Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Sports Car Club of America » SCCA Great Lakes » GingerMan National

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: GingerMan National
luckymiata76

Region: South Bend
Car #: 76
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for luckymiata76     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The entry forms for the GingerMan National/Double Restricted Regional on July 11-12 are posted at http://www.sbrscca.org.

Racers will get a $50 discount towards the August National at Grattan.

Hope to see you there.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

D.B. Cutler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Huge Member

Region: Detroit
Car #: 5
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'll be there. First race of the season for me ! Can't wait.

Does anyone know if there is a practice day there on the Friday before the race ?

luckymiata76

Icon 1 posted  Profile for luckymiata76     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There should be a practice day Friday. Contact GingerMan for details.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

luckymiata76

Anybody going to GingerMan? $10 early bird discout if the entry forms are postmarked by July 3rd. Is the $50 coupon towards the Grattan race any incentive to attend both races in Michigan? We're always trying to do something to make our races attractive.

Input welcome.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff,

The coupon does not hurt. It certainly goes into the plus column when attempting to make the decision on which races to do for the remainder of the year. Thanks for the work you are doing to make the events as smooth as possible.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Huge Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for D.B. Cutler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What coupon ?

I'm planning on going to both so, I'd be all over that !

Motor City Hamilton

Region: Great Lakes/Detroit
Car #: 51
Year : 1994 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just sent in my entry for SM and ITA. Also plan to race the Grattan event. Probably both classes there too.

luckymiata76

Each driver will receive a $50 coupon(non-transferrable)towards the Grattan National/Regional. Since South Bend Region and Western Michigan Region are working with each other for both events, we're able to promote both races.

I'm in charge of weather at GingerMan. Low 80's, low humidity and no rain. I should've put that in the supps.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

Motor City Hamilton

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Motor City Hamilton     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Awesome. I'll leave my rain tires at home then.

Matt Johnson Verified Driver

Car #: 73
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Johnson     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just sent my registration in, but only for ITA as I didn't feel like fussing with the R888...

--------------------
Matt Johnson
1990 SM #73 - yet another red miata.

Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Did anyone stick around long enough for the final results? They were still provisional when we pulled out.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Huge Member

Not me. My complete frustration with my setup relative to the R888s caused me to leave right after the Compliance Guy was done with me. (BTW, he checked my cam keyways to make sure that they were not modified.)

I had fun but I was very frustrated with the Big Push [Eek!] that I could not figure out how to dial out [banghead] . I can't blame the tires but they do look really, really weird; almost like they're melted (?). I can't wait to get back onto the RA1s.

luckymiata76

1.Burdzy
2.Manning
3.Bednarz
4.Weidner
5.Luckritz
6.Watts
7.Scheuing
8.Cox
9.Jensen
10.Hamilton
11.Cutler
12.Harding
13.Piekarczyk

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

miata68

Car #: 68
SMIM: ?
Icon 1 posted  Profile for miata68     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Great race Voytek! I couldn't stay in front of him for long. Look for his name to appear again on the podium.

Couldn't stay in front of Harry Manning for the entire race either. Good run Harry!

Thanks to Jeff Luckritz and the SBR region for a well run event. The weather was tremendous this weekend and South Haven is a great place to visit on a summer weekend.

--------------------
David Bednarz #68

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Reminds me of an old jelly commercial...
With a name like Voytek Burdzy, he's gotta be good! I could see he was good on test day at the Sprints! Congrats on a good run
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Thanks Jeff SBR, and WMR for a great weekend! Congrats to everyone.

--------------------
Dave Cox

luckymiata76

We try to run a laid-back, but organized event. Hope everybody can make the trip to Grattan. Don't forget to use your $50 coupon.

I'll see what I can do about the weather there too.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff, Great event! I didn't drive (Crewed for the black T2 lotus and Lance's T1 Viper) but had a great time. I know both cars will be at Grattan as well. See you there.

Thanks to all the SM gang for the respect with T2 battel in your run group. I hope that the Lotus did not get in the way of your race.

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Huge Member

Jeff,

The $50 coupon was a great idea ! I'll be using it for Grattan to run in the ITA race.

Ralph,

Thanks ! I have a strict policy of not racing with / getting in the middle of other classes races. Sounds like other SMers are operating on the same priciple !

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff,

It was a good weekend with the weather; you did good. But there were issues with competitors having their qualifying time disallowed, and then after the race, the results were delayed. Care to explain where you can?

Jerry

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

luckymiata76

Guys were DQ'd for non-compliance(I was one of them). I'll let them elaborate if they'd like.

Race results were delayed because of a T&S issue that took some time to get resolved. Don't know all the details, other than they needed time to check for accuracy.

--------------------
Jeff Luckritz

Jerry-

In my case it was a stupid mistake, I ran the same setup of spacers that was on the original '99 I bought. A matter of, it worked for the previous owner so it must be right (I should know better, I've changed almost everything else).

I missed a change in Fastrack on the wheel spacers. I had 2 in the front and 1 in the rear on each side. This was legal last season, not this one. My times were disallowed in the morning as they should have been.

I ended up going faster in the afternoon without them anyway.

--------------------
Dave Cox

Motor City Hamilton

I had a good time at my first National event. Was happy to qualify 7th then 8th for my first time at Gingerman. It was a fun weekend.

On Friday when they said "open practice" I put in half a tank, ran, refueled, ran, refueled, etc. Then I ran both the SM and ITA classes. It all added up to 7.5 hours of on track time. I got my money's worth, but by Sunday afternoon, I was beat. I was missing my marks so decided to just slow down in the SM race and not break anything or myself. I skipped the final ITA race so that I'd have enough energy to load up and get home.

Thanks for putting on a great event. I'll be at Grattan.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: