Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » Columbus Ohio area, need Diff

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Columbus Ohio area, need Diff
sirois737 Verified Driver

Region: OVR
Car #: 37
SMIM: n/a
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sirois737   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm in the Columbus OH area and have a 91 SM with an open diff that I have to replace. I'm somewhat new to the area and would like any local feedback on sources close by. I'm on a very tight budget so a Mazda comp or Torsen is out.

--------------------
Den

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Den,give Jim Drago a call at East street he can ship on to you if he has one.Go to the classified section,you can find his info there.He has a couple cars for sale!

You can also call Planet Miata for one!

Both places will ship them to you,and there both reasonable on there prices.

Hope this helps!

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

cintibob

Region: cfr
Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cintibob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ditto, got mine from Drago still going strong in fla. You can check a yard in town they will do a search or check google and do a yard search but got mine pretty fast from Jim. I change the oil in the diff. after every race weekend since they do not hold much fluid and I overfill it. Cheap insurance with mobil 1 syn. I used to live in col. years ago is the tahiki Rest. still on Broad st open it was a Polynesian restaurant with some mean drinks.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Kahiki restaurant bit the dust about 2000. Damn shame, Columbus bulldozes all of it's history.

+1 on East Street
+1 Planet-Miata

cintibob

Region: cfr
Car #: 13
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for cintibob     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yeah, Kahiki, my uncle was the purchasing agent for the place in the 70's I sure did love the multi layer rum drinks there.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dennis I have a spare open rear at my place. Your welcome to it.

db

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: