Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » SPEED

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SPEED
Phil Mather Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Insert witty title here...

Region: Detroit
Car #: 06
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Either I'm blind, or has no one mentioned that the SM Runoffs race is today?!?!

Speed at 1:00!

http://www.scca.com/newsarticle.aspx?hub=1&news=3248

(Forgive me if I'm blind [blush] )

--------------------
Phil

Support SpecMiata.com-Buy a CG-Lock!

http://www.TeamMatherMotorsport.com/specmiata

Dillon

Region: Rocky Mountain
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dillon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

There's a whole other thread for it here:

http://forum.specmiata.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/3705.html

I just watched it, good stuff. [thumbsup] Definitely cool to see a lot of the people I've seen on here on tv!

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phil Mather   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

oops...i was blind. but hadn't seen it pop up recently. I watched too. Good to see what was happening in front of me. Got some decent TV time too, even if it was quick segments.

::waves:: HI MOM!!! I'm on TV!!!

--------------------
Phil

d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Son of a b'yotch. I've had a note beside the remote for the last month to record this, and what do I do this morning. . . forget to program my F'n VCR. Anybody know if it will be re-broadcast?, Speed's website is worthless.

D'oh

4 a.m. on speed.

--------------------
Phil

Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Excellent, excellent. (tapping my finger tips together)

Thanks Phil !

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Drago, you looked a little different on the broadcast than I remember you....

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Dillon

Region: Rocky Mountain
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dillon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Pretty sure that was 4AM this morning? Who knows...I agree that speed's website is pretty worthless.

RYGAR Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
"The Unethical"

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 29
Icon 1 posted  Profile for RYGAR     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1pm Eastern, 10am Pacific

They MAY replay it (not listed on their site), but I'm sure somebody can burn a DVD for you if you missed it...

--------------------
Ryan G. #29
http://www.RentMoneyRacing.com

Brad Verified Driver Series Champ
2007 SCCA Champion

Region: SFR
Car #: 14
Year : 1994
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Brad     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I watched it. [Big Grin]

Turn 9 on that last lap was frightening. The panic I had was not properly displayed via the camera. 3 more inches to the left and both I and Andrew end up in mud. Kudos to Andrew for seemingly being the only guy to go 4 off on that corner and survive. [thumbsup]

--------------------
http://www.hooverspeed.net

Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mat Pombo saved it right in front of me on the last lap as well. That mud ate up more people than I realized

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I watched it. [Big Grin]

Turn 9 on that last lap was frightening. The panic I had was not properly displayed via the camera. 3 more inches to the left and both I and Andrew end up in mud. Kudos to Andrew for seemingly being the only guy to go 4 off on that corner and survive. [thumbsup]

I didn't even go off the track and got eaten up by the mud thrown all over the track. I love HPT, this should really be rally cross - not road racing.

Blake "5th place if we skipped turn 9" Clements

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Willie the Tard Verified Driver

Region: NASA Texas
Car #: 8
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Willie the Tard   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Blake Clements:
quote:
Originally posted by Brad:
I watched it. [Big Grin]

I didn't even go off the track and got eaten up by the mud thrown all over the track. I love HPT, this should really be rally cross - not road racing.

Blake "5th place if we skipped turn 9" Clements

I thought you did skip turn 9 [Smile]

--------------------
William Keeling a.k.a. Willie the Tard

Eric Barbaric Verified Driver

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Eric Barbaric   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Why was there no in-car camera coverage? There was last year.

I watched from the hill over by turn 2. Pretty good view from there, but in-car really is what tells the story.

Jon Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
..driver for hire..

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
SMIM: racerJRP
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jon Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

They should have cut out the black flag and showed more of the race..

--------------------
SSM #87 MARRS
--2007 ARRC SSM Champion--

Windsorcustoms.com

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

that was most of the race... it was really short... so short I (and I assume most) finished pretty heavy on fuel... Does seem like they could have got all the comericials out of the way during the black flag...

Overall good coverage...

quote:
Originally posted by jigou:
Drago, you looked a little different on the broadcast than I remember you....

the drago thing was a highlight for me [Smile]

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

Steve Scheifler Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: STL
Car #: 82
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Steve Scheifler     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Eric Barbaric:
Why was there no in-car camera coverage? There was last year...

I guess no one ponied up the $$ to carry one. Not sure what the going rate is, but I think it used to be a grand or more. Never pass up a chance to make an extra buck, even if the product suffers. [Mad]

Jacques Dresang Verified Driver
Mini JD

Region: Milwaukee
Car #: 66-5-8-68-38-90-91
SMIM: AIM - TragicallyhipBRM
Icon 14 posted  Profile for Jacques Dresang   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Wow, that is the most press I have ever received after a 29th! I'm even more amazed at how well Drago looked though...

Well done to everyone, it was a good time. [rockband]

I wish everyone a happy and prosperous 2008 from the UEMSI Motorwerks crew. Swelk will be entering the MX-5 Cup while I turn my attention to the team's vintage program. We helped raise a ton of contributions this year for notable charitable causes with the vintage car, and I feel a bit better about myself in that situation rather than the Mr. Hyde I tend to become at the racetrack, competing with my helmet on, and off.

With that said, it was an honor to make the Runoffs and run against the top-shelf Miata drivers in the country. I'm sure I'll see some of you in the future, possibly in big lights.

As my closing note for '07, I want to thank everyone who helped me during my 2.5 year experience in the SCCA:

Mazdaspeed. I think we all can thank everyone at Mazdaspeed for helping us get from race to race without any issues. I weep for those racing anything else... [Wink]

Tim McQuiston and Mark Grenisen both helped us out mucho at the start getting my licence at MAM, and Dave Wheeler of Advanced-Autosports made us feel like family at the track, even though we were not among his in-house fleet. Kudos to all three. [Smile]

Applied Racing Technologies supplied us with 1.6L engines this past year, and it was a noticable difference over years past. Well done to Karl and Ed, you were both very easy to work with over the phone from up here in the north woods, and at HPT. Words aren't enough here...Thanks Guys... [thumbsup]

Performance Friction Brakes allowed me to not repeat my flying Miata performance this past year. I think their product has been very under-valued in the Miata market, but were absolutely superb under my lead feet.

Juan Pablo Drago. Thanks for supplying the update rearend parts as well as the Mazda 3 consoul cover for my girlfriend. Lifesaver... [Wink]

Finally, I need to thank the following people who tagged along and helped us in our efforts: Dan Olson, Gary Welk, Lynn Welk, Mikey Verhagen, Theo Bialk, Jason Matuszewski, Steve Krock, Jim Liska, Paul Powell of Unfairadvantageracing.com, Pat Spangenberg of Rod & Competition Specialties for the paint and bodywork, Milissa Minter, Howard Coleman, Franklin Motorsports, Greg Nelson from Kartsltd.com, Paul Jagodzinski, the guys from Arms Up Motorsports, Brian McCullough and DHL Express for all of their support for the 2007 season, Phil Kerr at the Bruce McLaren Trust, Michael Mueller from m-2design.com and everyone from SCCA who made racing possible. If I missed anyone, thank you too!

Finally, my parents Rick and Alison, my sister Alissa, and my Jena for supporting me through good and bad times at and away from the race track.

Again, thanks for the memories. It has been fun. May you all have a wonderful and safe 2008.

Respectfully Yours,

Jacques N. Dresang

--------------------
UMW Motorwerks Vintage

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mat or Mark, it is the same thing Reynolds.

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

With the weather and the schedule the way it was that day, it wouldn't surprise me if they nixed the airplane that is required to relay the live signal from in-car to the production truck.

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Cool beans man, it was on at 4 AM this morning. Got it recorded to watch tonight. Don't tell me who won, I want to be surprised. [Big Grin]

Props to Phil Mather for being the lone representative of the Great Lakes Division. [thumbsup]

-D

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I thought the coverage wasn't great at all. They seemed to move away to something in the best parts of the race! And instead of showing us some people moving up through the pack, they opt to show Mike Asselta's muddy car (no offense Mike) going into the pits and other such stuff.

Drago, you gotta tell me how you lost all that weight in one month! [Smile]

Andrew, are you and Brad going to "work together" like that in the MX5 Cup? [duck] [Big Grin]

Good racing, I just wished the editors had filled in some more of the guys in the back racing during clean-up, etc.

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Mark,
It was hard to keep up while I saw yall climbing into different cars every other day. Just confused I suppose. Are yall going to race in the skip barber mx-5 series that goes to road atlanta?

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

mark pombo Verified Driver
2005 ARRC Winner

Region: southeast
Car #: 10
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mark pombo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Just playin, it happens all the time. Safer just to say Pombo. No plans to race there for sure yet, but we're trying.

--------------------
Mark Pombo
Pombo Racing/PFM Engineering

Rich Verified Driver
Oh, that's where that is.

Region: STL
Car #: 35
Year : #795 SRF
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rich   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The coverage is kindof what I expected. When there's a tight race at the front there isn't much incentive to dig deeper for a good fight. I'm just happy they spelled my name right. [Smile]

--------------------
Rich Wiese

Spec Wrecker Ford

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: