Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » Measuring Ride Height

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Measuring Ride Height
wfins Verified Driver

Region: NY
Car #: 09
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wfins     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The pinch weld referenced in the set up guide on my spec appears to have been hit/pushed up and straighten. Is there another point that can be used such as lower a-arm pivot,etc and if so what is it and what is the relative measurement?

Sphinx Verified Driver
M. Yusuf Mohamed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sphinx     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd probably use a piece of tape or string to give you a reference line. Tape it cross to parts of the pinch weld that haven't caved in yet.

In theory, any baseline should work fine, as long as you are consistent.

--------------------
Sphinx Racing
Atlanta Region
http://www.sphinxracing.com
http://www.layersdesserts.com
Support our racing efforts by shopping at your favorite online merchants at SphinxRacing.com!

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Eyeball it! That's what I do.

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Mini-Dog Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Mini-Member

Region: NER
Car #: 33
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mini-Dog   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The revered Mr. Payson, whom only a select few in the North East has beaten, uses only the fingers on his hand vs. the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender. His only setup variable, so he says. Truth be told, his fenders are straighter than most, and his advice is subject to some interpretation. But... he is a valued mentor to many. [Smile] I've done OK doing what he does or says he did. [Smile]

--------------------
Paul Capel
P & D Chassis, Ltd.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: