Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » Adjust ride height?

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Adjust ride height?
Franckg Verified Driver

Region: SowDiv - Lone Star
Car #: 60
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Franckg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I just received my new scales and started to play with the set up "According JD".
I checked the current ride height and the set up has RR at 4" FR and the rest at 4.125" (??). The car is a 99 and the set up was done by a prop shop. I am going to MSR Houston in a couple of weeks which is bumpy so I think that raising it to 4 5/8 which help avoid hitting the bump stops - how many turns would you recommend to bring the ride height - does someone have the ratio - height to turns per chances?

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

try 1.5 to 2 turns... For the record, I think you should go to 4 5/8and leave it ( I run 4 5/8 all the time), 4 and 4 1/8 is too low IMO. At that height you will have 3/8 to 1/2 of shock travel or less, not enough IMO. Better off lowering onto the stop than running with not enough travel IMO. All of this is subjective and personal preference, but you want to be off the stops or on, not in between where you are at that height.

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: