Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » Cage builder in MI or OH ?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Cage builder in MI or OH ?
D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have a friend building an ITA Golf GTI and he's considering farming out the roll cage construction. Ideally, it would be someone who can build a safe, light, well built cage with decent welding. (ie: No brother-in-laws who can lay bird shot on a joint and call it welding.) [Wink]

Does anyone know of a good roll cage builder here in MI or OH or a nearby state ?

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This guy does really nice work. (I have no interest other than I've used his services). He usually has a back-log of jobs.

http://www.rollcageguy.com/

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Chris Childs
angrysheepmotorsports.com
810 417 7777

Chris does a lot of work for the OEMs for show cars and has built dozens of cages for people around Detroit. His team did my Miata cage and I think I was the 11th they had done.

I highly recommend their work! I think Chris even did the cage on the Nissan 350Z that lost his brakes doing 120mph down the back straight and went out of the park at Mid Ohio last summer. He cleared China Beach and two catch fences, totaled the car and walked away. The photos of that crash were floating around on this site somewhere.

Nigel Stu Verified Driver

Car #: 66
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Nigel Stu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I can second both of those recommendations and agree with both comments. rollcageguy did the cage in the 350Zs I've raced and Chris did the cage in my Miata.

Chris was great to work with, designed the cage for added strength and really looked at the detail to make things fit just right and just how I wanted it. His welding guy puts down some great stuff too. Tell him I sent ya.

--------------------
Ben Schaut
Schaut Speed Motorsports
GLDiv / WHRRI
#66 Blue/White/Black

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Car #: 5
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks gents !! I'll pass along the info to him.

Speed Raycer

Region: 21/St. Louis/MiDiv
Car #: IT7 #72
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Speed Raycer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

+2 for both Chris Childs and Mark McMahon. Both are top notch (no pun intended).

--------------------
Scott Rhea
It's not what you build...
it's how you build it
Izzy's Custom Cages

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: