Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » 2009 date for I.T.SPEC*tacular set (Page 1)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Author Topic: 2009 date for I.T.SPEC*tacular set
Tefkatt

Region: Cincinnati
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To all,

The 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular will be held July 31st- Aug 2nd at Mid Ohio. So circle those dates on your calendars.

Todd Cholmondeley
Race Chairman
Cincinnati Region

Tefkatt

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tefkatt     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

To all,

Phil's Tire Service will be supplying Toyo and Hankook tires at the 2009 edition of the I.T.SPEC*tacular.

Todd Cholmondeley
Race Chairman
Cincinnati Region SCCA

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome.... This event has been one of my favorites for the past two years and is well worth the tow from NC. We'll see you then!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looking forward to it. It's quickly become one of the best races on the calender.

Tefkatt

To all,

Please mark your calendars for the 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular at Mid Ohio July 31st-Aug 2nd, 2009. Race groups are listed below. stay tuned for more details.

Todd C.
Cincinnati Race Chairman.

1. ITA, IT7, ITC
2. SRF, EP,FP,HP,GP,GTL
3. ITS, ITB
4. ITE, TCC, STO, GTA
5. ITR, STU
6. SM, SSM

Tefkatt

Hi everyone. I have the tentative budget together for 2009. This still has to be approved by the BoD March 17th.

Entry fee's will stay at $325
Single door garage early entry special $50. After early entry $75.
Double door garage will stay at $100.

Mid Ohio is again offering their Test & Tune on Friday evening July 31st for $150. Remember this is an offer from Mid Ohio and their refund policies are different from SCCA's

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sweet.

Tefkatt

To All,

The web site for the 2009 I.T.SPEC*tacular is up and running at http://www.cincyscca.com/2009/ITSpec2009.pdf

Spec Miata will be running in race group 6 along with SSM. The format will stay the same for 2009. 20 minute qualifying session Saturday morning which sets the grid for a Saturday afternoon 35 minute/ 20 lap race. Your best lap time in the Saturday afternoon race sets the grid for a 20 minute/ 12 lap qualifying race Sunday morning. Sunday morning qualifying race sets the grid for Sunday afternoons 35 minute / 20 lap race. 1st - 3rd place medals will be awarded for the two afternoon races. In addition overall weekend champions will be awarded trophies for each class based on a points system.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region Race Chairman
Tefkatt@aol.com

Tefkatt

Mid Ohio is offering a special deal during the I.T.SPEC*tacular weekend.

$75 off Teen and Adult Defensive Driving Schools. These take place in the upper paddock and typically run from 8 am till 3 pm. The day includes use of a Mid Ohio school car, instructor, classroom and use of the skid car. Class size is 17 students and the price is $350. On Sunday August 2nd the school will offer a special Double-Up program where two people can share a school car. Price is $400 and you can use the $75 discount for it also. Use promo Code CRSCCA 09 to receive the $75 discount.
To register go to http://www.midohio.com/Store/School-Courses/Defe...Defensive-Driving-Program and choose from 8/1/09, 8/2/09 or 8/2/09 double up.

Todd C.

Cincinnati Race Chairman

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is nobody going to take the cheap shot and suggest I sign up for the Defensive Driving School and let my daughter race the SM?

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

OPM AUTOSPORTS INC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 60 65 67
Year : 1990 1999 2002
Icon 1 posted  Profile for OPM AUTOSPORTS INC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great event, we have made the trip every year and will do so again this year. If anyone needs SM rental or trackside support let us know. See you then.

--------------------
-Tom Fowler-
OPM Autosports / SMAC MEMBER
http://www.opmautosports.com

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
Is nobody going to take the cheap shot and suggest I sign up for the Defensive Driving School and let my daughter race the SM?

Jerry

Is there a limit as to how many cheap shots we can take at you in 1 day?

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by OPM AUTOSPORTS INC:
Great event, we have made the trip every year and will do so again this year. If anyone needs SM rental or trackside support let us know. See you then.

Tom,

Great to hear OPM is planning on coming up again this year. Always a pleasure seeing you and the team. Maybe you can rent a car to Jerry so his daughter can drive his. [Cool]

Todd

Tefkatt

Great News! A preview of the I.T.SPEC*tacular has made the June Issue of Grassroots Motorsport Mag. Look on page 14 for the story.

Todd

Tefkatt

Attention in the paddock…

It’s back! The 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular and PDX will be held on July 31st - August 2nd, 2009 at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course. Get your street car out on the track for some hot laps and start the weekend with some PDX fun on Friday July 31st. Your entry fee of $200 includes an instructor, classroom instruction and 80 minutes on track split into 20 minute sessions. Active Military personal that sign up will receive a $25 discount. But that’s not all, PDX drivers who stay and help us out for the weekend will receive a $25 per day reimbursement. Plus you can enjoy a Saturday and Sunday full of fun as we kick off our three race weekend championship featuring over 105 miles at race speed. Invited classes returning for 2009 are : IT7, ITA, ITB, ITC, ITE, ITR, ITS, SM, SSM, AS and SRF. This year we would like to also welcome: EP, FP, HP, GTL, STO, STU, and GTA for the first time. Please check out our web site http://www.cincyscca.com for more details as they become available.
Mid Ohio has graciously offered a $75 discount to Cincinnati SCCA members and Friends for their Teen and Adult Defensive Drivers program August 1st and 2nd. This school takes place in the upper paddock during the day. If interested please go to http://www.Midohioschool.com or call 1-877-793-8667.Use promo CRSCCA 09
Camping is free so bring the family . Volunteers for the weekend will receive a volunteer gift, lunch Saturday and Sunday plus dinner and party Saturday night. If interested in volunteering please contact Race Chairman Todd Cholmondeley at Tefkatt@aol.com

Tefkatt

Looks like a very busy weekend this year for the I.T.SPEC*tacular . We will be using http://www.motorsportsreg.com for online registration. I'm shooting for June 8th to open registration.

Thursday July 30th

Registration & Tech for the PDX open 5-9 p.m.

Friday July 31st

Registration & Tech for PDX open 7- 10 am

Mid Ohio Test and Tune Registration & Tech Inspection 3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Driver’s Meeting 4:30 p.m. – 4:45 p.m.
On Track Sessions begin (split into 3 groups based on car mix) 4:45 p.m. – DUSK (Each group guaranteed 3 - 20 min. track sessions)

1) ITA, IT7, ITC, SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL, ITB, ITS
2) ITE, GTA, STO, AS, ITR, STU
3) SM, SSM

Price is $150 go to http://www.midohioschool.com for more details. * This is a Mid Ohio run event so their refund policy is different then SCCA.

Saturday Aug 1st & Sunday Aug 2nd.

The 3rd annual I.T.SPEC*tacular! This year we will be using the Pro Course for all sessions including the Test & Tune Friday evening.

RACE GROUPS

GROUP 1 ITA, IT7, ITC
GROUP 2 SRF, EP, FP, HP, GTL
GROUP 3 ITB, ITS
GROUP 4 ITE, STO, AS, GTA
GROUP 5 ITR, STU
GROUP 6 SM, SSM

Also Mid Ohio will be hosting Teen & Adult defensive driving schools in the upper paddock. $75 discount by using the promo code CRSCCA09
Go to http://www.midohioschool.com for more details.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. And don't forget to check out our web site at http://www.cincyscca.com

Todd

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 08
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd,
i'll be there again this year, but hopefully as a driver. Although I can work some too. OVR has also adopted Motorsportsreg.com for our online registration as well. I would be interested to hear how its going for you once you get going with it. Good luck and let us know if there is anything we in OVR can do to help.

Dave Brown

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by spdmonkey:
Todd,
i'll be there again this year, but hopefully as a driver. Although I can work some too. OVR has also adopted Motorsportsreg.com for our online registration as well. I would be interested to hear how its going for you once you get going with it. Good luck and let us know if there is anything we in OVR can do to help.

Dave Brown

Dave, glad to hear your planning on making it. If I remember some of the guys wanted to rent your car as a "back up" last year. [Smile]
Atlanta Region as well as a lot of the West Coast Clubs use Motorsportsreg so I think we will do fine. Tell the OVR board thanks!

Todd

Tefkatt

Hi everyone. The listing for the I.T.SPEC*tacular has been turned on at http://www.motorsportsreg.com it can be found under Event Types " Club race"

In other news. Hoosier Tire Midwest has announced the following program for the I.T.SPEC*tacular.

I.T./SPEC*Tacular Hoosier Tire Giveaway
For each day of the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular, Hoosier Tire Midwest will be holding a drawing for a free Hoosier Racing Tire. The drawing will be from all entrants. You will receive one entry for each tire purchased from Hoosier Tire Midwest during the IT/SPEC*tacular.

Rules:
1. One entry per tire purchased during the 2009 IT/SPEC*tacular.
2. Drawings will be held on Saturday during the Worker/Driver/Sponsor Party, and on Sunday at 1:00 at the Hoosier Tire Midwest Trailer.
3. Saturday’s winning entry will be removed for the Sunday drawing.
4. Winners will be posted at the Hoosier Tire Midwest trailer and at Driver’s Information.
5. Winners will receive One Free Tire Certificate redeemable with Hoosier Tire Midwest.

Stay tuned....

Todd

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd, Do we have to buy Hoosiers during the event or are we also eligible if we buy from Midwest a couple weeks before the event?

-Denny

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd:
Ditto Denny's question except I bought four SM'6's from Midwest at M/O last week.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Tefkatt

I've e-mailed Terry with Hoosier for answers. I'm going to assume yes to Denny's question since you'll probably pick them up at Mid-Ohio during the event. Rick....I'm not sure that's going to fly but I'll let Terry decide.

Todd

Tefkatt

Hey everyone,

Registration is now OPEN for the I.T.SPEC*tacular & PDX July 31-Aug 2nd. Go to http://www.motorsportsreg.com to enter. Event Type " Club Race". Look for Cincinnati SCCA. If you are planning on renting a garage do not wait. They are going fast.

Best Regards,

Todd Cholmondeley
Cincinnati Region SCCA

Todd, can we give the professional drivers in attendance a 2 lap penalty - you know, just to keep it fair. [Big Grin]

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by d mathias:
Todd, can we give the professional drivers in attendance a 2 lap penalty - you know, just to keep it fair. [Big Grin]

Nah. how about...Regional drivers, rolling start while the National drivers have a leMan's start in the pit lane. Make them run to their cars and belt in. [rolling on floor laughin]

Just kidding

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

Denny,

I'm not professional, but I figure I have about a 2-lap handicap already.

Jerry

--------------------

Matt Johnson Verified Driver

Region: Detroit
Car #: 73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Define "professional"

--------------------
Matt Johnson
1990 SM #73 - yet another red miata.

Tefkatt

1. Open
2. Open
3. John Whitaker
4. John Lukacz
5. Jeff Thompson
6. Matthew Johnson

7. Tom Fowler ( OPM)
8. Tom Fowler ( OPM)
9. Open
10. Open
11. Open
12. Open
12A. Open
13. Open
14. Open
15. Open
16. Rick Deerwester
17. Jerry Cabe
18. Brad Barnhouse
19. Ed Funk
20. Jinx Jordan

21. Steve Linn
22. Greg Amy
23. Bowie Gray Jr.
24. Tom Hoppe
25. Jeff Underwood
26. Scott Giles
27. Tom Lamb
28. Kevin Ruck

Current garage listing. Only two single door remain.

Tefkatt

Here is the current SM/SSM entry list

Group No. Last Name First Name Model Color

G6
10 Cabe Jerry Miata Blue
5 Cutler Dan Miata MX5 White
60 Deerwester Rick Miata Red
73 Johnson Matthew Miata
87 Scheuing John Miata Burgundy
72 South Tim Miata Blue
16 Thompson Jeff Miata Black / Bronze
88 Mathias Dennis Miata Red

Tefkatt

Hi all,

The registration list is now available at http://www.motorsportsreg.com

Todd

Tefkatt

47 entries and growing. Here is the direct link to the registration list at motorsportsreg.com

http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.sta...42F-5803-9D648C83519DD565

Tefkatt

Hi everyone.

All 1-door garages are now rented. We are starting a waiting list please contact Starla McCauley at roamingstars@att.net

There are three 2-door garages still available.

I've also heard the Mansfield Travel lodge is booked solid for the weekend.

Todd

For those needing alternate lodging information, go to the http://www.cincyscca.com website. On the home page under the Club Racing area there is a link for "Click Here For Event Information". At the end of this link there is a listing of all the hotels and campgrounds in the area. And don't forget the Cincy SCCA rate at the Comfort Inn (Bellville) which includes their Splash Harbour water park. Special rate of $110 (2-Queen) or $119 (1-King).

Jerry

--------------------

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
For those needing alternate lodging information, go to the http://www.cincyscca.com website. On the home page under the Club Racing area there is a link for "Click Here For Event Information".
Jerry

Jerry:
I could rent out spaces under my motorhome for Idunno, maybe $25 a night?
Rick

--------------------

Tefkatt

Hi everyone.

73 entries so far. 13 in SM. 3 weeks to go. Registration is at http://www.motorsportsreg.com

Todd

Guys.
This is a first class event. If you're sitting on the fence, register. We need a big SM field there.
Rick

--------------------

Racerlinn

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Racerlinn     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hear that the 60 car is handing out free Corona's all weekend...

--------------------
Steve Linn
Indy Region SCCA

Tefkatt

But who's bringing the limes? Maybe Jerry?

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Any place to read the particulars of the event?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Butch Kummer

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

http://www.cincyscca.com/2009/ITSpec2009.pdf

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

Tefkatt

quote:
Originally posted by Butch Kummer:
http://www.cincyscca.com/2009/ITSpec2009.pdf

http://www.cincyscca.com to get to the home page. That's where the supps. are posted along with PDX info. Also http://www.motorsportsreg.com for an entry list.

Todd

pat slattery Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: cincy
Car #: 79
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for pat slattery     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do we have a choice of tire or is it the R888?

Pat

--------------------
keeping the faith for the 1.6

Arrow Karts

Tefkatt

Pat,

Due to it being a Regional it is an open tire rule. So run what you brung. Hoosier is even offering two free racing tires for first place.

Todd

Tefkatt

17 entries in SM. 90 entries total.

Todd

Tefkatt

18 entries in SM. 101 entries total. Remember that July 21st is the deadline for postmarks on mail in entries. You have till July 28th at noon to register and pay online with no late entry fee.

Todd

Tefkatt

Mark Bennett Has entered!

There goes the neighborhood.

Tefkatt

quote:
There goes the neighborhood.

Just e-mailed a registration form to the current NYSRRC champ. I think Mark is going to have a battle on his hands. + 20 entries in SM. 104 overall.

Tefkatt

+22 in SM +1 SSM. 111 entries overall!

Todd

Tefkatt

Dan Tiley just couldn't resist. +25 in SM!

Page 1 of 2 1  2  next » 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: