Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » GCR input

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: GCR input
d mathias Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 88
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for d mathias     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

As I'm sure most of you who compete in the SCCA have, I received a letter requesting my urgent input. Do i want a printed GCR, a CD, or will an on-line version suffice? I'm all for not wasting paper, but what happens at the track when I need to access the GCR for, I don't know, maybe a protest, or impound ask me to produce one, and all I've got is a CD or a pdf. By the way I don't own a laptop and probably won't anytime soon. I could print the on-line version but that defeats the purpose of saving paper and money. Any 'rules gurus' care to offer an opinion?

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I went with the download option. The paper version will still be available after 2010....you will just have to pay for it.

--------------------
Paul McLester

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I went download also. I have a racing laptop that this file will be placed on.

If you don't have a laptop and need a rules reference there will be definitely be someone else there that has a laptop you can look at.

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I went for the CD option b/c I've always got my laptop with me at the track. Half the tracks up here in the northeast still don't have wireless internet, so the link option doesn't seem too viable if the GCR needs to be accessed from the track.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Richard Pressman Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: WDC
Car #: 87
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Richard Pressman     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

It's probably a pretty safe bet that most GCR's never get used much, if at all. If someone has chosen the download option they shouldn't be required to produce one at the track. As stated above that makes the "green" aspect of this effort a joke.

Why not just have a few GCR's available at tech and the tower as loaners. Either use them where they are or fork over a $25 deposit and use it in your paddock.

[twocents]

FastM3 Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 38
Year : 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for FastM3     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I agree with Richard. Our racing status within the club indicates that we are in 'possesion' of a GCR.
Heck...my wife and I get two as I am the associate member.
The physical copy can (should) be available at Tech or under possession of the Chief Steward.

--------------------
Phil
Silver 38 SM/ITA

Mark McCallister Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Just graduated from novice to rookie!!

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 40
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mark McCallister     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You don't even need a laptop to access the PDFs, just an iPhone or some other smart phone.

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Or just download the PDF's and save them. Then you have instant access and don't need an internet connection.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by davew:
Or just download the PDF's and save them. Then you have instant access and don't need an internet connection.

Dave

This is what I was planning on doing. Very cost effective.

Dan Cooper Verified Driver

Region: San Francisco
Car #: 35
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dan Cooper     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Pressman:
It's probably a pretty safe bet that most GCR's never get used much, if at all. If someone has chosen the download option they shouldn't be required to produce one at the track. As stated above that makes the "green" aspect of this effort a joke.

Why not just have a few GCR's available at tech and the tower as loaners. Either use them where they are or fork over a $25 deposit and use it in your paddock.

[twocents]

[thumbsup]

--------------------
Dan
--
Green Miata #35
Integriteam/Integratis

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Seems kinda academic to me ... I didn't take the plastic wrap off the last two versions I got. [Big Grin]
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: