Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » WOR Games at Nelson 30-31 August

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: WOR Games at Nelson 30-31 August
jtsuhr

Region: Western Ohio
Car #: 96
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jtsuhr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have not seen much mention of this race weekend recently. This is a date and venue change from last year. For those interested info can be found at:

http://www.wor-games.com

Hope to see you there.

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was all jumped up to do this one. But when I looked at the entry form and saw that for my wife and I to share our car that weekend the entry fee would be $420, as opposed to $315 for both days/one driver - a $105 difference - to quote Bush, Sr., "not gonna doit". [Frown]

This is the same reason I sat out the NEOhio Regional at NL.

I never have received an adequate explanation why some regions only charge $10-20 more to share a car and some regions charge $100+, and NASA charges $0.00 additional fee.

That's OK, I've got plenty of other interests to occupy myself.

-Denny

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny,

You know the facts of what the differences are in sanctioning and insurance costs. Maybe some regions will eventually catch on if you continue to express your opinion. The problem might be that there are only a handfull of two driver cars at most events in the GLD.

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They can catch on or have one less car to count.

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Denny,
I agree. You will also note that for OVR's "extra" races at the Autumn Classic there is no charge for 2nd drivers in the Enduro. Maybe not the fastest way around, but cheap track time is cheap track time. I saw your letter and am glad to have you both in SCCA full time.

db

Sent in my entry today Dave. Probably do the Oct. OVR event too.

jtsuhr

Icon 1 posted  Profile for jtsuhr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I passed on the concern about the two-driver one-car fees. That entry fee should be $345. Apparently that was an oversight in planning - thanks for pointing it out. Hopefully a note to that effect will be posted on the WOR Games site.

Thanks,
Jim

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

Who's going?

The Mrs. and me are pondering this one - sure would like to visit NL this year.

[ 08-22-2008, 08:10 AM: Message edited by: d mathias ]

*bump*

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm In

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

jtsuhr

Me too ...

--------------------
- Jim Suhr

datadude

Icon 1 posted  Profile for datadude     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

All Sat sessions were posted to Mylaps Sat - search through Neohio. And all Sunday sessions are posted as of yesterday at 3:30 to Mylaps.

[ 09-01-2008, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: datadude ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: