Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » Beware Texas Sim Racing

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Beware Texas Sim Racing
l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just a heads up this company may be going out of business. If you're interested in a Obutto seat contact the manufacturer directly, Chris is very easy to deal with. I had sent in my money to Texas Sim Racing and although I heard rumor some refunds were given despite several attempts at contact with them over three months passed and I never received a reply, a chair, or a refund. I screwed myself using Paypal instead of Visa, another lesson learned - Paypal could do nothing for me but with Visa I could have disputed the payment. Very expensive lesson, just a word of caution out there.

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you're not an iRacing member and haven't got all of the information from the forum there PM me for details. There are legal proceedings pending against these clowns who walked away with thousands of dollars of clients money.

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

l8tbreakr

Region: NER
Car #: 17
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for l8tbreakr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quick update on this situation. Harris County Texas has the individual's name that runs the show at Texas Sim Racing TXSRI.com, and I have filed a complaint with the DA against the company for fraud. I hated to do this, but the lack of refund or response offered me no other recourse. In the course of filing the complaint, I looked up their website for the DA, and saw this displayed on their home page. When I sent a follow up email to info@txsri.com, it now is shut off / bounces the email back as undeliverable and their (877) number is disconnected.

"Obutto Company LTD broke our distributorship agreement without notice or following the proper notices set by the agreement between Texas Sim Racing and Obutto Company LTD. If you have an Obutto oZone cockpit on order with us, please dont panic. We are not going to retain any of your money. We will have all refunds completed for all Obutto purchases very soon.
We are meeting with our attorneys this week and once we are cleared to do so, we will disclose all of the details that lead to our current position. We apologize for the inconvenience and please check back often for updates."

--------------------
-----------
AJ Goldsmith
Westborough, MA

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: