Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular (Page 2)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Author Topic: 2008 I.T.SPEC*tacular
Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

T -15 days to go. Group 4...35 SM, 3 SSM

Only 22 slots left in the race group.

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
Rick,

Does NASA require two door bars on both sides?

Jerry

Jerry:
Sorry to be so slow, but I don't know. I of course have two bars on both sides. I can check the CCR if you still need to know.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like a 32+ car SM field!!
Rick

--------------------

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

2008 NASA CCR
15.6.12 Door Bars / Side Impact Protection
At least one (1) door bar on driver side and one (1) on the passenger side must be used. At least two (2) door bars on the driver side and one (1) door bar on the passenger side must be installed in all vehicles that obtain a new logbook after January 1st, 2007.

All vehicles, regardless of date of manufacture or date of logbook issuance will be required to have at least two (2) door bars on the driver side and one (1) door bar on the passenger side starting January 1st, 2011.

Unless superseded by class rules, modifications to any non-chassis structure (such as door panels, inner door sheet metal, windows, door internals, etc.) may be made to accommodate any allowed door bar configuration. However, removal of material and /or modifications is limited to 1) the least amount to accommodate the door bar(s), and 2)can serve no other function. Holes in the door jam (B-pillar) may be permitted to accommodate door bars; however the structure should not be “notched” so as to weaken it.

Did you still need to know that Jerry? [Big Grin]

Tefkatt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Race group 4 update: 37 SM and 3 SSM

140 entries overall.

Tefkatt

O.K. for those of you that must wait till Aug. to get your entry in. The late entry fee will be waived if you enter and pay electronically( pay pal or credit card) up until August 6th at 8:00 p.m. CST. Snail mail must still be postmarked by July 29th to avoid the late entry fee. You can also still enter and pay at the track but the late entry fee will apply.

Todd

Tefkatt

Race group 4 update: 40 SM and SSM. Wow!

155 entries overall. T -9 days

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
2008 NASA CCR
15.6.12 Door Bars / Side Impact Protection
At least one (1) door bar on driver side and one (1) on the passenger side must be used. At least two (2) door bars on the driver side and one (1) door bar on the passenger side must be installed in all vehicles that obtain a new logbook after January 1st, 2007.

All vehicles, regardless of date of manufacture or date of logbook issuance will be required to have at least two (2) door bars on the driver side and one (1) door bar on the passenger side starting January 1st, 2011.

Unless superseded by class rules, modifications to any non-chassis structure (such as door panels, inner door sheet metal, windows, door internals, etc.) may be made to accommodate any allowed door bar configuration. However, removal of material and /or modifications is limited to 1) the least amount to accommodate the door bar(s), and 2)can serve no other function. Holes in the door jam (B-pillar) may be permitted to accommodate door bars; however the structure should not be “notched” so as to weaken it.

Did you still need to know that Jerry? [Big Grin]

I was questioning for Greg S's benefit. If he is coming from NASA to an SCCA event, there may be some tech issues like door bars, depending on when the car was raced in SCCA previously. I would recommend a read through the GCR for Greg.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

rx7driver Verified Driver

Region: NASA GL - SCCA Stl Cities
Car #: 32
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have 2 bars on each side. I should be good either way.

Thanks,

Greg

Tefkatt

Remember you can use the online registration until 8:00 pm CST Aug 6th and NOT pay the late entry fee. 157 overall entries

CFC.......6
CFF.......5
FC.........4
FF.........4
IT7........3
ITA.......21
ITB.......16
ITC........9
ITE........5
ITR........5
ITS........19
SM........39
SRF.......12
SSM......3
TCC......6

T -9 days

Icon 1 posted  Profile for rx7driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FYI, over 1/4 of the entries are Miatas. I would think that this shows that if you are willing to give the SMers their own group and decent track time, they will make it worth your while.

The only issue is the stupid compliance fee. What in the world is that for? You only have tech for SM? You are going to pay someone to tear my car down for me? Just wondering.

Greg

--------------------
---------------
Greg Stasiowski
#32 SM

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by rx7driver:
FYI, over 1/4 of the entries are Miatas. I would think that this shows that if you are willing to give the SMers their own group and decent track time, they will make it worth your while.

The only issue is the stupid compliance fee. What in the world is that for? You only have tech for SM? You are going to pay someone to tear my car down for me? Just wondering.

Greg

Greg,

The compliance fee is something new that SCCA National added this year. I guarantee we won't be using to pay hourly employee's to tear your car down. [thumbsup] I'm sure the other guys on the forum can give you a better idea of how SCCA National is using the money to bring parity to the SM fields running in SCCA.

Tefkatt

T -6 days Group 4 42 SM, 3 SSM

171 entries overall.

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 99
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are the fast guys waiting to the last minute to enter ???? [Big Grin]

(the preceding message was brought to you by vodka and full throttle,please pay no attention)

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pink:
Are the fast guys waiting to the last minute to enter ???? [Big Grin]

(the preceding message was brought to you by vodka and full throttle,please pay no attention)

No, I've already entered. [Big Grin]

The preceeding smart-a$$ comment was brought to you by a Friday evening wedding reception.

Back to reality. Currently there are 15 SM/SSM spots available before we reach the max cars-on-track limit at Mid-Ohio. We are still waiting for the SSM crowd from the east to register. Since this is the first SSM event at Mid-Ohio, there will be a Track Record set for SSM this next weekend.

We are also waiting for Ethyl and her friend Ricky to register so they can continue their race from last year.

Cheers,

Jerry

--------------------

Tefkatt

The new entry list update is posted at:
http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/Entry%20list%207-17-08.pdf

The IT/SPEC*tacular races are quickly approaching - Aug 9-10 at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. We currently have drivers from 23 states and Canada registered for the event. There are still spots available in Race Group 4 (SM and SSM). Since no SSM races have been run on the Mid-Ohio Club Course, there will be a new track record set this coming weekend. Two hours of track time with a lot of talent from across the country. No late fee until Wednesday (8/6/08) at 6:00 PM CDST if you register on-line at DLB and pay electronically.

Jerry

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What's up with the yellow highlights on the entry list?

Denny,

As stated on the top of the list, "New Entries Are Highlighted".

Jerry

--------------------

Duh

Tefkatt

With just over 24 hours left for Online registration here is a rundown of class totals

IT7-4
ITA-21
ITB-17
ITC-11
ITE-9
ITR-5
ITS-21

SM-44
SSM-2
TCC-7
CFC-6
CFF-4
FC-4
FF-6
SRF-17

178 TOTAL entries. Can we make 180? [thumbsup]

Tefkatt

O.K. gang,

If you are planning on arriving during a time when the SCCA registration is not open you can still get into the track starting Thursday night at 6 p.m. You need to sign the Mid Ohio waiver and will be issued a blue armband. Now here is the tricky part. I am working to resolve an issue where upon Guest Services is requiring you to leave your Drivers license with them and will be able to retrieve it after you register with SCCA registration. This is a change from last years policy. I am checking to see if they will accept other forms of I.D. since I'm not to comfortable leaving my drivers license lying around with strangers.

I will let you know what the response is.

Todd

Tefkatt

Here is the official response from Mid Ohio.

No problem using some other form of ID… Whatever will work. It just helps your registration people to know who came in and still needs to come and register. I will let our folks know that any form on ID will work…

Are you going to be posting times from the practice sessions?

I see there are no practice sessions, please disregard.

Thanks,

Greg S.

Greg,

No practice sessions, but Mid-Ohio is having a Friday evening Open Test & Tune for us from 4:30 until 8:30. Cost is $150 and you can sign up through the Mid-Ohio Drivers School. When you are registering, it looks like you are signing up for a $400 session until you get close to the end of the registration, and it shows the $150.

Jerry

--------------------

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr. Pink     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can we sign up at the track or online?

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You can go to OPM Autosports.com and enter your c.c. info and we will hook you up.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
You can go to OPM Autosports.com and enter your c.c. info and we will hook you up.

Then you can goto lancesnyderautosports.com, enter your CC info and I'll hook myself up!

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

We are some helpful som-bitches are we not.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Mr. Pink
2006 ARRC winnner

1800 cc or 1.8 [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
We are some helpful som-bitches are we not.

Yer darn tootin we are!

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Tefkatt

Last entry list is posted at http://www.cincyscca.com/2008/Entry%20list%207-17-08.pdf 185 entries going to the track. See you all there.

Todd

Not even I could jinx this one. You Southern folk are about to be treated to some beautiful Ohio weather. Conditions look idea. Can't wait. I'm stoked - STOKED I say.

Mr. P.,

I don't have the concrete answer to your question on the T&T, but see below.

Friday Evening, August 8th – Open Test & Tune
•Three 20-minute sessions for each group
•Three groups (FF, CFF, CFC, FC), (AS, TCC, ITE, ITR, ITS), and (SRF, SM, SSM, ITA, ITB, ITC, IT7)
•$ 150 Entry Fee, Register at http://www.midohioschool.com or call 614-793-4623

Jerry

--------------------

PumpkinRacing Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 05
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PumpkinRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

It will be declined, since he has been loosing business from me this year....unless Fowler is behind me...

--------------------
Michael Hartberger
Engine - Race Engineering
Car - OPM Autosports
Funding - Pumpkin!!

Just a quick weekend update.

Sat AM Qual
Drennan
Fowler
Bennett

Sat PM Race
Bennett
Fowler
Stasiowski

Sun AM Race
Bennett
Stasiowski
Fowler

Sun PM Race
Bennett
Fowler
Drennan

Overall SM Championship
Bennett ( 30 Points)
Fowler (26 Points)
Drennan (22 Points)

All three were posting times below the Mid-Ohio SM record, but I believe Mark was lowest with a 1:44.472. All of this is unofficial.

It was a great weekend of good clean racing throughout the fields. [thumbsup]

Thanks to all that joined us.

Jerry

--------------------

Awesome weekend, beautiful weather, great racing.

Thanks Cincy Region for putting on a hell of a show. Let's do it again next year!

This was a great weekend and I had fun racing with the OPM guys all weekend. Unfortunately, my car started making some very ugly noises with a few laps to go, so I pulled in from second place. I still have to figure out what the problem is.

Also, I wanted to appologise to the white car I bumped in the rear coming through the esses. I thought you were moving right to let me buy left, but is guess that was not the case. When you came back left, I tried to move to the right around you, but caught the right rear. The motion of me moving left to right is what moved the rear of your car to the right. I am very sorry that this incident occurred. I was happy to see that you were able to drive out of it without hitting anything. Again, I am sorry about the incident and I did not hit you on purpose. I did think you were letting me thru to the left.

Other than that, It was a great weekend.

Greg S.
#32 SM

For those who sat out this year's show, you gotta come next year. It was absolutely fantastic.
Rick

--------------------

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I sat out as I drove 11+ hours thru the night returning from a forced family outing to get back for Sunday. It was some of the cleanest racing possible from my view in the esses. You guys all put on a show and I really wanted to be out there. Being as I was falling asleep driving home its probably a good thing I did not go out there though.

And just to kill the rumors now. Yes that was my Benz I was driving around in and no I did not buy it. My wonderful hard working wife bought me that and I did not have to sell the SM. However, I am accepting donations for fueling the beast.

db

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great race, well organized and a T-shirt to boot ! What's not to love about this one !! Regional racing at it's finest !!

PumpkinRacing Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 05
Icon 1 posted  Profile for PumpkinRacing     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
Just a quick weekend update.

Sat AM Qual
Drennan
Fowler
Bennett

Sat PM Race
Bennett
Fowler
Stasiowski

Sun AM Race
Bennett
Stasiowski
Fowler

Sun PM Race
Bennett
Fowler
Drennan

Overall SM Championship
Bennett ( 30 Points)
Fowler (26 Points)
Drennan (22 Points)

All three were posting times below the Mid-Ohio SM record, but I believe Mark was lowest with a 1:44.472. All of this is unofficial.

It was a great weekend of good clean racing throughout the fields. [thumbsup]

Thanks to all that joined us.

Jerry

Jerry - What is the link to find the updated (official)results?

--------------------
Michael Hartberger
Engine - Race Engineering
Car - OPM Autosports
Funding - Pumpkin!!

Michael,

I'm working to get a copy of the official results to post on the http://www.cincyscca.com website, along with the Overall Weekend Championship results. It usually takes a week or so to get them posted onto MyLaps.com. I'll put a notice out when they are posted.

Jerry

--------------------

tahoe z Verified Driver
2007 NASA 25hr Champion E2 / 2008 NASA 25 HR E2 2ND place

Region: san francisco
Car #: SFR # 62 1.6/ SMT / 1.8 /# 62 ITA
Year : 89smt / 94 ita
Icon 1 posted  Profile for tahoe z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

good job Mark, kim!

--------------------
kim willcox

Tefkatt

Results are now posted at http://www.cincyscca.com Sorry for the delay.

Todd

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I meant to post something sooner...

Thanks to all who made this race possible. Nice long races, and the Championship weekend format added an interesting element to keep everyone on their game the entire weekend. This also was the first race weekend I've been to where the race chairman actually went pit stall to pit stall to personally thank each and every competitor for making the trip. That goes a long way with us... Thanks Todd! It was a well oiled machine from start to finish.

Congrats to all the winners as well! Bennett appears to be in NASA Championship form, although the sleeper in the whole deal may be OPM's Tom Fowler who was gettin' things done from the time he unloaded. Great runs all weekend, Tom!

Rumor has it that IRL/CART may be stealing this date for next year, so let's hope the Cincy Region can work things out with Mid-Ohio to make this event happen again! If it does, count us in for the 500 mile pull once again!

--Dan

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

Dan,

A big Thank You to you and all the competitors who towed a long way to our event. We tried to compensate somewhat with the drawings for the gas cards. By my count we had drivers from 23 states plus Canada. There were also 5 new track records set (my unofficial count), including SM and SSM.

We'll obviously have to find something else to occupy Todd's time if he had the opportunity to schmooze during the event. [duck]

As noted above, the official results for each race session and the Overall Championship are posted on our website, http://www.cincyscca.com . I hope they will also be on MyLaps soon. Jeff Loewe will have photos on his website at http://www.loewephoto.com coming soon. He took about 5500 images during the weekend (PDX and IT/SPEC*tacular), so please be patient while he loads them.

And yes, the IRL has scheduled Mid-Ohio for "our" weekend. The Race Committee will be working hard to try to schedule the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular on a non-conflicting weekend.

Again, thanks to all that attended! [thumbsup]

Jerry

--------------------

Photos are up for the 2008 IT/SPEC*tacular! At least for the Friday PDX and for Saturday's activities. Jeff is still working on loading Sunday's photos. Go to http://www.loewephoto.com and look under the Road Racing tab. There is a separate file for each day.

Thanks Jeff. [thumbsup]

Jerry

--------------------

Pic1

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pic1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All pics are up now...

Saturday Aug09

Sunday Aug10

-

--------------------
Jeff
Old: http://www.jlofoto.com
New: http://www.jlofoto.net

Maybe it's time for a new avitar.

Thanks Jeff

--------------------

Page 2 of 3 1  2  3  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: