Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » stupid question about schedules

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: stupid question about schedules
M Miller
All around good guy

Region: Great Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for M Miller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know I could probably figure this out if I researched it - but I was curious if someone could break down the schedules and division championships.

I am in region 4, great lakes division. I assume I can run all regionals and go for the GLD regional championship, OR run all the Region 4 nats and go for the Region 4 National championship? How does it work?

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

"3. Eligibility; Section C. Drivers holding a Novice Permit or higher license whose region of record is in
Central Division shall be eligible for Great Lakes Division trophies. Drivers who
qualify for the runoffs shall not be eligible for Regional championships. Drivers
who earn more than 13 National points shall not be eligible for Regional
championships."

M Miller
All around good guy

Region: Great Lakes
Icon 1 posted  Profile for M Miller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks DB -

So as soon as I log enough National points, then I can no longer be a champion of anything unless I win the runoffs [Razz] That the jist of it?

JST #16 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: GLD. # 16
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JST #16     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You can be the GLD National Champ, providing you get the most GLD national points [yep]

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Psst - Don't tell anyone, but if you run ever weekend at Nelson Ledges and do reasonably well, you have a good shot of winning the coveted Kryder Cup Championship. Mainly regionals, but those are a good way to practice for the Nationals...as long as those Kucera boys don't run you off the track! [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
David Watts
GLDiv #66

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Dave,I don't know what your talking about?
If you take a look at Eric's video I think I left you plenty of room,hell you still had a good 3/4 of your tires on the track! [thumbsup] [rolling on floor laughin]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Car #: #71
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have it on good authority that only 1 tire is required on the pavement to make a good pass.

Although, there was that ONE time........

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The turn 13 shortcut works pretty good also.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Charlie by the and of that race they started to put cones down so people wouldn't think that was a short cut.

What did you get your lap times down to? 59 sec. [cheerful]

Eric sometimes you drive like your riding a motorcycle [Big Grin] but so do I!

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for EBudman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by soupy:
The turn 13 shortcut works pretty good also.

Plus, when done right, it muddies the windshield on the 2nd place car to eliminate any further threats on your lead..... [Eek!]

Bob, That may be. But, thankfully I don't ride my motorcycle like I drive. [fight]

Veteran Member

Eric,I used to ride a bike harder then I drive my car and have alot of scars to prove it.If I drove like I ride a bike I don't think to many people would like me. [Big Grin] Plus my wife wont let me have a bike any more(get arrested once)pulling a wheelie at 150mph and the police aren't to friendly.

Have to call your wife to get you out of jail,
!priceless! [fight]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Nice...... You're a very lucky man

Thankfully, I'm not married, 'cause most women would let me rot in the clink..... [rolling on floor laughin]

Veteran Member

Looking back now I think I was safer in jail! [Big Grin]

When she picked me up it sounded like this... [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [butthead] (A--whole) and I think she made a couple of new swear words up. [blush]

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Dang, She moon-ed ya? [laughing]

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eric, I think I saw Bob try to pull the same wheelie with his Miata [banghead] Now that was priceless [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin] [rolling on floor laughin]

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Veteran Member

[Big Grin]

Dan Tiley Verified Driver Series Champ
Are you followin' me, camera guy???

Region: SEDIV
Car #: 33
Year : Whatever's Available!
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Tiley     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by EBudman:
Dang, She moon-ed ya?

Originally posted by soupy:
Eric, I think I saw Bob try to pull the same wheelie with his Miata Now that was priceless

That's cool... as long as I don't see him mooning anyone from his miata!

--------------------
Dan Tiley

Sponsored by Race Engineering

Spec Miata's fastest and best supported engine program!

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Hey Tiley,

Mather just called me this morning & said he is holding your regional points trophy hostage. [laughing]

Did Fjord give ya a day off out there in the Desert? [flamed] No time for slackin' off on the company dime anymore, so get back to work!!

Eric

Edwin Ho Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I Am Canadian

Car #: 65
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edwin Ho   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by EBudman:
Did Fjord give ya a day off out there in the Desert? [flamed] No time for slackin' off on the company dime anymore, so get back to work!!

You Ford guys out here too? This weather is killing me. Why is it snowing in the desert? At least a few laps around Speed Street helps pass the time.

Ed.

Veteran Member

Hey Dan,I was never any good at mooning out car windows,but I know a guy that is the KING of that he's name is Dave Jones.

I was always the driver and I will tell you what there isn't a window that he can't get a full moon out of!

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

RON BURGUNDY Verified Driver

Region: NEO
Car #: 48
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RON BURGUNDY     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Bob I can already hear WATTS on this subject..

Dave

--------------------
"I Don't Know How To Put This.. But.. I Am Kind Of A big Deal.. People Know Me..I Have Many Leather Bound Books And My Apartment Smells of Rich Mahogany.."

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

Impressive skills Dave!!

Matt Johnson Verified Driver

Car #: 73
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ed, lots of Ford guys around these parts...

Just got here today, and I assure you that there is more snow in Ohio/Michigan than in Phoenix...

--------------------
Matt Johnson
1990 SM #73 - yet another red miata.

Edwin Ho Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I Am Canadian

Car #: 65
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Edwin Ho   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Matt,

If any of you are interested in running a few laps at Speed Street, its pretty likely that we'll be heading there again. Let me know.

Ed.

--------------------
Edwin Ho
www.ehmotorsports.org

Icon 1 posted  Profile for RON BURGUNDY     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ed,
Is that the indoor go cart place near Sterling Heights?

Dave

--------------------
"I Don't Know How To Put This.. But.. I Am Kind Of A big Deal.. People Know Me..I Have Many Leather Bound Books And My Apartment Smells of Rich Mahogany.."

HEY ERIC.
At the very least I am good for comic relief.

Dave

--------------------

D Watts Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just going in circles

Region: Neohio
Car #: 66
SMIM: dwatts66
Icon 17 posted  Profile for D Watts   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sorry to disappoint you Dave, but my mental block went up before I got to the end of Bob's sentence. [censored]

LOL Dave.

--------------------

EBudman Verified Driver
Idle Member

quote:
Originally posted by dwj:
Ed,
Is that the indoor go cart place near Sterling Heights?

Dave

The place in Sterling heights is called Kart-to-Kart. I'm guessing Speed Street is in Arizona where all the Ford & Chrysler grunts are hiding out for the winter.

Eric

Thanks Eric

Dave

--------------------

Veteran Member

Hey Watts,never thought the day would come when I could leave you speechless.I knew someday I would beat you at something I was just hoping it would be on the race track. [Big Grin]

Now if I could just beat Mark I would be the new CHAMPION of the WORLD!!!! [rolling on floor laughin]

LOL !KUCH!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: