Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » IT Spectacular Results?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: IT Spectacular Results?
rpiekarczyk

Icon 1 posted  Profile for rpiekarczyk     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did anyone stick around to see what the results were or are they posted somewhere? I had to head home after the race... and I believe a protest was holding things up.

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All I know is as I left, the protest was held as "a racing incident". Therefore the order should not change.
Bennett
Tiley
Gleason
Guthrie

I have no idea how the order for the whole weekend came out except Bennett won.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

rpiekarczyk

Icon 1 posted  Profile for rpiekarczyk     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Gotcha... thanks Charlie! It was nice meeting you Sunday!

Rob

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FYI, Schueing broke is wrist during the racing incident. They set it last night but he's going to need surgery.

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Big "Thank You" for all that came out and played at the IT/SPEC*tacular this year. The event went off with minimal issues (OK, so the Stewards didn't consider a wreck resulting in an injury and protest in the final race on Sunday minimal). I heard something about never putting SM in the last race group again being mumbled.

Official Results for Saturday Race

Bennett
Tiley
Murdick
Gleason
Scheuing

Official Results for Sunday AM Race

Bennett
Tiley
Gleason
Scheuing
Deerwester

Un-Official Results for Sunday PM Race

Bennett
Tiley
Gleason
Guthrie
Campbell

Involved in a late race incident (start of last lap I believe) on Sunday afternoon were Scheuing, Deerwester, and Gleason that resulted in John with a broken wrist and a shuffling of positions. The only results I received were provisional, so I'm calling the results un-official. But the Overall Championship results in SM should be:

Bennett (third year in a row)
Tiley
Gleason

I tied for 12th in the SM Overall (It's great having your daughter keeping the Overall Championship Points). Actually, 12th place was tied for about 20 of us.

John Swapceinski won the SSM Overall Championship for the 2nd year in a row.

Again, thanks for a great weekend.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to Mark !! 3 wins...atta boy !!

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to everyone who made for another great weekend of racing at Mid-Ohio. Once again, the three race "Championship" format with longer races than normal made for a fun alternative to the standard Regional events. As it has been for the previous 2 years, it was definitely worth the tow from NC. Sorry for wearing you out with all the phone calls on the way up Todd! It was great to see the Ford crew again, as well as the Deerwesters (excellent dinner!!!), Mathias, Bennetts, Cabe, Murdick, Guthrie, and Campbell. Great meeting Kevin Gleason and Jim Locke as well... nice folks. Congrats on the podium finish KG!

We definitely had our best performance in this event yet this time around with 3 second place finishes. Thanks a ton to Race Engineering for an awesome motor!!! Once we finally figured out the chassis (which took 6 PDX sessions, and three Test and Tune sessions), we ended up with a pretty stout piece!

Congrats to Mark Bennett for a third consecutive IT SpecTacular Championship. Thanks also for allowing me to stare at your rear bumper for a few laps before heading off to break the track record <again>. Good times.

And to Mr. Scheuing.... heal well my friend. Did you ever manage to get your laptime for the lap that you drove with your LF pointing West and your RF pointing East, all the while with multiple wrist fractures? You really can whoop us all with one hand tied behind your back can't you?

As it has been for the past three years, this is definitely our favorite event of the entire season.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Car #: 06
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

WOW! I really need to get down there, even if it is just to spectate. Congrats Bennett!

Dan, DDS gave me the update yesterday awesome run!

Get better soon John!

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Another big thank you to the Cincy Region for putting on a great event. I look forward to this one every year. Very competitive field, perfect weather, Deb and I catching up with friends we haven't seen for a while and visiting with the 'regulars'. [thumbsup]

All in all a great weekend, except for my 'arrive and drive' experience...

Getting punted Saturday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uynImd7lZ6c

and getting the 'chrome horn' on Sunday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KNQsHYcF_s

I hope Berg Racing charges their renters extra for damage. [Big Grin]

From my perspective (and others may agree) there was a little too much contact this weekend. One of the things I think NASA gets right, and something the SCCA could learn from them, is mandatory incident reports for metal-to-metal. More than tire rules and parity issues, nothing will kill my participation quicker than constantly repairing body panels. I'm contemplating taking up hot rods instead, even though my brother says that's for old men in Hawaiian shirts.

And injuries just plain suck.

Also, big thanks to my Saturday 'crew' Kim and Dave Watts. Anyone who brings me free pizza while I'm pounding out my passenger side door is the best crew ever. [Smash]

-Denny (no spring chicken and hey, I like Hawaiian shirts)

soupy

Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks everyone for all the help,interesting track to learn. Thanks Cincy,I had a great time and would like to get back there soon. Glad to meet some new people and renew old friendships. Hope to see all very soon.
Congrats to Mark and Dan, you guys looked awsum, even as your cars shrank in the distance.
Dave, maybe next time Kim will let you bring the other Miata.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Quick update on Mr. Scheuing....

After talking to John yesterday, he was in great spirits, and was going in for surgery shortly. The Doctors said there was no nerve damage, and that the fractures were "repairable". He's expecting a full recovery. The Ford crew banded together to get his rig back to Michigan on Monday.

BTW Denny... you look horrible in Hawaiian shirts.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Denny,

If you're running the double after the 12 hours, I'll bring you a couple Hawaiian shirts to get your collection started... [Big Grin]

Eric

K Gleason

Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for K Gleason     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had a blast the whole weekend. Its a shame the last race had to end with an injury to scheuing we battled all weekend and had a lot of fun doing it so I send a get well soon out to John. Great meeting you Dan thanks for the good words you drove great all weekend wish I had a little more for you. Congrats to Mark as well everyone I met was a real class act which makes it fun. Hope to see everyone soon.

Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi everyone,

I finally got the results for all of Saturday and Sunday morning yesterday evening. We'll get them posted as quick as we can. I am still waiting for the Sunday afternoon race. Sorry for the delay.

Todd

Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Car #: 06
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Tiley:
Quick update on Mr. Scheuing....

After talking to John yesterday, he was in great spirits, and was going in for surgery shortly. The Doctors said there was no nerve damage, and that the fractures were "repairable". He's expecting a full recovery. The Ford crew banded together to get his rig back to Michigan on Monday.

BTW Denny... you look horrible in Hawaiian shirts.

Are you sure it wasn't the pre-surgery drugs that had him in great spirits? [thumbsup] J/K Johns always been in good spirits when I raced him.

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have to agree with Denny regarding Team Check Book Racing. Getting punted back to 24th went I was running 10th in the Carousel during the Sunday qualifing race was total BS. Mid Ohio has some great places to pass but you've got the have a good run on a guy to make a clean one there.

And punting someone, then gettting your a$$ handed to you by the stewards and even then not having the decency to stop by to applogize is just plain lame.

Aside from that and John getting hurt, it was a really great weekend for me.

Brian

Region: Ohio Valley
Car #: 17
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations to The Professor on a third ITS win in SM, and to Dan Tiley as well for a great run ! (Dammit man, I wish they wouldn’t offer those PDX sessions to those already well prepared SM-ers from out of state !) Also congrats to my boy Johnny “the Ice Pick” Guthrie, for a great P4 in a tough crowd.

Glad to hear Dr. Evil and John “ The Shoe” Scheuing are going to OK. I’m sorry that I couldn’t stay and join y’all for the Sunday race as well… but I’m certainly NOT sorry that I missed the carnage. Recover quickly Rick and John.

My condolences to the Tim South-mobile… I understand that Tim had a big impact on Sunday morning. Glad to hear that you are OK Tim.

Ps....Denny, no one looks better, or more at home in a Hawaiian shirt then the Budman... especially when he's crewing for me !

--------------------
"Silver-17"
Smokin' Tire Racing

Bob Thornton - Race Engineering Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber. - Sir Winston Churchill

Region: Central Carolina
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Bob Thornton - Race Engineering   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to all. [thumbsup]
Tim, sorry to hear about the crash hope you'r ok.
How about that Dan Tiley guy [Big Grin] way to go Dan, it must be all of those NASCAR tricks you have up your sleeve. [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Bob Thornton
http://www.raceengineering.org
Race Engineering Championship Winning Engines

soupy

What was under the hood didn't hurt either.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As Todd indicated, the official qualification and race results are posted on the main page at http://www.cincyscca.com

The official Overall Championship results will be posted there also in the next few days, but it was Bennett, Tiley and Gleason.

Also, Jeff Loewe has his photos of the event posted on his site at http://www.jlofoto.net There are some from Friday's PDX that also contain the T&T that evening, and a separate album for Saturday and Sunday.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: