Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » 2009 Runoffs News (Page 5)

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic
Page 5 of 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: 2009 Runoffs News
Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks paul,

but as far as your avatar... Hook 'Em Horns!!!!

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

Jamie Tucker Series Champ

ARRC 2010 Champ

Region: CFR
Car #: 97
Year : 1990/99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jamie Tucker     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Matt Reynolds:
Can I get a pm from Andrew Charbonneau if he is a member of this site?

I will have him get in touch with you!!! If he has not already.

--------------------
2010 ARRC Champion
2010 CFR Champion
2010 instigator of the year
2010/2011 Andrew Von C Wingman

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would to congratulate Steve Gorrarian and David Delgenio on winning the National Championship. They were fast all week and obviously put in the time and effort needed to accomplish the task at hand.

As far as my race goes, my car seemed to need 1.5/2 laps to come in. I run at 42/43 psi on the tires and until they get there, I find it hard to drive the car at the limit. First lap or two was a little sketchy, then the car was pretty good and finished up handling perfectly as I hoped it would. I was trying to be patient and when Matt went off at 14, I was right behind Todd thinking, wow, this exactly what we hoped for. [Big Grin] I pushed him for at least 3 laps with an occasional boost from Matt and we were just never able to close the gap. Steve didn't put a wheel wrong. With 2 or 3 or so to go, I bobbled at 12 and drove back to Todd and figured I had to make a run. I was able to gain a little, but it was a little too little and a little too late. [nope]

During the race I remember looking up at the mirror and thinking where did everyone go? I certainly expected Chip,Andrew and Sandlin to make strong charges from the rear. Apparently Crispin spun in the kink and checked up the field behind us. I saw Matt Reynolds in 5th for awhile , but no one else.
Also like to congratulate Matt and Todd, other than going two wide into 14 once, we all drove as a team pretty well. I have to say, it was very comfortable racing with them as we have all raced this way so many times before, I think it enabled us all to relax a bit and just drive. I was never concerned of a crazy dive bomb etc.

I would also like to congratulate Mike Collins on an excellent job in tech, very thorough and very professional.
Time for a few months off before Sebring
Thanks guys!
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

springfielddyno Verified Driver
Runoffs "MOVE OF THE RACE" (headlights)

Region: Ozark Mountain Region
Car #: 37, 31
Year : 96, 93
Icon 1 posted  Profile for springfielddyno   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
... Apparently Crispin spun in the kink...Jim

i bet that was a ride!

congrats to all...

--------------------
Regards,
Sam H.
www.springfielddyno.com

kverges Verified Driver

Icon 1 posted  Profile for kverges     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Crispin spun right behind me and I was all alone as I watched the 5-car 1999 train leave the station and waited for the next train to come on through. I have to say I was outclassed at least with equipment. I thought I drove OK, until the train came up from behind and I overdrove the car and went off in the carousel, although I think I just accelerated the inevitable set of passes. I could go 2:46 with a draft and timing things to roll speed through the corners, but 2:47s are all I had by myself. With my 1.6 I can't say I regret coming, as it was great to green flag race with all that talent, but I will not be back with this car.

--------------------
Keith Verges
Dallas
SM #61
SWDIV

Todd Lamb Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Playboy Mazda MX-5 Cup Champion 2009

Region: SE Div, Atlanta
Car #: EddieFur
Year : Party like it's ____
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Todd Lamb   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Steve, Drago, and Pombo for the podium runs! [Smile]

It was a long week, made even longer by the MX-5/Koni weekend just prior. It was surreal to climb out of the MX-5 on Saturday afternoon at Miller and be on track in the SM at Road America Sunday morning.

I had a pretty decent run - got up to second for a while but my handling was off from the drop of the green. Car was looooose and I could not get any forward bite off the corners. [Frown]

Thanks to OPM, Traqmate, East Street, Saferacer, and Cobalt Friction for what I'd consider a successful first Runoffs. I had a blast in the race and Pombo and I had a fun battle at the end.

It's pretty clear that the level of prep for this event is very high. An A game won't do it, you need A+++. I think we were there less the handling issue which I take full responsibility for.

I have to give another thanks to Drago, despite doing his thing to focus on winning, he took the time to make sure one of his customers (me) had an equal shot at the win by helping with a few tweaks during the week to find a few extra HP. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Mazdaspeed // SafeRacer // Traqmate // OPM Autosports // East Street Auto // Cobalt Friction
Racers Edge Motorsports Rolex GT RX-8 // i-MOTO Racing Conti Challenge MAZDASPEED3
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/toddspeed

Mitch Reading Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Philadelphia
Car #: 65
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mitch Reading     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Todd,
Can you share your thoughts on running the National SM series vs Pro mx-5 cup? Not so much the differences in cars, but what you like/dislike about the different series and competition levels?
I really respect your run at both championships, and wonder what you think as 2009 is almost over in kindsight.
If you only had the funds to take a run at one of the championships, in theory for 2010, what woud you run?

Mitch

--------------------
http://www.mitchum.ms

Gorilla Verified Driver Series Champ

Region: NER
Car #: 44
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gorilla     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I don't visit the site very often but I would like to thank those that congratulated me. David DelGenio and Brian Sansevero from Driven Performance made it happen for me. The setup was perfect and the car worked perfectly all week. David DelGenio is phenomenal to work with and i certainly would not have done it without him. David is the man.

I would like to congratulate and thank all the spec miata participants for the most exciting race of the weekend and keeping it clean. You can have an SM race at RA go green for the distance when the best try their best. And boy did we need it to stay green at the end.

Jim, I was there last year and I know youíll be back stronger than ever next year. You ran a great race coming on strong at the end. Matt, great racing with you yet again and you and your Dad are quite a team. Todd, you did a great job and were fast all week in all conditions.

To set the record straight:

The exhaust pipe was wrapped from the catalytic converter back with the total diameter less then the allowable 2.25" ( I don't know anything about the rules but David does). Jim Drago saw the pipe and did not think it was illegal and he submitted a witness statement on my behalf and I would like to thank him, he told that was not the way he wanted to win. Mike Collins, Tom Fowler and Dave Wheeler of the SMAC examined the pipe and went to the Chief Steward on my behalf to explain the rule and ask for the CSA to be withdrawn based on the committee's interpretation of the rule they wrote. The race was won on the track and all of the top cars were found to be compliant. Ty Till once again did an outstanding job with the compliance testing and adding Mike Collins from the SMAC kept everyone in check.

The cylinder head on my race winning car was built by Jim Stewart who built an engine for one of my two cars. Karl Zimmerman came to town to work on the other engine for me and mate the head to the bottom end. I want to thank Jim for his fine craftsmanship and great efforts on getting us the right head. I want to thank Karl for coming in on short notice and for his hard work and efforts and helping David put it all together. Karl worked extremely hard on this for us.

I need to thank:

My wife Carine, my family, and my friends. Without their support i wouldn't have the time for the effort it takes to get it done in SM. Kenny Payson for all the years of mentoring.

David DelGenio
Driven Performance

Tim Buck
MAZDA

Karl Zimmerman
ART

Jim Stewart
Stewart Engines

Jim Drago
Ty Till
Jim Everett
Dennis Dean
Jerry Wanarka
Mike Collins
Tom Fowler
Dave Wheeler
The SCCA

Phil's Tire Service (Phil, Kim, Mike, and Lizzy)
Hawk Brakes
Buzz Thru Coffee (Bruce, MaryJane, Cory)
Back Street Performance (Rich, Eric, and the guys)

Dave Woodle
DWW Motorsports

Leos Kubic
David Foote

And anyone else I may have forgotten. Thanks to all for the clean racing, now on to the Mazda shoot out.

Thanks,

Steve
2009 SCCA SM National Champion

--------------------
Steve Gorriaran
2009 SCCA SM National Champion
2009 NASA E2 Champion 25-Hours of Thunderhill

www.gorillaracing.com

John@P1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Metro NY
Car #: 09
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John@P1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congratulations Steve!

--------------------
John C. Kuitwaard
Team Principal/Driver
www.P1-MotorSports.com
www.Owater.com
www.AlexsLemonade.org

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats Steve
you were the man to beat on the dry track and in the rain. And it was fun to watch. Did not see a single mistake.

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Way to go Steve and David, you did the northeast proud.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Nice job Steve and everyone who helped you to win the championship!

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

mat pombo Verified Driver

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 01
Year : '90 & '99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What a cool week! I had some ups and downs. Tested well, broke a caliper behind Gorriaran on monday and almost took us both out, and qualifying was an adventure. Through it all I have to thank my dad for getting the setup great and his continued support. Also, thanks to my brother for letting me drive his rocketship this year while he played in the TDI cup. Given my luck at the past runoffs, to qualify second and finish third is a great result.

Congrats to Steve, Jim, Todd and everyone else who made the trip. I hope we can get our fields back up next year to the 50 mark as we have in the past. The track rocks and I hope more will make the trip next year.

Todd, it was great to race door to door with you on the last lap. You have gotten the better of me all year, so it felt nice to steal one back:) Make us proud next year in World Challenge.

I would like to give Mike Rossini a big shout out for his continued support and development this year to make sure I had the best power at the runoffs. And he did not disappoint! Get your Rossini Race Product powerplants as I have had three this year, all of which made more power than the previous one.

The Puskar's and my Carbotech brake package specially developed for the weekend were awesome. Without the carbotech compound, I'm not sure I could have passed Todd so deep into turn 1 on the last lap. Not only are you guys great friends, but are always there to help with new brake pad development.

I had a blast this week and can't wait till next year.

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Steve, Jim, Matt, and Todd. Very Impressive Race throughout the event.

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

bcmazda Verified Driver

Region: North East
Car #: 08,63,67
Year : 2008,1999,1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bcmazda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Steve

Congrats on the outstanding results at Road America. As fast as you are in the dry, the display you put on in the rain on Tuesday was something to see. Must be all that driving in the snow we get up here in the Northeast!!!

Enjoy the year as Champ!! [thumbsup]

Hugh

--------------------
Ryan, Craig and Hugh McHaffie
NER #08, #63,#67

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I would like to say this was my first time at RA and my first Runoff's.The track is great and huge holy crap huge!

It was a little hard to get onto the track for the first time in pouring rain,didn't help me to learn the track.The second and third day was nice (no rain).I started the race 35 out of 38
[banghead] and got held up on the start,by T1 I was last.It was a great race in the back of the pack with tons of passing and side by side racing.If I wasn't held up I'm sure I would have been in the next group.

I would like to say I had a great time and it was nice to put a face with the names on this sight.I will be back for next year for sure,and I will be ready this time! [yep]

I would like to thank everybody at Carbotech for making this possible for me,you guy's and gal's are second to none!

I would like to also thank Dave J,Howard M,my brother Ron K for all the help in the pits!
My wife kid's and parent's for being there for me throughout the season!

PS Drago it's not nice of you Mark B and Chip to pick on Danny like that! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

38BFAST Verified Driver

Region: Waterford Hills
Car #: 38
Year : 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for 38BFAST     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by B(Kuch) Kucera 45:
I would like to say this was my first time at RA and my first Runoff's.The track is great and huge holy crap huge!

It was a little hard to get onto the track for the first time in pouring rain,didn't help me to learn the track.The second and third day was nice (no rain).I started the race 35 out of 38
[banghead] and got held up on the start,by T1 I was last.It was a great race in the back of the pack with tons of passing and side by side racing.If I wasn't held up I'm sure I would have been in the next group.

I would like to say I had a great time and it was nice to put a face with the names on this sight.I will be back for next year for sure,and I will be ready this time! [yep]

I would like to thank everybody at Carbotech for making this possible for me,you guy's and gal's are second to none!

I would like to also thank Dave J,Howard M,my brother Ron K for all the help in the pits!
My wife kid's and parent's for being there for me throughout the season!

PS Drago it's not nice of you Mark B and Chip to pick on Danny like that! [Big Grin]

Kuch your race was a blast to watch. I think you were having more fun than the guys at the pointy end. Well done!

--------------------
Ralph Provitz
2008 WHRRI SM Champion
2008 WHRRI Top 10 Overall
V2 Motorsports, Race support, Data Dude

Weekend Warrior Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Racing to Cure ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)

Region: WDCR
Car #: 56 "Earl"
Year : 1990, 1999 soon to be SM
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Weekend Warrior   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I wish I was able to see the race. I am told that Steve ran as close to perfect a race as anyone could be expected. Silky smooth was the way it described to me, Congrats to Steve and Dave and all that helped him get there.

A big congrats to Jim, Mat, Todd and all the drivers that finished. It is a big task to get there, race and drive the car back on the trailer, way to go all of you!

--------------------
http://www.olsinvestfinancial.com
http://www.alsinfo.org
http://www.weekendwarriorracing.com

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Olson:
I wish I was able to see the race. I am told that Steve ran as close to perfect a race as anyone could be expected. Silky smooth was the way it described to me, Congrats to Steve and Dave and all that helped him get there.

A big congrats to Jim, Mat, Todd and all the drivers that finished. It is a big task to get there, race and drive the car back on the trailer, way to go all of you!

Trust me. None of those guys drove a their cars on trailer. I promise they were all in boxes after tech.

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

backusm Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ

Region: CenDiv
Car #: 94
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for backusm     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by mat pombo:

Get your Rossini Race Product powerplants as I have had three this year, all of which made more power than the previous one.

I'm just trying to run on one engine. Back of the pack for me. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Mike Backus
90 SM white #94

CarbotechDanny Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: NeOhio
Car #: 26, 27 or 29
Year : 2001
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CarbotechDanny   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
The Puskar's and my Carbotech brake package specially developed for the weekend were awesome. Without the carbotech compound, I'm not sure I could have passed Todd so deep into turn 1 on the last lap. Not only are you guys great friends, but are always there to help with new brake pad development.

I had a blast this week and can't wait till next year.

Thanks Mat, you're a class act. What a great weekend. First, congrats to Steve G. on a well earned win. He was fast all week and drove a near perfect race.

It was great fun watching Drago, Pombo, and Lamb battle it out for second place. Especially Pombo and Lamb during the final two laps or so! Matt Reynolds drove a great race as well but once he lost the draft he couldn't catch back up. Reynolds kept the leaders in his sight just waiting for them to make a mistake so he could be right back on them, but they didn't make any mistakes.

Congrats to all the Carbotech drivers including Mat Pombo, Matt Reynolds, Jim Drago, Steve Ott, Shawn Slattery, Mark Bennett (sorry for the bad luck), Dave Watts, Bob Kucera, and to the rest throughout the field.

Crispin Beaver, it was great to meet you and I enjoyed working with you last week. Glad you liked the brake pads. I had a lot of fun hanging out with John Phillips, Joe McClughan, Ed, and Aaron McSpadden throughout the week as well. Love those guys from Texas!

It was great to see Ty and Mike Collins again. From my point of view they did an excellent job in tech. Nice job guys! It was a fun week as always, especially with the SM group. Canít wait to see you all again and hopefully more next year at the Runoffs. Great event. I would also like to say that it was great being back at a world class facility like Road America for the SCCA Runoffs! [yep]

--------------------
Danny Puskar (push-car)
Carbotech Performance Brakes
4031 Dearborn Place N.W.
Concord, NC 28027
877-899-5024
danny@ctbrakes.com
http://www.ctbrakes.com

Puskar Motorsports
Spec Miata specialists
Chesterland, OH
216-406-8140

DaveC Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Milwaukee/Midwestern Council
Car #: 23
Icon 1 posted  Profile for DaveC     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Kuch,

Sorry for the start. I missed the shift, 5th gear never works on that hill... there must have been some others too though since I wasn't losing ground to the car in front of me (not sure who it was).

--------------------
Dave Cox

Matt Reynolds

Region: Southwest
Car #: 74
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Matt Reynolds     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It was a great week for me. A lot more rewarding compared to last year. Although I finished 5th, I do have some people that I would like to publicly thank for making it happen.

Prodigy Motorsports (Chris Campbell, Eddie Williams, Danny Byars) for the incredible commitment to car preparation and setup every weekend. Bob Thorton and Race Engineering consistently build competitive legal engines that perform well over par. The on track support at the Runoffs was professional and impressive. If anyone is looking for an engine builder next year, Race Engineering is the way to go. Danny and everyone else at Carbotech Brakes. I wouldn't be able to slow down that RE powered car without your brake pads. Consistent and firm brake pedal at every touch of the pedal. Would not be able to do as well as I do without your support.

Hallett Motor Racing Circuit for having the best track food and being the the best track in the country.

Roger Bryan, John Phillips, Mike Samis, Bob Stretch, Blake Clements, Jim Drago, Eric Foss, Jason Saini, Charlie James, and Jim Daniels, thank you for showing me the art of racecraft. I have learned more from yall than I could ever find at Skip Barber or an equivalent program.

I need to thank my friends, which are more like family to me. Taylor, Raleigh, Logan, Adam, Chase, Jaxson, Bates, Nick and Tommy Mazal (C4), Beau, Greg, Kenny and Renee McGonigle, Bonecutter, Fuentes, Joel Benni, Joel Ballard, Jared Currey, Isabel, Mallory and any one else that has ever said, "How'd the race go." Thank you all.

Josh, Mark, Jonny (from Nothing More.) My old band mates that respected my decision to race instead of pursue a career in music. Zach, Jr, Catalini, Buffaloe for making great music and being great friends.

Last but not least I need to thank the ones that make this all happen for me. My father, David Reynolds, who introduced me to this sport and provides me with the support to run competitively year after year. He is my role model, my hero, and my favorite racer. If I have half the racing stories he has I will be happy with my career in the sport. My brother, who used to race along side me. I would not have had the motivation to develop as a driver and set quicker lap times if I was not trying to beat him.

I know this post is a little sappy, but I would not have had such an incredibly and impeccable season without all the people that make my racing effort possible. Although I did not win the runoffs, a perfect season and earning the most points out of any class in the SCCA is something I am proud of.

Once again, thank you all.
-Matt Reynolds

--------------------
Reynolds Brothers Racing/Prodigy Motorsports/Race Engineering/Carbotech Brakes

POWERSS Verified Driver

Region: SOPAC
Car #: 81
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for POWERSS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Since this is turning into the thank you page I wanted to give some of my own.

I wanted to thank my Dad who has given up a significant amount of his time from his retirement to support me as Crew Chief, Engine Builder, Chassis Setup and Transport Driver, Ö.. among many other things. I know you enjoy it too but it's still is a lot of work.

Jim Warinner @ Arizona Truck Parts who took a big risk with possibly very little upside and loaned me a very competitive and beautiful car for the Runoffs. It easily had the potential to finish top five. You are definitely a man of your word and if you ever need a character witness, not that you will, you can definitely give me a call.

Last, but definitely not least, my Wife and Kids. Even though a day at the track is not the most interesting thing for them, the support they have to let me spend money and time away at the track doing something that love is truly appreciated.

Steve Powers
at the Runoffs #0 Blue/Yellow 10th Aniversary Miata

--------------------
2009 SOPAC Division Champion

Mr ED

Region: lonestar
Car #: 11
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mr ED     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Congrats to Steve and David for a truly solid run all week long [thumbsup]

Atta boys to Jim, Matt,Todd, and Matt R you guys raced well.

I think Road America is an awesome venue.
It was great to see many old friends and long time sM guys plus meet some new ones [Big Grin]

As always Ty was a pro and Mike Collins did a great job as well!

It was an honor to crew for James York and Aaron McSpadden, You guys are great.

Keith I am also honored that you chose me to to work with on the 99. Bad luck was a tuff cookie to swallow for me,there are no excuses for failure.

Best regards to all! [thumbsup]
Ed Gilfus

--------------------
Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care!
ww.gilfusracing.com

Icon 1 posted  Profile for mat pombo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by backusm:
quote:

Get your Rossini Race Product powerplants as I have had three this year, all of which made more power than the previous one.

I'm just trying to run on one engine. Back of the pack for me. [Big Grin]
Mike, the beauty of Rossini being a new builder is we help all his customers with development. The fact that I got three this year means that you can buy one now and get my third generation of development in your car for the same price. My point was not to say you need three engines, it's just to say that he is constantly getting his customers more power..

Mat

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

^^^ as fast a racer the good Dr is with Rossini power, (fastest race lap at the RunOffs) ...
just think what Mark ( his faster younger brother ) could have done in that car ...
[burst] [yep] [duck]

Funny! You crack me up, Carlos! Wait til we are both there next year! Draft help.....

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good one Carlos!!!
suspect that with the comment above, the ol' Road Atlanta Pombo train will be strong at the at the other RA track next year!!! Better watch your back when that train comes on down the track!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

guest driver

Region: 011
Car #: 47
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for guest driver     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

^^ been there before, Rd Atl SARRC, Feb '05 ...
only way to keep up with the Pombo bullet train was with a tow rope ... [Smile]
T Bee, Sandlin, big cat Gatto ... all easy to hang with at Rd Atl compared to those two ...
just messin with ya Mat, ya'll give a brotha some slack next year ...
sides, i hear Mark's going Koni racing next year with Freedom. DerekFSU would be wise to sign him up quick, put the 'real deal' in one of his cars ...
[thumbsup]

B(Kuch) Kucera 45 Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NeOh
Car #: 45
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B(Kuch) Kucera 45   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by DaveC:
Kuch,

Sorry for the start. I missed the shift, 5th gear never works on that hill... there must have been some others too though since I wasn't losing ground to the car in front of me (not sure who it was).

Dave,no problem it happen's.I wasn't mad at all and I had a great time.I will be back next year that's for sure.I'm sorry I didn't come by to introduce myself,I had to get on the road right away.I hope you had a good race!

--------------------
Bob
!KUCH!

"All my drinking buddies have a racing problem"

motorrock

Region: DC Region
Icon 1 posted  Profile for motorrock     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by bcmazda:
Steve

Congrats on the outstanding results at Road America. As fast as you are in the dry, the display you put on in the rain on Tuesday was something to see. Must be all that driving in the snow we get up here in the Northeast!!!

Enjoy the year as Champ!! [thumbsup]

Hugh

[Smile]

--------------------
philstireservice.com
philstireservice@aol.com

Tom Sager Made Donation to Website

Region: Chicago
Car #: 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Tom Sager     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Fantastic job by the top 4 who were the class of the field and also everyone that finished in the top ten. No small feat in this crowd and there are other great cars and drivers further down the list. This class continues to shine within the club in terms of participation, parity and fun. It ain't perfect but as the saying goes, "where would you rather be than right here right now" on race day. We're a lucky bunch when you consider the great tracks, cars, events and people that are involved. No offense to any golfers out there, but I hope I never get serious about that game.

Page 5 of 5 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: