adjust the rear bar on 94's in real life I figured that was more applicable. Plus, the race sway bars are serious, they have incremental adjustments, not just "soft" "mid" or "hard".

If the general consensus with the diff is to add one, than cool. I feel as if the stock diff is perfectly adequate, and the race diffs will make the cars too fast as far as lap times go. Whatever everyone wants is fine by me, I can drive the car how it is pretty good, the diff will only make me faster [yep]

I am up for the sport suspension if people are cheating with their setups, and agree that removing the air filter and/or exhaust to slow up the cars a bit would dial it in closer to the real lap times. I agree that the tracks are a little faster in the game too, but hey, it's not bad for an xbox game!

I can do late night games most of the time on friday and saturday nights, I am usually busy with catching up from the week during the day on the weekends (or racing in sunny Florida where the season never ends). My "late" is usually 10 or 11 pm eastern until whenever, I work the midnight shift during the week so I stay up super late. I can most likely race this saturday night, as the christmas weekend will be quieter than usual that late.

Let me know! Add me on your friends list: john5xracing is my gamertag

--------------------
John Adamczyk

NASA FL Race Director

weidspeed Verified Driver

Region: Oregon Region
Car #: 7
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for weidspeed     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm a total gamer newbie. My kids are awesome with their controllers, but I need a wheel for our XBox 360. What do you recommend?

quote:
Originally posted by weidspeed:
I need a wheel for our XBox 360. What do you recommend?

The Microsoft wheel. It's not great, but it's functional and not too expensive. The high-end option by Fanatec costs hundreds of dollars and has questionable availability (it was a limited edition and ships from Germany), and the cheaper non-Microsoft wheels are supposed to be pretty poor.

Edit: Full disclosure: I work for Microsoft, but am not speaking for the company in any official capacity.

--------------------

TaxMan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Willing to trade tax advice for Miata parts...

Region: Florida Region
SMIM: TaxMan
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd prefer a pre-midnight eastern night series. Weekdays or weekends are fine by me. Just tell me the car to build and when to show up.

Xbox Live Name: RacingKiwi

--------------------
Gary Jenkins
SEDIV Spec Miata Advisory Committe
AOL IM:PBLRacing

Gig 'em Aggies

Looking through all the videos from those races we did a few weeks back, it seems the biggest problem everybody had was with the snap oversteer. And that was with slicks, remember?

If we allow the TCS and STM, all that does is do a much better job (and faster) at limiting wheelspin than the Sport or Race Limited slip can. And in stock form IN THE GAME, the Miata has an OPEN diff. That is to say, NO Ltd. slip properties.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

DES4 Verified Driver

I just ran a few trial laps in this particular spec (open diff), with no assists and using the controller; I find the car easily controlled, but my times may be suffering, as you really need to roll into the throttle easy to avoid oversteer when exiting the turns.

My vote would be to leave the diff open; it reacts like Spec Miatas I've driven. That isn't to say that those cars were right; I've very little real-world experience in these cars.

Having said that, I'm interested in racing/testing anytime this weekend, although it'd have to be evenings for me (eastern time).

Gig 'em Aggies

I'll be on later tonight after I get off work.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Gig 'em Aggies

John, my car came out to the right P.I., but the weight is at 2204. Typo?

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

caesss Verified Driver

Region: Southwest
Car #: 49
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for caesss   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5x Racing:
quote:

The sway bars are the sport versions, which are non-adjustable upgrades (mid level). Since we can only adjust the rear bar on 94's in real life I figured that was more applicable. Plus, the race sway bars are serious, they have incremental adjustments, not just "soft" "mid" or "hard".

If the general consensus with the diff is to add one, than cool. I feel as if the stock diff is perfectly adequate, and the race diffs will make the cars too fast as far as lap times go. Whatever everyone wants is fine by me, I can drive the car how it is pretty good, the diff will only make me faster [yep]

I am up for the sport suspension if people are cheating with their setups, and agree that removing the air filter and/or exhaust to slow up the cars a bit would dial it in closer to the real lap times. I agree that the tracks are a little faster in the game too, but hey, it's not bad for an xbox game!

I can do late night games most of the time on friday and saturday nights, I am usually busy with catching up from the week during the day on the weekends (or racing in sunny Florida where the season never ends). My "late" is usually 10 or 11 pm eastern until whenever, I work the midnight shift during the week so I stay up super late. I can most likely race this saturday night, as the christmas weekend will be quieter than usual that late.

Let me know! Add me on your friends list: john5xracing is my gamertag

John add me to your list "caesss"

I'm in agreement with removing all engine upgrades. I also don't think that the diff makes that much difference but I'm game for anything. I would add that Clutch and Brakes upgrades really don't do much either in this setup. My votes is YES on the assists (TCS and ABS), the car does crazy things without them.

One thing I may suggest, is to have you guys play around with the Race Transmission the only reason I suggest that is because it allows you to set all the gear ratios. This could help with the issues of the weird shifting points that someone mentioned earlier. i don't think it does that much in terms of "speed performance" it just gets the car closer to the real thing.

not that I want to make it more complicated but I figured I'd throw it out there. Top speed for each gear is 38,57,79,109,1xx,xxx (I run a 90 w/a 4.3 diff so I'm not sure how accurate those might be)

--------------------
Caesar Vielmas
YozoY.com | blu27.com

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey guys...built a 94 last night...graphics anyway (important part). Going to apply John's set up today.

I think I saw kiwi and fink on last night...everyone smoked me as I don't know the tracks.

I would submit that the oversteer problem is an xbox phenomena. Not that the sim isn't realistic, just missing the seat of the pants feedback that keeps your hands ahead of the back end of the car. Same applies for brake lock-up in the game.

Anyone have race scheduled?

gamertag: specracer70

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Team Saferacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Am guessing the difference is your wheel choice?

--------------------
Mike Asselta

quote:
Originally posted by YozoY:
My votes is YES on the assists (TCS and ABS), the car does crazy things without them.

I still think you guys are doing something wrong. I'm driving on John A's setup (thanks John!), and it's really hard to get it upset unless you clobber a curb or refuse to lift in mid-tank-slapper, and failing those situations I rarely even have to countersteer.

I find that I can get carried away and start driving like I'm playing a game (going to zero and back again on brakes, gas, and steering) rather than like I'm actually driving a car (smooth inputs). Maybe you're suffering from the same malady, and that's what's causing the perceived handling problems?

--------------------

Gig 'em Aggies

quote:
Originally posted by Unsafe:
quote:

I've got the lighter of the two Team Dynamics wheels on, so it can't be that.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Gig 'em Aggies

quote:
Originally posted by PedalFaster:
quote:
Originally posted by YozoY:
My votes is YES on the assists (TCS and ABS), the car does crazy things without them.

I still think you guys are doing something wrong. I'm driving on John A's setup (thanks John!), and it's really hard to get it upset unless you clobber a curb or refuse to lift in mid-tank-slapper, and failing those situations I rarely even have to countersteer.

I find that I can get carried away and start driving like I'm playing a game (going to zero and back again on brakes, gas, and steering) rather than like I'm actually driving a car (smooth inputs). Maybe you're suffering from the same malady, and that's what's causing the perceived handling problems?

In Forza 2, I was a top 200 driver overall, and had many times in the top 50 IN NON-LEADERBOARD CARS. When I get down to building cars in FM3, I suspect it'll be more of the same. Trust me, I know what I'm doing.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Team Saferacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

I've got the lighter of the two Team Dynamics wheels on, so it can't be that.
hmmm....I just built mine this morning (noob) and it came out right on weight and peformance...I think I am using a -15 wheel, although not TD, I found a better look with the same weight characteristics...will double check. In any event...3 lbs probably won't matter, althought it is unsprung weight and plus it gives us noobs a fighting chance!

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Gig 'em Aggies

Well, you have to run the Team Dynamics wheels, so I don't know what else it could be.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Hey guys...built a 94 last night...graphics anyway (important part). Going to apply John's set up today.

I think I saw kiwi and fink on last night...everyone smoked me as I don't know the tracks.

I would submit that the oversteer problem is an xbox phenomena. Not that the sim isn't realistic, just missing the seat of the pants feedback that keeps your hands ahead of the back end of the car. Same applies for brake lock-up in the game.

Anyone have race scheduled?

gamertag: specracer70

Mike - We obviously 'suck' the same cause we were right with each other in those races last night. I will probably be back on late tonight too if I can kick my son off the Xbox.

--------------------
Gary Jenkins

As far as a time for the race, lets just pick a time and grab as many as we can.

How about 9pm EST Saturday night. We use John's setup from above. If there is enough push back we can add the diff for the race next time?

Takers?

--------------------
Gary Jenkins

quote:
Originally posted by TaxMan:
How about 9pm EST Saturday night. We use John's setup from above. If there is enough push back we can add the diff for the race next time?

We haven't had much luck organizing a race so far, but I'm in for 9 p.m. Eastern on Saturday. We should decide on a track and also nominate someone to set up the room. I nominate you. [Smile]

--------------------

Veteran Member

I'm game for 9pm eastern Sat. I can host if needed.

I think we should stick to the original specs that I posted for now as to not cause confusion. Agree?

--------------------
CDOC

Page 2 of 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: