Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » I'd like to welcome the Great Lakes to SpecMiata.com

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: I'd like to welcome the Great Lakes to SpecMiata.com
davidb72 Verified Driver
Ball Breaker

Region: Susquehanna
Car #: SSM # 28
Year : 1991
Icon 4 posted  Profile for davidb72   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Especially Lake Huron, my favorite...

-

--------------------
David Black
#28 SpecMiata
www.ronfez.net
www.ronpaul2008.com

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Huron is nice, but my lake is Superior. hehehe
What a way to start off the new division. [Big Grin]

Hey Bennett, Can we get the track records & unofficial reserved numbers copied over here?

Eric

Jed Welder Verified Driver

Region: WMR
Car #: 26
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jed Welder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Very nice, don't forget all the little lakes (ponds? puddles?) around the state.

--------------------
Back in the USA

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's a shout out to Lake Michigan !!!

BLUE #4 Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Houston
Car #: 4
Year : 1996
Icon 6 posted  Profile for BLUE #4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How exciting - a brand new division.
I suspect that it is now time for the real characters (thats you DB ) STEP UP and assume that exhalted position of notoriety reserved for those most deserving as a result of past deeds and future actions.... [laughing] almost always preceeded by the ever popular HEY YA'LL WATCH THIS.

On a more serious note - based on a quick peek at the race dates it looks like this will be a win-win for everybody in both Cendiv and Great Lakes.

FYI- went to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend and watched the newbies work on Driver School skills. Needed a light jacket and sunglasses. Your temp says 19 degrees and a heated garage is required to work indoors.

Miss you guys already [group hug] but making new friends in Texas.

Mike Neal
903-330-4003

--------------------
Race hard but remember that we all need to go back to work Monday morning. We do this to have FUN.
Take care my friends.

Jon Hummer Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
http://www.usaturf.com

Region: Susq. Pa.
Car #: #2 SM "The Deuce" #10 SSM "The Dime"
Year : 1991 / 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Hummer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Home track? [scratchchin]

--------------------
Jon Hummer
#2 NESCCA/MARRS
http://www.RPPerformanceracing.com

"Lead, Follow, or Get outta the way!"

Jason Meise Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: Lone Star / Washington DC
Car #: 54
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jason Meise     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by BLUE #4:

FYI- went to Texas Motor Speedway this weekend and watched the newbies work on Driver School skills. Needed a light jacket and sunglasses. Your temp says 19 degrees and a heated garage is required to work indoors.

Miss you guys already [group hug] but making new friends in Texas.

Mike Neal
903-330-4003

Mike Neal is down here now too.

The Yankee's are invading Texas [censored] . Mike, good to have you here in TX.

The CenDiv was a little crowded up there.

--------------------
Jason Meise
2001 MARRS Champion
http://www.ctbrakes.com
President: Bobby Carter's "washed up race car driver club"
we're always looking for "old" members

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike,

You may want to watch the type of people you associate with in Texas, Mr. Excitement might mean something totally different to them.
[duck]
Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

BLUE #4 Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: Houston
Car #: 4
Year : 1996
Icon 6 posted  Profile for BLUE #4     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry, you are right there with DB....one of those exhalted individuals who are quite capable of filling in the void left by my departure.

Just remember a few tips that are bound to make friends anywhere you go. While waiting in the staging area - just leave it in gear and slip the clutch for a quick tap on the rear bumper ahead of you and then wave finger(s) [Roll Eyes] in rabid motion like it was their fault. [laughing] Walk up to the new guys and tell them what the yellow stripes on the mirrors are for. They really like that.

Last but not least, walk up to the officials - SOM preferrably - but any of them will do in a pinch as they all talk about drivers who get their attention and introduce yourself. Let them know that you have been on probation plenty of times and are just finishing up a suspension and do not want to hear any crap from them. The SOM really enjoys this as it kind of sets the tone and gives him (or her) something to do for the weekend. I was really (not) surprised that the SOM at the run offs came up to me and introduced himself but somehow already knew who I was. Go figure.

Jerry as a long time official you of all people should be able to find a way to make a big splash in tech even before the weekend gets started. If it really works - give me a private post and I can have one of the newbies down here try it....heck if its that good I may try it myself.

In all seriousness, Jerry is the last guy I would suspect of doing any of these things but there is no doubt that some deserving soul will step up and fill the void....just post away as the season goes along so I can see who the lucky fellow is.

Working on the car for next season.
Mike Neal
SWDIV
maybe # 4 - maybe not

--------------------
Race hard but remember that we all need to go back to work Monday morning. We do this to have FUN.
Take care my friends.

Matt Johnson Verified Driver

Car #: 73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mike, you have it all wrong for Cutler - his M.O. is to eat too much and fall asleep on grid, letting his car roll into the car ahead.

--------------------
Matt Johnson
1990 SM #73 - yet another red miata.

Huge Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Best part of that one was the waking up and seeing the guy in the orange Acura putting his hands up in the air like "WTF ?".

I had to tell my buddy who was on the grid to go over and apolgize. I was like, "Hey, go tell that guy I'm sorry, I fell asleep." About one second later, I realized that that wasn't going to make the guy feel any better...

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does anybody know when or if the new schedule is out for us yet?

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bob,

As of today, the schedule has not been released. I believe this is because it is still morphing. I had been trying to keep up with changes to the tennative schedule, but I finally gave up and am opting to wait until it is released. Patience Grasshopper.
[Sleep]
BTW, weasels and other ground-life (skunks, gators, rabbits, boars, etc.) can very easily get sucked into jet engines on the ground. And the end result is the same, generally damage to both the critter and the engine.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Regarding the schedule....as of now there is alooooooooooootttt of open space. Between 2 major summer holidays that I won't mention. Its still not final, but for now don't expect much freedom or brat eating if you get my drift....I also see far less champ series events. And I would be in a position to know as I know the chairman of the champ series......shhh don't tell anyone and maybe the powers that be will get things straightened out.

db

GLDIV regional champ series chairman

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Last year there were TOO MANY weekends to the point that some events were cancelled or worse yet, LOST money on their racing weekends.

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

Edwin Ho Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I Am Canadian

Car #: 65
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edwin Ho   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B(Kuch) Kucera 45:
Does anybody know when or if the new schedule is out for us yet?

Here's a tentative schedule:

http://tinyurl.com/tpgxz

Ed.

--------------------
Edwin Ho
www.ehmotorsports.org

M Miller
All around good guy

Region: Great Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for M Miller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What is ORP? Excuse my ignorance.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by millerracer:
What is ORP? Excuse my ignorance.

O'Reily Raceway Park..formerly known as IRP or Indianapolis Raceway Park. O'Reily Auto Parts bought the naming rights this year.

db

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is that correct, with only 6 national races or are there more to come?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

M Miller
All around good guy

Region: Great Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for M Miller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks.. I wasn't aware they renamed IRP. I hope they repaved it.. last time I was there - it was like driving over a bunch of cliffs.

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It is still like a cliff.

pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

steveracer Verified Driver
Large member

Car #: 6
Year : 1990 1.6
Icon 1 posted  Profile for steveracer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cleveland with ChampCar!!!!

Cool!

--------------------
"To punish me for my contempt for authority, fate made me an authority myself"

Albert Einstein

quote:
Originally posted by steveracer:

Cool!

Don't hold your breath. That WAS real tentative...

db

Huge Member

I think some of the weekend dates are off or else we're going to be racing during the week...

Edwin Ho Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I Am Canadian

Car #: 65
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edwin Ho   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Cool!

I heard that the last time it was a restricted regional for TCC only?

Ed.

--------------------
Edwin Ho
www.ehmotorsports.org

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That would be awesome if they could get that,I alway's wanted to get on that track.

Is there any way we can help to get this done?

I think the people in Cleveland would love to see us race and maybe some company's would get into club racing if they see how much excitement there is in this class(sponsorship's).

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

Ron Kucera Verified Driver

Region: NeOhio
Car #: #37
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Ron Kucera     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What does TCC stand for?

Bob,

I just sent you a pm.

--------------------
R KUCH
----------------------------------
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TCC is a Corvette Challenge series. They were at Cleveland this past summer. I would be amazed if it was an open regional, highly unlikely.

Eric

Matt Johnson Verified Driver

Car #: 73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

TCC - bunch of wanks... at Grattan we can push them through the whole track except for the straight...

--------------------
Matt Johnson
1990 SM #73 - yet another red miata.

The organizers of the CGP wanted an additional support series and did not want to pay. Thats how TCC got in there last year and there was an overture made for a restricted regional to be part of the weekend. I don't think a final decision has been made, but its highly doubtful. The other issue is of paddock space--there is no extra close enough to be practical. IF it comes off it will likely be for one group--likely IT and the number of cars would be limited and probably the faster ones would be preferred such as ITE and ITS. Now I know that SM would put on a better show, but its not up to us.

It is ok however to dream.....

db

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Cool!

The local region has nothing to say or do about who races at this event. It is purely up to the promoter, they TELL them who will be there. I doesn't matter what kind of a race it is. It is not the region's idea.

Huge Member

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Johnson:
TCC - bunch of wanks... at Grattan we can push them through the whole track except for the straight...

Very true. Who would have thought that a Spec Miata could be held up by a Corvette ?

Dave Lewis

Region: detroit
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Lewis     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Johnson, you are a piece of work, no doubt about it.

With the schedule coming out today announcing the MX-5 series at Burke Lakefront Airport as a part of the CGP its probably a safe bet to assume that there will be no club racing on the airport. Oh well.....

Huge Member

That's ok. It's hard to race with all of those planes landing anyway...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: