Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » Wiper blades and arms

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Wiper blades and arms
rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Doing my first SM. Can anyone rec. wiper arms and blades. I assume the orig ones are pathetic at speed.
Thanks

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rain-x. They all suck at speed!

--------------------
Paul McLester

Lance Snyder Made Donation to Website
Administrator

Region: Atlanta
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Lance Snyder     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You can try running the stock ones or even aftermarket but as Paul pointed out... Rain-X is your best bet. Also anti-fog on the inside is paramount, you can be black flagged if it looks like you are struggling and we can barely see you through the front windshield.

--------------------
All this has happened before, and will happen again

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rain-X & antifog +1

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

Dainbramage

Car #: 78
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dainbramage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Don't listen to them... just go ace ventura style!

--------------------
Joe Self - NASA TX #78 Red/White

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'm changing out my RainX Latitude wipers before next season. They lift off the windshield at 80+. I'm going back to old school wipers with exposed framework.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Rye

Region: CACC British Columbia
Car #: 34
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Rye     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

A little trick I picked up from some rally guys,
shaving cream! If you don't have the anti-fog and you find that the windshield is fogging up (too late for the anti-fog) use some aerosol shaving cream on a paper towel. I was amazed at how well it cleared up the windshield, and kept it clear!

Now I keep a small can in the spares box for rainy days.

Richard

Frank Todaro

Region: Ohio Valley Region
Car #: 35
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Do they have an OEM wiper blade that has a little air foil on it?

--------------------
Frank
Member: No Pain Racing

rhart Verified Driver
Psycho Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 53
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for rhart     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I actually have a air foil on mine but it doesn't look like it would be good for much more than 30MPH. I'll try it next rain.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: