next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » SMulators » old xbox wheel, MC2

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: old xbox wheel, MC2
Reggie Verified Driver

Region: Delta
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Reggie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there any adapter available to plug the MC2 steering wheel into the cord in order to enable this wheel to be used with PC? I don't know if it is up to the G25/G27 Logitech, but I already have it. Thanks.

Mike
Memphis PC Guy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To get the Xbox 360 MC2 racing wheel working on your PC, you will need to do the following:

1. Visit Microsoft’s website and locate the appropriate driver for your PC:

a. Go to http://www.microsoft.com
b. Type “Xbox 360 Controller for Windows” in the search bar
c. Click on the first link that says” Xbox 360 Controller for Windows”
d. Click on “Downloads” on the left hand side under “Resources”
e. Follow the on-screen instructions.

2. Once the driver is finished installing, plug the Xbox 360 MC2 racing wheel into a free USB port on your PC.

3. If the “Hardware Update Wizard” appears, select “Install the software automatically (Recommended).”

Go into the Control Panel of your PC and click on the Game Controllers icon. If your PC is recognizing the wheel properly, it will show up as MadCatz 360 (Controller)

Some PC games do not support USB wheels. If the game you want to play supports USB wheels, this should be stated on the back of the box the game was packaged in. Also, some PC games that do support USB wheels do not have proper support for our MC2 racing wheel written into them. Contact the game developer in this case as there is nothing we can do on our end to force the game to see our racing wheel.

--------------------
Mike
Memphis PC Guy
http://memphispcguy.com
http://www.mazdaracers.com

Teamfour Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: WDCR
Car #: 04
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Teamfour   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Based on your other post regarding iRacing, I am going to assume that is what you want to use the Xbox wheel for. Go to the iRacing site and they will tell you exactly what the PC and wheel requirements are. In short, I don't think the Xbox wheel will work.

--------------------
Lee Tilton
1993 Meowta #04
Brimtek Motorsports/ Team Four Racing
Team Four Racing

Reggie Verified Driver

Region: Delta
Car #: 77
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Reggie     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The plugs on the old xbox (not an xbox 360)won't plug into a PC. So I don't think it will work unless there's an adapter plug to make the conversion. Thanks.

iambhooper

Region: NCR
Car #: NA
SMIM: NA
Icon 1 posted  Profile for iambhooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a Logitech wheel/pedals for my PS2, is it possible to use that with a PC setup?

--------------------
hoop
'91 Spec Miata
'90 NA Beater/Track Day car
'06 RSX Type S

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: