Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » Spec Miata on Forza Motorsport 3 (Page 4)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 4 of 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next » 

Author Topic: Spec Miata on Forza Motorsport 3
racerfink Verified Driver
Gig 'em Aggies

Region: Central Florida Region
Car #: 111
Year : '90 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by autobahn usa:
hi guys i built a miata with sams specs but i am a novice and wonder if we need to have a novice group? it sounds like you x-box pros will leave us new guys far behind.i tried the manuel shift no clutch it was great fun but i am faster with auto. well back to my practice. hi sam. i go by spec larry.

The car with Sam's 1st specs is on slicks and weighs 2000lbs. We're using John's specs.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500
http://www.AutoTechnikRacing.com
www.myspace.com/projecthband

autobahn usa Verified Driver

Region: central
Car #: 96-101-191
Year : 3 spec miatas - mine & 2 sons
Icon 1 posted  Profile for autobahn usa     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

i did use johns specs it was on sams post. see why i need a novice class.

--------------------
autobahn usa- larry ballard

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Utah
Car #: 70
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Last night was fun until I got kicked off or something. I need to practice alot more and figure out my mic. Sorry to the three guys I bumped, real people are different then the game AI.

utracer70

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great racing last night. I had a great time. I hope everyone else did as well.

Larry, looking forward to having you join us!

I can't race next weekend because I will be out of town, is anyone interested in racing tonight?

If you guys want to race at a scheduled time next week let me know when you want to do it and I'll put it up at http://www.barnettmotorsports.com/Forza3SM

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

PedalFaster Verified Driver

Region: Northwest
Car #: 86
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd be in for tonight -- I should free up a bit after six Pacific (nine Eastern).

--------------------
Stephen Hui - '95 SM #86, Northwest / Oregon Region SCCA

Jonathan Christian Verified Driver

Region: south pacific
Car #: 31
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jonathan Christian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

couldnt get on in time to join you guys, are we doing free for all on the setup changes allowed, springs, caster, camber, toe etc. ?

Gig 'em Aggies

Icon 1 posted  Profile for racerfink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The springs HAVE to be 700.0 front and 325.0 rear. Ride Height, Caster, Camber, Air Pressure, Toe and Shocks are free.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anyone have the ability to make a Race Engineering decal in Forza 3? I'm not artistic enough but I'd love to have some on my car.

--------------------
CDOC

Tyler Dahl Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Utah
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tyler Dahl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll try to make one, I just got the game yesterday so it might take alittle practice.

--------------------
Tyler Dahl
Race Engineering
Miatacage.com
Carbotech

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well who lost last night?

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Veteran Member

All I can say is Drago must have built Racerfink's car because he is damn fast, especially at Sebring Hell of a driver.

Did anyone write down all the results? I asked someone to do it but I know we had a lot of echo problems last night.

I lost my connection in the Sebring race. I think I finished 3rd twice and 2nd once. We are going to need to have multiple hosts for the next race because we have over 8 people which is all a room can hold.

I'd set up some sort of sign up system and then assign a room leader. I'd like to set up a points system eventually and also do qualifying for the races if possible. The top 8 of all the rooms can compete for the final race.

I'll be on at 8:30pm eastern tonight if anyone wants to race.

--------------------
CDOC

Veteran Member

Here's a video of a Forza 3 Spec Miata race that another group is doing. It's worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl018rHiq4M

--------------------
CDOC

Gig 'em Aggies

I saved a few of the races, and they save the lap times on them. Some are from the room I was hosting, and some are from the room you were hosting.

I'm gonna try to make some videos to post to youtube, but it's gonna have to be after the basketball tourney I have for the next three days.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Gig 'em Aggies

If that video is by 11Reynard11, that's the spec miata series that Cheeto23 is running over at GTXF.net (youtube is blocked here at work, so I can't see it right now).

A little less power, and it's using the Sport suspension. I think the PI is E229.

And all my cars are Jeffy Boy Specials! [Wink] I've been going to Sebring since 1988, and racing there since 1991!

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Gig 'em Aggies

I've got a few videos up on my storefront from the old specs we were using at the first of the month, if anybody wants to watch those.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone want to paint me a car? I'm terrible at it!

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Veteran Member

Anyone want to drive a car for me? I'm terrible at it... lol

--------------------
CDOC

MegaModerator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SamBarnett:
Anyone want to drive a car for me? I'm terrible at it... lol

[Big Grin]

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Gig 'em Aggies

If you have some pics of your car, I can paint it and send you the file

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I just now got it all set up. So I obviously didn't make it at 7:30. My tag name is "suckfumes". So add me to you guys friends list.

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

whoahstu

Icon 1 posted  Profile for whoahstu     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey, I had a great time running with you guys tonight. Thanks for the invite Sam.

XBL Gamertag: WhoahstU

--------------------
NASA HPDE2

Gig 'em Aggies

You want something like this? Or you want something newer? Granted, this is as far as I got with this one so far.

-

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

MegaModerator

quote:
Originally posted by racerfink:
You want something like this? Or you want something newer? Granted, this is as far as I got with this one so far.

Whoa! Thats awesome. I'll use that one to be nostalgic. [Smile]

Thanks and Gig 'Em.

--------------------
Blake Clements

www.blakeclements.com

Gig 'em Aggies

About the only thing left to do is the Phillips Race Prep and SPInduction decals on the doors. I may try cleaning up the nose too, so that the line between the silver (yeah, it almost looks white in the pic) and the red is curved instead of straight. Just send me a friend request- racerfink. It may take a few days for me to finish it up, cause I've got a basketball tourney I'm running and coaching a team in till Wednesday.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

TaxMan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Willing to trade tax advice for Miata parts...

Region: Florida Region
Car #: 7
SMIM: TaxMan
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As bad as I was, I am almost glad my DSL provider decided I didn't need an internet connection anymore.

Anyone feel like gifting me a setup that doesn't snap oversteer every corner? The more I try to fix the problem, the worse I make it.

I'm game for next week, I'd like to be in the 'slow' room though!

--------------------
Gary Jenkins
SEDIV Spec Miata Advisory Committe
AOL IM:PBLRacing

Icon 1 posted  Profile for PedalFaster     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are you hitting the curbs? The game's physics engine is really unforgiving of aggressive power application while on a curb.

--------------------

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by TaxMan:
As bad as I was, I am almost glad my DSL provider decided I didn't need an internet connection anymore.

Anyone feel like gifting me a setup that doesn't snap oversteer every corner? The more I try to fix the problem, the worse I make it.

I'm game for next week, I'd like to be in the 'slow' room though!

Gary,

I'll gift you a setup that is tighter than normal next time I am able to turn on the xbox. Things just got real busy around here, but I am going to plan for this Saturday night again @ 9pm.

Curbs will kill you, especially at Sebring. If you hit one mid corner your going to start spinning.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

John A - 5X Racing Verified Driver
www.5xracing.com

Region: NASA FL / CFR SCCA
Car #: 25
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John A - 5X Racing   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
The springs HAVE to be 700.0 front and 325.0 rear. Ride Height, Caster, Camber, Air Pressure, Toe and Shocks are free.

Shocks?? I was under the assumption we were leaving the settings the way they came on the Race suspension upgrade. Bound and Rebound settings are a bit tricky, does anyone know what these are on the Bilsteins? I would be interested to try out the realistic specs on shocks.

--------------------
John Adamczyk

Owner: 5X Racing Online Race Shop
Driver: Team 5X Racing #25 Spec Miata
NASA FL Race Director
Race Engineering Powered 1.6

suck fumes Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Lonestar
Car #: 75
Year : 3rd in the nation
Icon 1 posted  Profile for suck fumes     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be on again tonight if anyone wants to race later

--------------------
THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! -RickyBobby-

whoahstu

Icon 1 posted  Profile for whoahstu     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by suck fumes:
My tag name is "suckfumes". So add me to you guys friends list.

I couldn't get that to work, but "suck fumes" worked. Maybe you forgot the space?

--------------------
NASA HPDE2

Gig 'em Aggies

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5x Racing:
quote:

Shocks?? I was under the assumption we were leaving the settings the way they came on the Race suspension upgrade. Bound and Rebound settings are a bit tricky, does anyone know what these are on the Bilsteins? I would be interested to try out the realistic specs on shocks.
That's what I went for on my shock settings. My car is very under-damped. That's why my front wheels cleared the ground the one time through 17 at Sebring when I caught THE bump wrong.

--------------------
'90 Spec Miata
'90 Street Miata
'96 Chevy 1500

Jose Bonet Verified Driver

Region: CCR - 61
Car #: 79
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jose Bonet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gary, I'll send you my setup this morning... see you online

--------------------
Jose Bonet

TaxMan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Willing to trade tax advice for Miata parts...

Region: Florida Region
Car #: 7
SMIM: TaxMan
Icon 1 posted  Profile for TaxMan   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by John A - 5x Racing:
Curbs will kill you, especially at Sebring. If you hit one mid corner your going to start spinning.

I've been hitting curbs, walls, gravel traps, other cars (sorry Specracer70) anything else that gets in my way. Good news is that I've become really good at drifting my car through every corner so I might have to give up on the racing and move to the drifting part of the game!!

It was so bad that I might have to go to Sebring for the National next weekend just to get my confidence back.

--------------------
Gary Jenkins
SEDIV Spec Miata Advisory Committe
AOL IM:PBLRacing

Icon 1 posted  Profile for autobahn usa     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

HELP! what do you do to fix oversteer jose is not only one with this problem.

--------------------

jj15ball

Region: SE
Car #: 15
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jj15ball     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To fix oversteer, you need to be less liberal with the throttle. If your smooth and roll off the brakes as you turn in and slowly feed in throttle you won't oversteer. Smooth is the key, I still don't have it down yet, but when you get it right the car handles great. The real problem is that your butt isn't attached to the car [Smile] its not the setup. I'm running -3 camber all around and 32 psi.

--------------------
Jason Ball

caesss Verified Driver

Region: Southwest
Car #: 49
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for caesss   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

anyone setting up a race this week?

--------------------
Caesar Vielmas
YozoY.com | blu27.com

Just as in real life, the car's also much more stable when you take corners on throttle versus lifting in mid-corner. If you tune that out, I suspect the car will push like there's no tomorrow most of the time.

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jose Bonet     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can join tonight anytime after 8PM EDT.

"SM79"

--------------------
Jose Bonet

EFoss28 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
2008 SM and MX-5 Cup Champion 2009 SWC Rookie of the Year

Region: Texas
Car #: 28
Year : 99/06/10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jose and Larry,

run camber -.8 front and rear and 6.0 caster

ALL else stock and car is good!

Laps times with this setup.

Mazda Raceway: 1:41.239
Sebring Full: 2:34.616
Road America: 2:38.355
Road Atlanta: 1:38.714

No Assists
Manual+Clutch for shifting

You can watch replays for any laps that are in the top 300, Road America may disappear soon its 298

My gamer tag is EFoss1228

--------------------
http://www.GoTeamMER.com
http://www.ericfossracing.com
http://www.saferacer.com

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric, huge thanks. Much faster now.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Teamfour:
Eric, huge thanks. Much faster now.

...got to go try it now! I guess I will put off starting a pulitzer-prize-winning-novel for one more night. Xbox calling!

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Icon 1 posted  Profile for EFoss28   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm up for some online racing/coaching tonight if anyone wants to join up. That means you Asselta [Smile]

--------------------

Team Saferacer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm getting there...got a sudden PR curveball tossed at us.

--------------------
Mike Asselta

This is as accurate as I can get with my limited graphic skils [Smile]
 -  -

--------------------

quote:
Originally posted by EFoss28:

-

This is the only view any of us got of your car anyway. [fight]

--------------------

those pictures eric are great! its amazing what you can do on x-box. right now last fm is on and its great. try it. jose my tag is spec larry

--------------------

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Image of my car. Pretty accurate.

-

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

DES4 Verified Driver

Region: Central Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DES4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by SamBarnett:
Does anyone have the ability to make a Race Engineering decal in Forza 3? I'm not artistic enough but I'd love to have some on my car.

Gifted one to you.

Thanks for the help guys.
DES4 whats your gamertag?
Eric, the car looks great just like i remember it last time i was at RA.

--------------------
Jose Bonet

Team Saferacer

Nice job on the graphics Lee and Eric...

I was trying to bang out some laps last night with setup changes, but must admit I am still chasing that 1:38 at Road Atlanta by a wide margin.

Just to clarify a dodgy little post from a few days back...is everyone leaving their shock damping rates alone, or are people playing with these?????? We need to decide what the group is doing.

Maybe someone smarter than me can put it to a poll?

Can't police the shocks or damping, but I say, leave them as prescribed....700 in front, 325* in back and all else untouched.

*corrected

[ 12-31-2009, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Unsafe ]

--------------------
Mike Asselta

Page 4 of 8 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: