Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2010 Preliminary Schedule

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 2010 Preliminary Schedule
Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

GLD Club Race Schedule from today's Roundtable meeting. Everything is still subject to change, but this is what it looks like right now. Also, I could have written something down incorrectly. Note that events listed on a certain weekend, may or may not occur during all the listed dates for that weekend.

Nationals

May 21-23 OVR @ Mid-Ohio
May 29-31 WMR/FTW Double @ Grattan
July 3-5 NEO/DET Double @ Nelson Ledges
July 10-11 SBR @ Gingerman
Aug 7-8 Indy @ Blue Grass

Regionals

May 1-2 Indy Double @ Blue Grass
May 21-23 OVR Restricted @ Mid-Ohio
Jun 12-13 NEO Double @ Nelson Ledges
Jul 10-11 SBR Restricted @ Gingerman
July 31-1 Cincy Double Restricted @ Mid-Ohio
Aug 7-8 Indy Restricted @ Blue Grass
Aug 14-15 WMR Double @ Grattan
Aug 21-22 NEO Double @ Nelson Ledges
Sep 3-5 OVR Double @ Mid-Ohio
Oct 2-3 Indy Single @ Blue Grass
Oct 8-10 OVR Double @ Mid-Ohio
Oct 15-17 WOR Double @ Mid-Ohio

Driver Schools

May 8-9 GLD Double @ Nelson Ledges
Oct 2-3 Indy Double @ Blue Grass

PDX

May 21-23 OVR @ Mid-Ohio ????
Jul 30 Cincy @ Mid-Ohio
Sep 3-5 OVR @ Mid-Ohio
Oct 8-10 OVR @ Mid-Ohio
Oct 15-17 WOR @ Mid-Ohio

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Were is Blue Grass?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bluegrass is in Sparta Kentucky

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pat,

Blue Grass Motorsports Park is being built near I-71 in Sparta, KY. It's accessable from the exit prior to the Kentucky Speedway. There is a lot of rumor and speculation on the availability of this site, but I won't add to it since I am not in the loop. If regions are scheduling events at Blue Grass in 2010, I have to believe they know more than me.

Jerry

--------------------

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats what I thought. I took a drive down there and although it is a nice layout, it is sitting idle and has been for sometime, with the final layer of asphalt still needed, no curbs, etc.

I hope it will be ready but I personally would not make plans for it based on what I saw.

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Definition of an optimist: Someone who schedules Bluegrass (in May???) for 2010.

Glad to see the WOR Games return to Mid-O.

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This may be a dumb question but are all of the Regionals part of the GL Regional Championship.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

DB,
For 2010 ALL regionals including restricted regional races will count towards the champ series. Now before you ask the rules will not be done until sometime in March or early April. We will try this for a year and then go from there. Tires will be open as per 2009.

db

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jerry:
Thanks for the listing. I noticed that the 10/2 Indy Blue Grass event is listed as a single in the upper part of your post, and as a double regional in the driver's school list. Which is correct?
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rick,
Thats a double school and single regional event.
db

Rick,

What Dave said.

Jerry

--------------------

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Dave !

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to both of you!

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Just as an update, the Official (as of December 10th) GLD Schedule is posted on the GLD website at http://www.greatlakes-scca.org

It looks like everything stayed as I listed in Mid-November, with the exception of the elimination of two PDX dates of May 21-23 and October 8-10.

Also, all of the regional events, even the restricted regionals, have signed on as part of the GLD Regional Championship Series.

Jerry

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sweet - Thanks Jerry. October is looking like 'Racetober'.

But do you really think Bluegrass will be open in 2010?

Denny,

The official GLD schedule has been presented. I've attempted for a long time to not speculate on the future of Blue Grass. I hope it finds a way to existance, and will support it in any way I can. They have to start making progress if the track is to be available in May though.

Jerry

--------------------

Yep, it would great to have another track ~ 2 hours from my home. Looks like a neat track, but the news I've seen has not been encouraging for 2010.

Denny

There was quite a bit of rumor and not a lot of fact floating around about the fate/future of Bluegrass at the 2010 SCCA National Convention this past week. I did hear that the first event on their schedule has been axed although not a surprise I can't say it 100% official until the division tells me to pull it from the schedule. Word is the track is still as it was last year with a base coat of pavement and not a finish coat yet. Again lots of rumor and very little fact.

db

The May 1-2, 2010 Regional Event (Indy Region) has been removed from the GLD schedule. All other GLD events scheduled for BG remain on the schedule.

Jerry

--------------------

More hearsay, but posted on the astronauts website:

"the track has fallen into the earth in areas.

Nothing has been done at the track development wise since fall of '08...

Someone will probably buy it and turn it into a condominium community"

Bummer

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Still open tire for the Champs series, right? Planning to buy more Hoosiers.

Hoping to take my first trip to Nelson Ledges. Is the track worth the trip?

Hoping to hit these.
5/22 Mid O
6/13 Nelson Ledges
7/10 Gingerman
8/15 Grattan
9/4 Mid O
10/9 Mid O

Keith, Mid-Ohio it ain't but I still love 'Ledgistan'. Rustic, bumpy, one of the fastest 2 miles in the country. Some folks HATE it. Race there many times and still get a whooo everytime through the kink. Circumstances prevented me from going last year - it's on my schedule for this year. -Denny

(tire question - see above)

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith, they've done a lot of improvements in the last few years. Like Denny said it's either a love it or hate it track. But I find a lot that hate it haven't been there in a long time to see how much better it is. Very fast and while the track is not very wide if you know who's beside you it's two wide all the way around.
The best part is they are very layed back there, lots of fun.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Brian Ghidinelli Verified Driver
Moonwalker

Region: SFR
Car #: 12
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brian Ghidinelli   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you want to know the true status of Bluegrass, call the county and get the status of their permits. See if that lines up with what the track has been telling people.

Most racetracks make money for the second or third (or fourth...) owner.

Brian, has many customers whose events have been cancelled at Bluegrass

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I started racing at Waterford Hills. If you've raced there, then you know what a narrow track is. Everything seems like a super speedway to me.

I watched a video of SM at Nelson Ledges. Looks like an interesting track. I tend to do well at technical tracks where corner speed is rewarded. I haven't spent anything on motor tuning - bought a crate more and dropped it in - so I'm down on power to other in this class.

I can't decide whether Nelson rewards corner speed or straight speed. Looks like somewhere in the middle?

Jim Feniello Verified Driver

Region: North East - Steel Cities
Car #: 75
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jim Feniello   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by soupy:
Keith, they've done a lot of improvements in the last few years. Like Denny said it's either a love it or hate it track. But I find a lot that hate it haven't been there in a long time to see how much better it is. Very fast and while the track is not very wide if you know who's beside you it's two wide all the way around.
The best part is they are very layed back there, lots of fun.

They made track improvements last year, they circled all the potholes with orange paint. [tipsy]

Like Charlie said, it's a fun, fast, and laid back track.

Keith,

GLD Regional Championship Series Rules will not be finalized until this coming weekend at the Spring Training in Toledo. But the concensus appears to be for GLD to remain Open Tire.

Jerry

--------------------

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Keith, Nelson is mostly corner speed.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: