Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » Mid Ohio - Sept 3 - 5 Roll Call (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Author Topic: Mid Ohio - Sept 3 - 5 Roll Call
D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yep, you're right. That's why I'm so confused. I don't even remember getting that close to anyone !

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Detroit
Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You sure that's not black paint on your bumper from when you hit me on grid? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Jeff Thompson
SM #16 - Detroit Region
Great Lake Division

Terry Whitlock Verified Driver

Region: BUCCANEER
Car #: 23 SSM, 36 SM
Year : 1992, 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Terry Whitlock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Anyone aware of where the full results might be posted? So far they are not on MyLaps or the OVR web site.

--------------------
Terry Whitlock

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When they're damn good and ready to. [Big Grin]

(edit) I guess they were ready - posted on mylaps.

(double secret edit) Grrrrrrrrrrr. [Mad] and of course they're WRONG. I didn't get my lap back due to my OCE. T&S fixed it at the track - what gives?

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by JST #16:
You sure that's not black paint on your bumper from when you hit me on grid? [Big Grin]

Cutler's car has been painted so many times it's probably just his own paint peeling off revealing the rainbow of former colors underneath... kinda like a Gobstopper.

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The timing lights were in place on Friday when I did the course check for the PDX, so I assume they were for Sat & Sun. Were they functional?; I don't know.

Just to further clarify so all know, I believe the loop does extend across the Pit Lane so you will get scored if you are going through the Pits. Am I correct DD?

Also, since we had so many flipping SM's; you probably will not trigger the loop if you go across it inverted.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There is a pit loop at MidO. Timing lights - if two cars cross the lights at the same time only one car will get hit, if someone knowcked down one of the lights or went behind the one on the control tower side of the track then there is no hit. AMB can handle as many cars as you have crossing the loop at the same time as long as they have transponders, the size of the field doesn't matter. 84 SRFs crossing loop for the first time and every lap at the 2009 Sprints and all got hits every time.
Results on Mylaps - Someone in T&S needs to go into the AMB file to adjust for corrections and penalties before it is uploaded to AMB to show the correct finish. Evidently this was not the case.

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Con, if you hadn't moved away this wouldn't have happened. [Big Grin] I really don't care that much, it's just weird to get beat by a car that was on it's roof for the last lap.

I blame Hamilton - if he would have just flipped off-course when he got run into, the track wouldn't have been blocked.

-Denny

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I had help, but I tried really hard to hit the inside wall. That plan went south and instead I crossed into oncoming traffic in front of 15 crazy Miata drivers. Stalled right at track out.

Which is worse, wall or parking in front of 15 Miatas?

Page 2 of 2 1  2 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: