Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » Max Camber??

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Max Camber??
Franckg Verified Driver

Region: SowDiv - Lone Star
Car #: 60
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Franckg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am trying to follow JD's guide and running into a challenge. I cannot get more than 2 degrees camber on the front Right at 4 5/8 ride height - it's got a new engine cradle, suspension arms bolts...am I missing something or is something tweaked?

Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is one of the lower controll arms bent?

Have a great day,
Jared

Casey Z Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: MidDiv
Car #: 13
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Casey Z     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Not unusual to get stuck at 2 degrees. Should get a bit more at that RH, but 4 5/8" is a bit too low. Go up to at least 4.75". Bent parts aren't a bad thing. Just have to figure out which ones to bend in the right direction. None of these cars get optimal camber with factory straight parts. Infer what you may...

--------------------
----------------
Z Brothers Racing / East Street Auto

Casey Z - 1.6 Kettle
MidDiv National #13

JD Morris Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
A slower JD...

Region: SF
Car #: RIP #56
Year : --
Icon 1 posted  Profile for JD Morris     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Casey Z:
None of these cars get optimal camber with factory straight parts. Infer what you may...

Ouch. I have found that 2.9* at 4.5" ride height in the front is the unbent amount (for my chassis). I used to have over 3* at 4.75" but "lost it" in an accident. After replacing everything and measuring lots of new and used OEM pieces I'm confident that 2.9* is the standard. I also boosted max camber to 3.5* at 4.5" in another bump but "repaired" it back to 2.9*. So if you're stuck at 2*, there's something measureably bent in a not advantageous direction, IMHO.

JD

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Agree with JD. In all my cars, past and present, I was always able get more than -2.0 degrees camber with unbent parts. Most likely, you got something bent.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA