Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » SPEED TV to show BTCC, DTM and V8 Supercars starting Dec. 5th

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SPEED TV to show BTCC, DTM and V8 Supercars starting Dec. 5th
Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

According to Speed TV's online schedule, and a press release from the 24th the network is going to show this seasons BTCC and DTM starting Saturday the 5th. No idea on the extent of the coverage, but I highly doubt it will be the complete race. Highlights from all three races per round in a one hour show most likely.

As far as v8 Supercars, there was a press release on the 24th saying they formed a new 3-year partnership with speed to show coverage of each race one weekend after it happened. We are suppose to get a teaser from the season finale on Dec. 12-13th, however it is not on the schedule yet.

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Looks like it may not be ALL of the racing but they are showing 1 hour shows on Saturday for BTCC and DTM. First 3 Saturday's are showin a BTCC and DTM round, Christmas is reserved for a return to retard land with Gearz and Putzes all out.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I think Speed just goes out and buys the season in review DVD for these series and plays that... haha. Cost them $19.99USD.

It was an awesome season in BTCC, you guys should make an effort to watch it.

Colin MacLean Verified Driver
Fly Fifer

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Colin MacLean     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I was seriously considering dropping DirecTV and going with bunny ears because Speed was the only reason I went with them and the last two seasons of Speed has been terrible. Half-assed World Challenge coverage, hardly any Koni races, no BTCC, no DTM, no V8 Supercars, no MX-5 Cup...

They may have just redeemed themselves [Smile]

--------------------
Colin MacLean
Flyin' MacLean Motorsports

thewolf

Icon 1 posted  Profile for thewolf   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The last time time speed showed v8 supercars I looked up the prodution company. The only thing they listed for international disturbution was one hour coverage for the sprint rounds and two hours for the enduros. So it may not be all speeds fault on the lack luster coverage. Hey don't get me wrong Pinks shows bore the shit out of me, but I don't think there are enough people like use to get the cool races from around the world aired on tv. I will take what I can get for now and hope there is a network out there with a speed vision.

--------------------
Mark
http://www.p1-2day.com
The source for indoor karting
http://www.driverelement.com

John Hammer Palazzolo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
I'm not slow, I'm maximizing my track time!

Region: NASA SE
Car #: 88
Year : '90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Hammer Palazzolo   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've been tempted to start a new Facebook page simply titled "ABP"...

ANYTHING But Pinks.

I dig drag racing as much as the next guy, but it's on ALL THE TIME.

Note to advertisers: there are a ton of us who'll buy your products when you sponsor road racing shows!

--------------------
John "Hammer" Palazzolo

Automotive Event Facilitator
Performance Driving Instructor
JohnHammer.org
877.HEY.0005

jatterbu Verified Driver

SMIM: AIM: advanwrx86
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jatterbu   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't forget that VW TDi Cup starts airing on SPEED on December 6th at 5pm eastern time. They are covering the first 4 races in 30 minute segments, then more aired on the 7th with more to be announced.

--------------------
Joey
Car #69
White and Red
http://www.joeyatterbury.com

Juan Pineda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 34
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Juan Pineda   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

When will the Runoffs be aired?

--------------------
www.ArtOfRoadRacing.com Race Craft Clinic - Thunderhill - 30 Jan 2011

Apex to Apex

Region: NASA Mid-West
Car #: 077
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Apex to Apex     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks for the 411. I'll be on the lookout.

If you're up late Saturday nights/early Sunday morning you can catch "Mobil One's, The Grid". It's an international motorsports show.

Maybe Ken Stout can get more amature stuff aired on Vs. Ken Stout's business was the one that got the SM NASA Nationals this year aired on Vs.

Who hasn't complained about the lack of road racing on SPEEED.

More American manufacturers and drivers in ALMS, Koni, Grand Am would definitely help. A Trans-Am Series with Camaro's, Challengers and Mustang's would also get more Americans into it. Rumor was Dale Sr. really wanted to drive for Corvette Racing in the ALMS. An Audi pit guy at RA told me about that. The ALMS would be more popular now had Dale gotten into it.

--------------------
"Driving is a serious business" - John Milner, 'American Graffiti'

scott adams

Region: sjr
Car #: emra 91
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for scott adams     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

no run offs on speed
they were streamed on the internet and are available as a dvd package through the scca

don't know if scca or speed are the bad guys

do know that last years dvd package was very good

scot adams

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: