Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » Grattan National - August

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Grattan National - August
Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone know if there will be Toyo support at this event?

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Why start now? (sorry, couldn't stop myself)

Motor City Hamilton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Knew that was coming.

I have 888s now, but am worried that I won't be able to finish the Grattan weekend with what I have left. Don't really want to buy brand new sets to take with me, but want to make sure I can finish the weekend.

After Grattan I am running all regionals that accept the open tires. Would like to buy Hoosiers to finish the season. Will be a nice comparison.

By the way, I don't really hate the R888s. They were fast right from lap one and still haven't really fallen off after 12 runs. I wasn't much of a fan of the RA1. The RA1 was really only fast over its last 4 or so runs. The R888 has been fast for me for 12. That's a longer period of time in the fast zone than the RA1.

Well, next year we get to do it all over again with the RA1.2.

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hoosier truck is usually all you will see.

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry for the wiseguy answer Keith but I don't recall ever meeting Toyo personnel at any track. Pat's correct, the Hoosier truck is usually there, Midwest Tire I believe, and they usually have Toyos but you better call them to make sure.

Denny

Motor City Hamilton

Denny - I love your wise guy answers.

Hope to see you at Mid-O in Sept and October.

Plan to do one or both. Good luck at Grattan.

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm reasonably confident that for this year the Hoosier "policy" has been to not stock the Toyo's at the track as they have in the past. The Hoosier dealers that support us so well at the track have often kept some Toyo's for the SM drivers, and will always be willing to mount, balance, etc anything. If you contact your friendly Hoosier dealer that will be at the track you are planning to attend, they will most likely bring whatever tire you request (buy). Contact the Region putting on the race to make sure which tire vendors are going to support that race weekend.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Where do you register for this event

Motor City Hamilton

http://www.wmr-scca.org/j10clubracing.htm

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure racing with you all last weekend, Rain cleared up and turned out to be a fairly nice weekend weather-wise. It was kinda nice to get a little rain practice and not have to mess with it for the race. ANyway hope to see you at the runoffs.
Later- Shawn Slattery #79

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Speedycrw Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Great Lakes
Car #: 55
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speedycrw     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Enjoyed racing with you as well Shawn. Nice win. Good luck at Runoffs, how about a rematch at Grattan next year [Smile]

Chris
#15(normally #55, when Craig isn't around)

Jerret Gerber

Region: Central
Car #: 9
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerret Gerber     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

what was the finishing order does anyone know?

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pat, Chris, Great race. You guys checked out. Nice clean lead changes back and forth. Well done. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerret,

Top 5 was:
Slattery
Williams
Manning
Burdzy
Wiedner

--------------------
Dave Cox

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: