Spec Miata Community
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
  
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

This topic has been moved to Spec Miata.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » ARRC 2010 S M X

| Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: ARRC 2010 S M X
JIM DANIELS
Guest


Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Bring your '99

Bring your '06+ SSB car

Bring your MX-5 Cup car

Mix it up with the best a Miata has ever seen!

NO MIATA track record will stand, this will be be the fastest Miata racing short slicks and chop tops!!

THIS IS SMX


 -
 -
 -

Pick one of the above, apply the weight and plate that mates, get ready to learn your fate.

This is not an idea, this is reality [yep]

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Posts: 3727
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's the REAL DEAL! I will be there next year!

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

B Wilson Verified Driver Series Champ
Gold Member

Region: Oregon
Car #: 68
Year : 91
Posts: 2359
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for B Wilson   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Cool, can we have our class back now [duck] [laughing] [duck]

--------------------
Bruce Wilson
2010 Oregon Region Champ
2010 Monte Shelton Driver of the Year
2010 25 Hours of Thunderhill E3 and Under 2 liter Overall Champion
Oregon Region SM Class Advisor

Butch Kummer
Member

Region: Atlanta
Posts: 236
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

This is an extension of the concept Drago floated earlier and we still need to work out the details, but SMX WILL be a part of the 2010 ARRC by GRM. This will provide a place to "eXperiment" with new rules, it'll give the guys that participate in the Runoffs a place to compete at the ARRC, and (most important to me) it will bring more people to one of the best shows on the SCCA calendar.

And no, you guys will NOT have to race at 8 AM in 2010!

Butch Kummer
Chairman of the ARRC by GRM Committee

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Moderator

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Posts: 1756
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sounds like a great idea. MAZDA should take a look at really stepping up at this event. I know they have been a faithful sponsor for several years, but the ARRC deserves a RunOffs type presence from MAZDA. Parts trailer, promotional type stuff, technical advise, etc. The Mazda racers really turn out for ARRC and do a great job of representing a great brand. Yeah the ROs is a great event with national implications, but the ARRC has a different feel that combines serious "balls to the wall" racing with a party atmosphere that can't be beat. Atlanta Region goes out of its way to make every participant a winner. If you are a racer (and especially a MAZDA racer) or a worker ARRC is THE EVENT.
Say there Mazda.......how about slipping ARRC on MAZDA steroids into the 2010 promo budget. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Jerry Cabe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Member

Region: Cincy / Great Lakes Div
Car #: 10
Year : 1991
Posts: 503
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jerry Cabe   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Butch Kummer:


And no, you guys will NOT have to race at 8 AM in 2010!

Butch Kummer
Chairman of the ARRC by GRM Committee

But Butch; I thought that the conclusion for the close, but clean SM racing at this year's ARRC was because the SM drivers were either still asleep or hung over. Or do you mean that the SMX's won't have to race at 8:00? [Smile]

--------------------
Just driving SM until the F-1 car is ready.

JIM DANIELS
Guest


Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by IPRESS:
Sounds like a great idea. MAZDA should take a look at really stepping up at this event. I know they have been a faithful sponsor for several years, but the ARRC deserves a RunOffs type presence from MAZDA. Parts trailer, promotional type stuff, technical advise, etc. The Mazda racers really turn out for ARRC and do a great job of representing a great brand. Yeah the ROs is a great event with national implications, but the ARRC has a different feel that combines serious "balls to the wall" racing with a party atmosphere that can't be beat. Atlanta Region goes out of its way to make every participant a winner. If you are a racer (and especially a MAZDA racer) or a worker ARRC is THE EVENT.
Say there Mazda.......how about slipping ARRC on MAZDA steroids into the 2010 promo budget. [thumbsup]

1 up

Butch Kummer
Member

Region: Atlanta
Posts: 236
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Butch Kummer   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Jerry Cabe:
But Butch; I thought that the conclusion for the close, but clean SM racing at this year's ARRC was because the SM drivers were either still asleep or hung over. Or do you mean that the SMX's won't have to race at 8:00? [Smile]

If I have my way, the earliest race on Saturday will be in the 9:00 AM vicinity. That should be plenty of time for Group 1 (whoever that is) to finish their Wheaties and get ready to rock & roll.

More later...

BK

--------------------
Atlanta Region Asst. RE, Competition Director

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Posts: 671
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If this class gets any bigger than just the ARRC, I'd like to see the NA 1.8 included as well. After all, it runs the same gear as the '99 now. [Wink]

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Posts: 3336
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Funny Sean, I always thought the class split would be the 1.6 splitting away from everybody else, not everybody else splitting away from the 1.6. [Wink] [duck] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Sean Yepez Verified Driver
Team Keeblerspeed

Region: SF
Car #: 94
Year : 94
Posts: 671
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Yepez     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Pat Newton:
Funny Sean, I always thought the class split would be the 1.6 splitting away from everybody else, not everybody else splitting away from the 1.6. [Wink] [duck] [Big Grin]

The next step is clearly putting 1.8's in every 1.6. [Big Grin]

--------------------
2008 San Francisco Region SMT Champion

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Year : 1999
Posts: 4275
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Yepez:
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Newton:
Funny Sean, I always thought the class split would be the 1.6 splitting away from everybody else, not everybody else splitting away from the 1.6. [Wink] [duck] [Big Grin]

The next step is clearly putting 1.8's in every 1.6. [Big Grin]
[scratchchin] You mean like get all the cars on the same gear, then the same suspension and then give a three year notice to give a full three seasons to the 1.6 owners so they could suck all the life out of their engine before converting their car to a 1.8? Then run the 90/97 1.8 cars with no plate and 99/00 with 45 mm and 01/05 with 47 mm? And drop the 90-97 to 2300 lbs and the 99/05 to 2375lbs.... With very defined engine rules we would have SRF but cooler and while cars would look a little different they would perform identically, not close? Is that what you guys are saying? [Wink]
Nah, that would never work, what are you guys thinking. It is still far more fun having this parity fight year after year. [Wink] [boggled]

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Pat Newton Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Enduro addict

Region: Northwest, Oregon
Car #: 79
Year : 90
Posts: 3336
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Pat Newton   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I hate to admit it Jim, but I do see the 1.6 going the way of the Spec RX-7 at some point in the not-too-distant future. If the rules came about as you describe, I'd probably buy a completed '99 SM and sell off my 1990 as an ITA car or something rather than go through all the trouble to make it a "1999-in-a-1990-suit."

Sorry for the hijack JD, now back to the crazy-expensive SMX class discussion. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Crew Chief, 3D Racing #64, aka Team Scrappy 2.0
3rd place E2, 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Crew Chief, EGR/Miller Motorsports #64, aka Team Scrappy
E2 Champions, 2008 25 Hours of Thunderhill

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Posts: 1907
Status: Offline
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:
Originally posted by Sean Yepez:
quote:
Originally posted by Pat Newton:
Funny Sean, I always thought the class split would be the 1.6 splitting away from everybody else, not everybody else splitting away from the 1.6. [Wink] [duck] [Big Grin]

The next step is clearly putting 1.8's in every 1.6. [Big Grin]
[scratchchin] You mean like get all the cars on the same gear, then the same suspension and then give a three year notice to give a full three seasons to the 1.6 owners so they could suck all the life out of their engine before converting their car to a 1.8? Then run the 90/97 1.8 cars with no plate and 99/00 with 45 mm and 01/05 with 47 mm? And drop the 90-97 to 2300 lbs and the 99/05 to 2375lbs.... With very defined engine rules we would have SRF but cooler and while cars would look a little different they would perform identically, not close? Is that what you guys are saying? [Wink]
Nah, that would never work, what are you guys thinking. It is still far more fun having this parity fight year after year. [Wink] [boggled]

YES! You can dooo eeeeet!

   

   Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: