Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » WMR/FWR Grattan Double National (5/29-5/31)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: WMR/FWR Grattan Double National (5/29-5/31)
Dayle Frame

Region: WMR
Car #: 80
Year : 1962
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dayle Frame   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Well folks, it's been a long time in coming but we are finally able to accept online entries for the WMR/FWR Cheap Points Double National to be held at Grattan Raceway from 5/29 to 5/31. As your entry form creator, I've put us in Group 4 so we'll be done before lunch on Monday. And we don't run with SRFs.

We invite all of our CenDiv and MidDiv friends to come on over and play. We're only 180 miles from the IL/IN border. After looking at your schedules, our event fits in nicely. If you haven't raced here before, you will be in for a treat. WMR is known for treating drivers and workers very well and this event will be no exception. This is a fabulous track (half of it has been repaved) and we'll have the great Grattan dinners on both Saturday and Sunday nights. There will be a track sponsored test day on Friday (5/28).

Register online at wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com. We're trying to make this as inexpensive as possible and holdingh down costs where we can. Our entry fee for both races is only $450. So, please, either mail a check to the registrar or use PayPal (if you can) to help keep our costs down.

Contact me (frameh at msu dot edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Thank you for your time,
Dayle Frame

Speedycrw Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Great Lakes
Car #: 55
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speedycrw     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looking forward to the weekend, I'll register as soon as my comp license is renewed!

Dayle Frame

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dayle Frame   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris is in.....anyone else? Only one SM so far? C'mon.....man up, go over to wmr-scca.motorsportreg.com, log in and sign up. With half of the track newly paved, track records will fall. It could be you.

Contact me (frameh at msu dot edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Dayle

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What has been paved Dale?

Pat Slattery

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Dayle Frame

All of the front stretch and through to T4. I was out there a couple of weeks ago helping to install the new T&S loop and its smoooooth. Even in T1 where the washboard and that big dip were....GONE!

A quick FYI....our cancellation policy allows you to enter the WMR/FWR Cheap Points Double National and, if necessary, cancel your entry [U]without[/U] penalty up to 5/25 (the Tuesday [U]after[/U] MidOhio's race). So if you want to come to Grattan, please enter. If (God forbid) something bad happens at MidO, then withdraw and there will be no cancellation fee. The last thing our registrars want is to process a huge number of entries a few days before the race. I should know....I'm married to one of them. Our online registration closes on 5/25 (11:59PM EST) and there is a $25 late fee for having the registrar do an entry manually.

Dayle

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When you redo the back section of the track, are they going to make the jump bigger? Big smile!

Dayle Frame

Wouldn't bother me....or an SM....but those formula guys might not care for it. I think the F5's usually get all four off there. Very scary.

I spoke with the owners a couple of weeks ago and the plan is to pave the back next year.

We have 11 SM's entered folks. Good but not great. Its a DOUBLE AT GRATTAN....you know you want to.....

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in. Looking forward to racing at Grattan again ! Time to brush off the rust...

Dayle Frame

OK, the MidO and RA events are over. Registration is open until wednesday at 11:59 ET. As of this writing, there are only 14 SM cars entered. The forecast says 70 and sunny friday, saturday and sunday with a chance of rain on monday. Lets go folks!

Contact me (frameh@msu.edu / 517.889.1100) if you have any questions.

Dayle

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: