Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » quick start to I racing

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: quick start to I racing
pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What should we get to I race without wasting time and money and get the right stuff the first time.

Thanks
pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Mike LL

Region: Florida
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike LL     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Get the G25 wheel, the G27 has more buttons that you don't need, unless you want sequential shift. That is only on the G27. Getthe best video card you can. Don't play it on Vista, use XP or 7. Min 2 gig ram, but get more if you can. Get at least a 20 inch monitor.

--------------------
Mike Lliteras
Sponsor, Mechanic, Owner and Dad
NASA FL

Bobby

Region: NE
Car #: 85
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bobby   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree with Mike on the wheel. Don't skimp on the hardware (the iracing forum is the best place to find out what you need based on the system you currently have). As for a monitor I suggest you go big - the only senses you have are your eyes and ears. I use a 37" flatscreen at home and a 17" when I travel (yes i bring my wheel with me - I travel a lot and gotta do something).

--------------------
BG

SkeerRacing
Soon to be in a SM

Icon 1 posted  Profile for SkeerRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I got my G25 on craigslist for $125... 2 years later its doing great. You can find good hardware for cheap. Also be willing to spend in the game itself. $12 a month
$12 a car
$12-15 a track

--------------------
In 10 years, you will see me racing @ Le Mans
ElliottSkeerRacing.com

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cool, thanks guys for getting my pointed in the right direction.

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Heritage Racing Group

Region: STEEL CITIES
Car #: 15
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Heritage Racing Group     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

does any one know of a ready to go CPU....I am not a computer guy... why can i not find a system ready to go....just need a cpu to do racing ..nothing else

Greg

juliancates

Icon 1 posted  Profile for juliancates   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's what I bought, more or less specifically to do iRacing. I mean... for the kids... yeah... that's it.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/studio-xps-8100/pd?oc=dxdonn2&model_id=studio-xps-8100

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Guys, check this link out. http://www.oneilpcsystems.com Tim custom builds these machines specifically for iRacing. Full warranty. Pick one of those up, a monitor (or three if you can swing it) and a Logitech G27 wheel. You're done for a loooong time.

I have a lot of experience building machines for iRacing also, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: