Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » SpecMiata.com » Spec Miata Setup Guide » Eccentric bolt help

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Eccentric bolt help
Alik

Region: NorthEast
Car #: 145
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alik     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I feel like a tool asking this, but, should the eccentric bolt shroud (?) sit within the CA border (I'm sorry again, I have no clue what those things are called), or below it?

And, I'm having very difficult time perusing through all the setup material.

Is there any guide that will tell me things like "If the car is pushing to the right, adjust this".

[help]

Greg Bush Verified Driver
Thread Killer

Region: NW/OR
Car #: 04
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Greg Bush     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If you are referring to the horse shoe thingy on the subframe that the cam sits in, it should be touching it (or really close).

Also, the cam should be above the bolt with the largest radius located between the 9:00 and 3:00 ranges (12:00 is ok, 6:00 is not).

From your question it sounds like you have it upside down.

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Take your car to Dave and have him do a baseline setup for you. Mark the cams with paint to make sure they're not moving on you during the summer. Then get to some COM events to improve your driving skills. Seat time is everything.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Alik

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Alik     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Greg Bush:
If you are referring to the horse shoe thingy on the subframe that the cam sits in, it should be touching it (or really close).

Also, the cam should be above the bolt with the largest radius located between the 9:00 and 3:00 ranges (12:00 is ok, 6:00 is not).

From your question it sounds like you have it upside down.

Thanks, Greg. It looks like I have it the right way up. [Smile]

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd recomend the "Spec Miata Constructors Guide". But I may be biased.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Alik

For shame, Dave!
What a shameless load of self-promotion!

Btw, how do I order?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: