Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2010 I.T.Spec*tacular July 31-Aug 1 (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: 2010 I.T.Spec*tacular July 31-Aug 1
Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi everyone,

Don't forget to circle your calendars for the 2010 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular at Mid Ohio July 31-Aug 1st. Same format as last year with PDX on Friday and and evening Test&Tune. This year we are back to the Club course for the entire weekend.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincy Race Chair

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Again this year we will be inviting SM and SSM classes. I expect that we will have our own race session.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can we have a separate class for 1.6 cars? (sorry, couldn't stop myself)

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yea, at the back of the pack [thumbsup]

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Tefkatt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
Can we have a separate class for 1.6 cars? (sorry, couldn't stop myself)

Would there be enough interest to do just that? Officially everybody would still be SM but we could keep track of the 1.6 liter cars and award a 1.8 and 1.6 liter trophy.

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

So a 1.8 liter trophy would hold more beer. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sweet....it could be just like little league where everyone goes home with a trophy! Personally, I think there should just be separate class for any car that shows up with a #11 on it.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A pink car class??We hope to be there.Had a lot of fun in the past at this event.

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by 38BFAST:
So a 1.8 liter trophy would hold more beer. [Big Grin]

Hmmm...I never thought of it that way. Could be bad to award it on Sunday night unless you have a designated driver. [Wink]

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Region: Mid-South
Car #: 54
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can we start a petition to start on the back straight? Starts on the front straight are IMO - STUPID...

MZ

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by Z-MAN:
Can we start a petition to start on the back straight? Starts on the front straight are IMO - STUPID...

MZ

I'm still nudging that one along. Most likely it will happen next year.

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've started in both places at Mid Ohio and both can be daunting. The issue with the back straight starts is that T7 gets pretty crowded with a big field and the entry speed is higher that with front straight starts at T1. That extra speed can result in even more costly carnage if things go wrong at the first turn. I'm okay with either start location however.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Tefkatt

My challenge is to find dual licensed starters/F&C to start the races and then turn into flaggers for the rest of the race since any restarts and finish are on the pit straight. I have one and another is getting his license this year. So next year I will have two!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rick is correct, the back straight start has as much potential for a lap 1 cluster-fooey as the pit straight, 2007 NASA Champs come to mind. Either location is fine with me too.

-D

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

MZ

WheeHoo!!! That would give me a chance to see the Green Flag fly (as I come through Turn 1).

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Z-MAN Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Z-MAN     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well I can tell you from my one and maybe only visit to MO is that it doesn't take you getting to T1 to get your car totaled - all it really takes is a guy in an ITA car with a piss poor qualifying time to come charging through the field and clip you in the left rear qtr panel...

I can also tell you that it doesn't matter how fast you get on the brakes if someone hits you in the left rear qtr panel while your on the gas for the green flag you are most likely going to hit the wall...

MZ

Tefkatt

quote:
Well I can tell you from my one and maybe only visit to MO is that it doesn't take you getting to T1 to get your car totaled - all it really takes is a guy in an ITA car with a piss poor qualifying time to come charging through the field and clip you in the left rear qtr panel...

I can also tell you that it doesn't matter how fast you get on the brakes if someone hits you in the left rear qtr panel while your on the gas for the green flag you are most likely going to hit the wall...

MZ

Well I hope you reconsider coming. Only SM and SSM in the race group. Unless of course you decide to dabble in the ITA/IT7/ITC race group also.

Z-MAN Verified Driver

All Miata's sounds great... Actually I am considering it (hopefully with better results) - my family lives close by and have never seen me race - last year they were there but I didn't make one lap.

Since then both my sister and father have been diagnosed with cancer and they want me to try again - July seams like a good time to race in Ohio - much better then in my own division, Hallett in July - it'll be over a 100 the whole time - done that - way to hot for an old man...

MZ

Tefkatt

quote:
All Miata's sounds great... Actually I am considering it (hopefully with better results) - my family lives close by and have never seen me race - last year they were there but I didn't make one lap.

Since then both my sister and father have been diagnosed with cancer and they want me to try again - July seams like a good time to race in Ohio - much better then in my own division, Hallett in July - it'll be over a 100 the whole time - done that - way to hot for an old man...

MZ

It can get kinda toasty in Ohio that time of the year also. We really have been blessed with cool weather for the past two years running.

Tefkatt

I thought I'd Update everyone on the prices for the weekend. Entry for 1 driver, 2 days went up $10 and I had to raise the garages up $10. Its the best I could do since all the prices went up at Mid Ohio. But on the bright side we did add the double dip feature for those of you who want to try out a second class and we are an official GLDivision Champ Series event.

July 30th PDX
Member................$210
Non-Member............$225
Instructor Driving....$50
Evening Test and Tune.$150

Race Weekend
Garages
1 door....$60
2 door....$120

Race Entry
1 driver, 2 days...$335
Run a second class.$125 example SM/ITA
1 driver,1 day.....$275
2 days, 2 drivers, 1 car....$375

Registration should be open 5/28/2010

Best Regards,

Todd

Todd, Thank you for keeping the cost of sharing a car reasonable! That is a BIG determinant in my participation.

Great event!

-Denny

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

I've got some great news! And No this is not an April Fools joke.

I'm excited to announce for the first time in the History of SCCA regional races at Mid Ohio we will be starting all races on from the pro starter stand on the back straight! That means you will have three opportunities to dive into turn seven with the pack while gritting your teeth. [Big Grin]

The start stand will be just that. Start only. All other important information, restarts and finish will be done at the Main Stand on the pit straight. The pace car will peel off into the pits and the pole sitting car will be responsible for pacing the field around to the pro start. The first lap starts once you cross the transponder loop on the pit straight without the pace car so your first lap is going to be a bit long. The first lap is complete once you hit the loop again.

Race Groups

1 SM, SSM
2 ITB, ITS, ITR
3 SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL
4 ITA, IT7, ITC
5 FF, CFF, FC, CFC, FE, FM
6 ITE, AS, STO, STU

Registration should be open on motorsportsreg around the end of May. [thumbsup]

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA

Tefkatt

Good News! The Mid Ohio twilight Test and Tune will be doing at least one practice start per run group. This will give those who haven't started at the pro start stand a chance to see how it works before the real thing.

Also the I.T.SPEC*tacular web page is up at http://www.cincyscca.com I'll be building on it over the next few weeks. So check it out.

Todd

Tefkatt

I.T.SPEC*tacular Update!

Tire vendors this year will be

Hoosier Midwest: Contact tgilvin@comcast.com for pre-order.

Goodyear Tire: Competition West. Contact Mike Knox, MikeKnox@Competitiontire.com

Be sure to check out the I.T.SPEC*tacular info in the June issue of Grassroots Magazine. Thanks again to Scott Lear for all the support.

Race planning is ahead of schedule this year so we will be opening up on-line registration on the 18th of May. I know a lot of drivers are involved with various races around Memorial day so just a reminder that you can register on-line without paying immediately. If you do plan on getting a garage I would not hesitate to get your order in early.

Best Regards,

Todd

Todd, Any Hoosier contingency this year? -Denny

Tefkatt

Denny. No there is not. We are working out a plan to replace the contingency with something else. I'll keep you informed.

Todd

Tefkatt

With 2 months to go we're off to a great start with 22 entries. 3 of those in SM. [thumbsup]

Tefkatt

News update! 40 entires, 7 in SM. Garages are still available!

And as an added bonus this year the Cincinnati region will be raffling off free entries to the 2011 (5th edition) of the I.T.SPEC*tacular. Everyone registered has a 1 in 25 chance of winning. [Smile]

Todd

Tefkatt

Make that +10 in SM!

Todd, Club course or pro course? I couldn't find that in the info. Thanks -Denny

Tefkatt

Denny,

That would be club course.

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tefkatt:
Make that +10 in SM!

+11 [Smile]

Always one of my favorite events, especially since the workers obviously put in a ton of extra effort to make the event fun and driver-friendly.

Plus, I like trying to figure out Tiley's in-car hand signals ... it appears he uses the same signal for "Woo-hoo!", "Hit me!", "Get the #$@@% away from me" and "Hey, I think your car's on fire!".

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Fender:
Plus, I like trying to figure out Tiley's in-car hand signals ... it appears he uses the same signal for "Woo-hoo!", "Hit me!", "Get the #$@@% away from me" and "Hey, I think your car's on fire!".

Sadly, I won't get the opportunity this year show you the new hand signal I've been working on. Sold the old ride and haven't finished the new one yet. Jason Owenby's been kind enough front me his rocketship for all of the CCPS points races this season, but I'm not sure that his car will even fire in Yankee Territory.

We'll see ya next year!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dan,

You should borrow Berchin's car for that weekend. He just put a new blade on it which provides a nice clean mow.

quote:
Originally posted by D.B. Cutler:
Dan,

You should borrow Berchin's car for that weekend. He just put a new blade on it which provides a nice clean mow.

Hahahahaha... We need to get Berchin to post his "Redux" video for all to enjoy.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

quote:
but I'm not sure that his car will even fire in Yankee Territory
Just run some white lightnin' in the tank. I'm told it passes all tests with no toxic fumes.

quote:
quote:
Just run some white lightnin' in the tank. I'm told it passes all tests with no toxic fumes.
Won't work... I hear the White Lightnin' in Ohio has 10% ethanol in it. Cheap B'tards!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Tiley:
quote:
quote:
Won't work... I hear the White Lightnin' in Ohio has 10% ethanol in it. Cheap B'tards!
Dan:
We'll miss you, but can you just send AJ up with her mom? [Big Grin]
They're the ones we really want to see! [Smash]
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

quote:
Originally posted by Qik Nip:
Dan:
We'll miss you, but can you just send AJ up with her mom? [Big Grin]
They're the ones we really want to see! [Smash]
Rick

So you're suggesting that I just send the good looking Tileys? Figures... [tipsy]

--------------------
Dan Tiley

CTB27 Verified Driver

Car #: 27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CTB27     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did someone say Redux? (Rated R for language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5YkDkp8rk

--------------------
CTB

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by CTB27:
Did someone say Redux? (Rated R for language)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY5YkDkp8rk

I thought I was the only one that drove like that at Mid Ohio [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]
F$#ktard certainly sums up my approach tho.

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

LOL !!! I love that one !!!!

That's not Ms. B. Tiley imparting the sage advise is it. She seems so demure.

Dwayne Hoover Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dwayne Hoover     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Tiley:
quote:
quote:
Two words: Corn Lobby

--------------------
Visit the Midland City Arts Festival!

Ain't it all 'corn squeezins'?

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Fender:
Two words: Corn Lobby

I think he's right...

http://www.theonion.com/articles/corn-lobby-tightens-the-screws,5145/

--------------------
Dan Tiley

quote:
That's not Ms. B. Tiley imparting the sage advise is it. She seems so demure.

And yes Denny... it was the dainty Ms. Becky Tiley cussing like a drunken sailor before CTB's race. She was hoping the shock factor would straighten him out. Didn't work.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

CTB27 Verified Driver

Car #: 27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CTB27     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

In Becky's defense, she was quoting terminology I had used before. After a particularly crappy qualifying session, she asked me how it went. My reply was, "I drove like a f-tard!" As I recall, she thought the term was hilarious. [Smile]
Thus, the sage advice that was given prior to the race that day. And my own internal joy knowing that my camera was running and that I had just captured a guaranteed sound bite. [Big Grin]

--------------------
CTB

Tefkatt

Just 4 weeks to the 4th edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular to go! If your planning on attending now is the time to show your hand and enter. We still have a few garages available so go to http://www.motorsportsreg.com and register [Big Grin]

Todd,
Can you tell me about the Fri. pm T&T. I see that there will be practice starts - will the sessions be open passing? Thanks -Denny

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: