Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular
Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hi everyone,

The official paperwork has been sent to Mid Ohio requesting Aug 8th-10th 2008 for the I.T.SPEC*tacular. I'll let you know when I have official confirmation from Mid-O.

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chairman [Smile]

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This was a great event in 2007. I look forward to making the trip up from NC again this year! Thanks Todd!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Excellent !!

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 6 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd (Tefkatt) and I just returned from the ARRC at Road Atlanta. We went to work F&C, but to also see how they put on their event. A lot of great racing went on (see other threads), but we also got a lot of great input to consider for the I.T.SPEC*tacular for 2008.

While the dates for the Cincy event of August 8-10 are still shown as tennative on the GLD schedule, this is because Mid-Ohio will not firm up dates until sometime later (hopefully by the end of November). This is the same for all the SCCA events at Mid-Ohio.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The 2007 I.T.Spec*tacular was indeed spectacular. It was well run, fast, clean and conducted with very few hassles and maximum enjoyment.

If you've wanted to run Mid Ohio and need a good excuse to make the haul, this is the event to do it for.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

willy_1959 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee+Midwest council madison club
Car #: 36
Year : 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for willy_1959   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I Would second Rick's comment.

It was worth the tow for us, and most likely will return!

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - Miata Parts

CTB27 Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 27
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CTB27     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd, this is good to hear. I will happily return to this event next year!

--------------------
CTB

Tefkatt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

SSM is invited to the 2008 event. So if you know anybody that runs SSM spread the word.

Todd C.
Cincinnati Race Chairman

Chris Windsor Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
windsorcustoms.com

Region: WDCR,
Car #: 38
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Windsor   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yipee, I'm glad to hear SSM is included in the festivities

Thanks for getting it done Todd.

--------------------
2011 Season schedule coming soon
Support, sales, repair or rental
windsorcustoms.com

Jon Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
..driver for hire..

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
SMIM: racerJRP
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

NOICE! I may know a few ppl... [Wink]

--------------------
SSM #87 MARRS
--2007 ARRC SSM Champion--

Windsorcustoms.com

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

Mid Ohio has approved our request for Aug 8th-10th, 2008 for the I.T.SPEC*tacular. Just 234 days to go [Smile]

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

Just to update everyone on how things are going. It looks for certain that we will have 6 race groups this year with each group getting 2 hours of track time.

PDX on August 8th

Race weekend August 9th-10th

Saturday 20 min qualifying in the morning
40 min / 22 lap race in the afternoon

Sunday 20 min/ 12 lap qualifying race
40 min/ 22 lap afternoon race

The format will be unchanged with each race building on the next through points awarded. Overall trophies will be awarded for the top 5 in each class and individual medals for the top three in the two afternoon races.

I'll let you know when things are finalized.

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Race Chairman

Tefkatt

Hi everyone heres an update on race groups and run order.

Group1.....ITB, ITS

Group2.....SRF

Group3.....ITA,ITC,IT7

Group4.....ITE,ITR,TCC,AS

Group5.....SM,SSM

Group6.....FF,CFF,CFC,FC

Stay tuned for more information and keep and eye on http://www.cincyscca.com for updates.

Todd

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

The 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular web site is up and running at http://www.cincyscca.com

We already have a few racing videos from last years event online. If anyone has other links we can add let me know.

BTW, Eric and Blake nice Video's

Also we will be repeating the Driver Bio page again this year. if you have info you would like to put online with a link to your Sponsor, business, or personal page let me know that too.

We started the Bio page last year as entries started coming in. Do we want to do it more as an intent to run and start it earlier this year?

Todd

Tefkatt

I'm putting a "intending on running the I.T.SPEC*tacular" Bio page together for the cincy web page. If your interested on being on the list let me know.

Todd

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

The driver BIO page is up and running under the Entry List banner at http://www.cincyscca.com The webmaster should have everyone who has sent BIO info in so far up by tonight.

Todd

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

OPM Autosports will be back! Bringing SM and ITA. Great event last year and we will bring more cars this year than last. Looking forward to it.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
OPM Autosports will be back! Bringing SM and ITA. Great event last year and we will bring more cars this year than last. Looking forward to it.

Tom,

Glad to hear it! Flatout Motorsports is bringing a bunch too.

Blake Thompson Verified Driver
Now The Fastest "Blake" in Spec Miata

Region: Central
Car #: 97
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Thompson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mid Ohio deserves an ass-beating from me this year.

--------------------
http://btdtracing.com - YOUR Miata Parts Pimp

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by thefirebuilds:
Mid Ohio deserves an ass-beating from me this year.

And I hope you can do just that. [thumbsup]

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

Because of a high demand for the PDX this year we have opted to approach Mid Ohio about hosting an evening test session to be held from 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. on Friday evening August 8th. The entry fee will be $195 per entry with an optimal number of cars per group at 25 cars. Steve expressed that the higher the car count the lower the entry. We are shooting for three groups. Open wheel, Fast closed wheel ( ITS, ITR, ITE, AS, TCC) and a slow closed wheel ( ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, SM, SSM, SRF)
Each group will be guaranteed Three 20 minute sessions with the possibility of a fourth session per group at no additional charge ( sunlight permitting) I think sunset is around 8:37 pm so we may be able to get a short session in for all groups. This is the same price as the PDX but without the restrictions of limited passing and there will be two Pro instructors on hand for those who need extra help. I'll keep you informed when Mid Ohio has a link to sign up.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

Hoosier has decided to climb on board with contingencies!

On the Corporate level
1st place overall per class 2 Hoosier tires
2nd place overall per class 1 Hoosier tire

Hoosier Midwest-Plymouth

Anyone pre-ordering or buying Hoosier tires at the track from ( HMW-P) will have their name placed in a drawing. One lucky winner per day will receive a Hoosier Tire.

Todd

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd, Todd, Todd,

How many times do I have to tell you to check your facts. [Big Grin]

Hoosier Racing Tire is offering the following Contingency Program for the IT/SPEC*tacular.

4 Hoosier Tires for 1st Place Overall
2 Hoosier Tires for 2nd Place Overall

in each of 15 classes. You can register in advance at

https://www.hoosiertire.com/sccareg_db.asp.

Hoosier Tire Midwest - Plymouth will be providing trackside Hoosier support and will be holding a drawing for a free Hoosier tire each day from thier customer's entries.

More information on these will be available soon on the website at IT/SPEC*tacular

Jerry

--------------------

Tefkatt

Here's the official announcement from Hoosier

IT-SPEC*tacular CONTINGENCY PROGRAM
AWARDS & GUIDELINES

Hoosier Racing Tire is proud to provide contingency tires for the IT-SPEC*tacular race held in August at Mid-Ohio. Please mail or fax redemption form to Tim Gilvin at Hoosier Tire to claim awarded tires. Competitors are responsible for freight charges. Please include credit card number on redemption form.
AWARDS:
FIRST PLACE OVERALL FOUR (4) TIRES
(Minimum 3 cars in class)
SECOND PLACE OVERALL TWO (2) TIRES
(Minimum 5 cars in class)

REQUIREMENTS:
Hoosier Tires must be used on all four corners with decals visible on both sides and front of the vehicle. Drivers must qualify and race on Hoosier Tires. Drivers must wear a Hoosier Tire uniform patch, neckband and hat on podium and pose for photos. Decals and patches can be requested by calling or emailing Hoosier Racing Tire, and will be available at the track.
Classes posted for the Hoosier Racing Tire Contingency Program are as follows; ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITR, ITS, IT7, TCC, SM, SSM, AS, FF, CFF, CFC, FC
Any questions feel free to e-mail Tim Gilvin or visit the IT-SPEC*tacular website at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/2008_ITSPEC.htm
Hoosier Racing Tire
Attn: Tim Gilvin
65465 US 31
Lakeville, IN 46536
Phone: 1-574-784-3152
Fax: 1-574-784-2385

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would sign up for that. I did the PDX last year just to get the extra track time. An evening test session would be great.

quote:
Originally posted by Tefkatt:
Hi everyone,

Because of a high demand for the PDX this year we have opted to approach Mid Ohio about hosting an evening test session to be held from 5 p.m. till 8 p.m. on Friday evening August 8th. The entry fee will be $195 per entry with an optimal number of cars per group at 25 cars. Steve expressed that the higher the car count the lower the entry. We are shooting for three groups. Open wheel, Fast closed wheel ( ITS, ITR, ITE, AS, TCC) and a slow closed wheel ( ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7, SM, SSM, SRF)
Each group will be guaranteed Three 20 minute sessions with the possibility of a fourth session per group at no additional charge ( sunlight permitting) I think sunset is around 8:37 pm so we may be able to get a short session in for all groups. This is the same price as the PDX but without the restrictions of limited passing and there will be two Pro instructors on hand for those who need extra help. I'll keep you informed when Mid Ohio has a link to sign up.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley

Tefkatt

I may have confused some people with an e-mail I sent out to the SSM folks.

The group I was quoting in the e-mail was for the evening test session. The run groups for the weekend are as follows.

Group 1....ITB, ITS
Group 2....SRF
Group 3....ITA, IT7, ITC
Group 4....SM, SSM
Group 5....ITE,ITR, AS, TCC
Group 6....FC,CFC, FF, CFF

Sorry again for any confusion.

Todd

Tefkatt

The Mid-Ohio School
Cincinnati Region SCCA
Open Testing and Tuning August 8th
Registration & Tech Inspection
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Driver's Meeting 4:30p.m.- 4:45 p.m.
On Track Sessions begin 4:45 p.m.- Dusk

Group #1- Open wheel: Formula Ford, Club Formula Ford, Formula Continental and Club Formula Continental

Group #2- Closed Wheel group: American Sedan, Touring Corvette Challenge, Improved Touring R & E (ITS)

Group #3- Closed Wheel group: Spec Racer Ford, Spec Miata, Showroom Stock Miata, Improved Touring A,B,C & 7

Each group will be guaranteed 3 20 minute track sessions. Price is $150. To enroll go to http://www.midohioschool.com or by phone at 614-793-4623

Todd

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

You can start checking http://www.cincyscca.com and http://www.dlbracing.com for the registration and supps The Info. should be up by Sunday 6-8-08. Now I'm off to Colorado for some R & R.

Todd

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Since Todd's out doing his "Family Vacation" thing, I'll fill in for him. The registration form and supps are available at www.cincyscca.com along with a lot of other useful info. The on-line registration is not available on DLB yet, but I'll post as soon as it is available.

This year we are opening the races up to SSM that will run in the 4th group with the SM's. For Mid-Ohio we are limited to putting 60 cars onto the track for each race group, so don't wait too long to get registered.

Jerry

--------------------

Tefkatt

Hi everyone,

We are live on http://www.dlbracing.com and have 16 entries listed from mail already received.

Have a safe weekend,

Todd

Tefkatt

Phil's Tire Service is offering the following special to SSM & SM drivers.

205/50R15 Toyo RA-1 or Toyo R888 SM or SSM special....$155 per tire shaved and installed at the track pre-order special.

This offer is only good for the I.T.SPEC*tacular to be held Aug. 8th-10th at Mid Ohio.

Tefkatt

We reached the 50 entry mark today! 11 SM and 1 SM in group 4.

Tefkatt

To all,

Please note that the special offer on the single door garages is July 15th. The original date was June 25th but was changed when we didn't get online registration up on time.

We only have 4 single door and 6 double doors left. If you are intending on getting a garage do not wait too long.

Tefkatt

The first entry list is posted at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/IT%20SPEC%20Entry%20list.pdf Its the first run so I'm still catching up with everything. I added a twist this year and I hope I got everyones home state right. If I didn't let me know. BTW, we now have 17 SM and 1 SSM entry for Group 4.

Todd

Tefkatt

T-Minus 28 days and here's how we look

82 Entries representing 19 states. Alabama, Connecticut, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia

IT-7....3
ITA....13
ITB.....15
ITC.....6
ITE......1
ITR.....2
ITS.....10

SRF....2
SSM...1
SM.....19
TCC....3
FF.....2
CFF...2
CFC...3

sirois737 Verified Driver

Region: OVR
Car #: 37
SMIM: n/a
Icon 1 posted  Profile for sirois737   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Does this total include mail in entries or is it just the on line ones.

I'm the only SSM so far!

--------------------
Den

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by sirois737:

I'm the only SSM so far!

I feel your pain! But have faith I noticed a Windsor sponsored car in CFF. So Chris and His merry band of SSM's can't be far behind. [thumbsup]

BTW, our registrar puts everything on DLB including mail-ins. She may have some she hasn't put in though. It does take a little desk time to do.

Todd

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by sirois737:

I'm the only SSM so far!

Not anymore now we have Three.

Jon Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
..driver for hire..

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
SMIM: racerJRP
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As bad as I want to come it just isn't in the budget. [Frown]

--------------------
SSM #87 MARRS
--2007 ARRC SSM Champion--

Windsorcustoms.com

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Pressman:
As bad as I want to come it just isn't in the budget. [Frown]

Jon,

Sorry you can't come. We will look forward to seeing you in 2009. Race group 4 is up to 23 SM and 3 SSM.

Todd

Tefkatt

WOW 106 entries and climbing.

CFC...6
CFF...3
FC....1
FF.....2
IT-7...5
ITA....15
ITB....16
ITC....8
ITE.....2
ITR....2
ITS....12
SM.....24
SRF.....4
SSM.....3
TCC.....3

T -22 DAYS

rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I saw in GR Motorsports that SCCA is now excepting NASA license at regional events, how does that work exactly? I have a NASA license, so I can sign up and that's it??

Let me know,

Greg S.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Greg,
You can race in a regional SCCA race, but you must be an SCCA member. So in essence join SCCA and race with your NASA license. You will need an SCCA logbook issued for your car too.

db

Dennis,

We are all still new with this but I thought a "weekend Membership" would be sufficient to satisfy the SCCA membership requirement. I'll have to check into this and post an answer. But the SCCA Logbook (which will include an Annual Inspection) is required.

Jerry

--------------------

rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Tech can do the annual at the track, correct?

I may or may not have my old SCCA log book.

Greg

Greg,

Tech can do an annual at the track, however, I always recommend trying to get it done before an event. Especially if you have not run in SCCA previously, or for some time. Rule differences and "new" rules can bite you. I'm not aware of any significant differences in SM, but others might want to chime in here.

I also went back to the announcement that NASA licenses would be accepted, and it does specify regional races, and you must be an SCCA member (includes Individual, Family, FirstGear, and Weekend memberships). While I strongly encourage the full SCCA membership, a Weekend Membership will be acceptable and available at Registration for $15.

Jerry

--------------------

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by rx7driver:
Tech can do the annual at the track, correct?

I may or may not have my old SCCA log book.

Greg

Greg:
What Jerry said. I run both saction groups and have never encountered any annual tech issue with respect to the compatibility of NASA tech to SCCA. (The other way around could be problematic since NASA requires the right side net and the hans.)
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Rick,

Does NASA require two door bars on both sides?

Jerry

--------------------

Tefkatt

The new entry list is up at http://www.cincyscca.com It is already obsolete since it has 110 entries listed and two more entered while it was being put online.

Todd

Tefkatt

We have our first entry from California. And it isn't Rick Maki. 126 entries. Race group 4.....33 SM, 3 SSM

Todd

Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: