Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » 99 Hat base line setup?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: 99 Hat base line setup?
38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 14 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok Jim, What's the new base line set up? [thumbsup]

I have new "hats" but don't know how to wear them?

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Have you seen this thread yet.
http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/2928.html#000016

If you have this is the only topic that I have seen started that talks about it. If you know of more let me know since I am going to be doing this swap over the winter along with a torsen swap.

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hmm, my thread from our testing. Baseline is where we were (5"). Think going down to 4 3/4" is probably doable easy at least at my weight. Lower possible, but you will want to stay off the bump stops. Never realized how much they really upset the car till we tested it.

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There's probably a bit to be gained in the whole "center of gravity" discussion by going lower, but if you could get an acceptable amount of camber from the car before installing the new hats, I'd lean towards keeping a similar ride height and (as Casey mentioned) using the extra travel to stay off of the bump stops.

There is, of course, the discussion that the bump stops "should" be used as a component in the suspension, but as short and stiff as these are (why did I just have an image of Sidewalk Johnson flash through my head) I doubt it's ideal.

That's how I plan to go when I get around to putting them on my car - at least initially. [Big Grin]

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: