Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » rFactorcentral Spec Miata 1.3

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: rFactorcentral Spec Miata 1.3
tLinder

Region: SW
Car #: 40
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tLinder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just curious if anyone has experience / review of this http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Spec%20Miata

BrianW

Region: SW
Car #: 59
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for BrianW     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Toby, this is the Spec Miata mod that a bunch of us local in Dallas run on Monday nights. The designer of the mod is a friend of mine. As far as realistic is concerned, it is pretty good. The lack of G forces is a pretty descent learning curve when switching to virtual.

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What, is this a game? competition to iracing? seeing that it has VIR, i am curious.

hoop

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

Buelligan Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDC
Car #: 05
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Buelligan     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hoop,
rfactor has been around for awhile. While it is good and fun it is NOT iRacing! Right now iRacing is by far the best and most accurate 'simulation' out there. This is not a knock on the hard work by those in the rfactor community, as it is very good, just not as accurate.

--------------------
Mike Monaghan
#05 SSM
"BUELL" The Original STREETFIGHTER

iambhooper

Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Got ya. I've curious about something like iracing, however I don't think they have SM's in the mix yet. Also, I've been wondering if I could use my old Logitech PS2 Force feed back wheel with a PC?

hoop

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'06 RSX Type S

Thomas Benham

Region: Detroit
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Thomas Benham     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I tried it this morning, thought it was pretty damn good and emailed the link to to my subset of friends that both club and sim race.

--------------------
Thomas Benham

Phillip Holifield Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco Region
Car #: 20
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phillip Holifield     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What tracks do you guys run and how do lap times compare to real life?

SkeerRacing
Soon to be in a SM

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SkeerRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by iambhooper:
Got ya. I've curious about something like iracing, however I don't think they have SM's in the mix yet. Also, I've been wondering if I could use my old Logitech PS2 Force feed back wheel with a PC?

hoop

They have Mazda MX5 cup and roadster, also a Solstice, which is basically a SM... and they all are free [Big Grin]

--------------------
In 10 years, you will see me racing @ Le Mans
ElliottSkeerRacing.com

iambhooper

Free? What you talking about Willis?

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'06 RSX Type S

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by iambhooper:
Free? What you talking about Willis?

Included in the base package. As long as you pay your $10 a month [Wink]

Here's a taster of iRacing for you from my league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZD9h8IIByA can't beat it with a stick.

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

RoninGT21

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RoninGT21   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How about a race on Miller MP?

--------------------
Professional Sim-Racer... Rally, VLN, F3... still manage to have a life too [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: