Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » Front rear weight split

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Front rear weight split
Perry

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Perry     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Slowly working through setup using the information posted here as a guide. (thank you all for the amazing wealth of information) I am able to get a good base level “neutral” setup. We can set our 94 up with driver weight and gear to 2346lb and a cross weight percentage of 50%. When doing this I notice that the front rear weight balance can move by a significant amount. I have been using setup notes to move the front rear weight balance.

We are now working on a second 94 SM and there is a significant weight distribution difference between the two cars. So here is the question: What should the front rear target weight split be for the “neutral” setup? Thank you in advance.

Mark

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do you mean front/rear split changes as you move the spring collars?

Perry

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Perry     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes. I have found it possible to have a set ride height, 50% cross weight at a given alignment and see a difference in front to rear weight %. Looking for a ball part target as another check point.

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There might be a problem with how you are doing your setup.

Its not possible to move weight front to rear with the spring collars or ride height. Only relocating things or adding fuel changes f/r distribution.

Greg

Perry

Hmm, a small change in "rake" seems to effect my F-R weight distribution. As there is such a big difference between the two cars when setup the same way (suspension and cage etc) thought maybe somthing was bent or .... as the rides heights are very close on the two cars. I do not know which of the two is closest to being on target however. I will have to go back and set them both up again and see how far off they are after a redo. Thanks for the help Greg. Mark

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: