Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » Reg vs Natl participation #'s

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Reg vs Natl participation #'s
wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The national participation numbers have been out for awhile. The regional numbers, for all classes, will be up on SCCA.com in a day or so.
Nationals: 1095 total, over 71 races - average 15.4
Regionals: 3350 total, over 236 races - average 14.1

Add in regional, only, classes, over the 236 races:
SMT - 523 entries
SSM - 878 entries

How many SM cars ran regionally in the ITA class is anyone's guess. Look for the complete list in a few days.
wheel

David Dewhurst
Veteran Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for David Dewhurst     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Interesting data from that shown would be how many cars of each of the five spec lines raced. [yep]

--------------------
Have Fun [Wink]

David Dewhurst
CenDiv
Milwaukee Region
Spec Miata #14

Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Unfortunately, I don't think that data is readily available. Maybe it is somewhere in the deep dark recesses of the the entries. Somebody, without a real life, could mine those depths.
wheel

Johnny D Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Hot Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 88 SM
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

FYI, Brian @ MSR, (guess what) works at Motorsportreg.com. Not sure if he's a good miner for you.
J~

Andy Bettencourt Verified Driver
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Region: NER
Car #: 09 ITA
Year : 90, 91, 94 Rentals
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Andy Bettencourt   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How are you going to know what cars are SM's and what cars are real ITA cars?

--------------------
Andy Bettencourt
Flatout Motorsports
www.flatout-motorsports.com

Hot Member

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Johnny D     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Andy, if your speaking to me.
I don't know Brian, weather he can or would or how good his search engine is.
If everything happened... I would guess if they double dipped, SM/ITA, you could tell the difference.
J~

The numbers for ITA, which have no break down on make or prep level are:

2008 total entries (same 236 races) for 8.51 cars per event.
CenDiv 35
GL 184
MiDiv 135
NE 470
NORPAC 756
Rockies 24
SE 505
SOPAC 106
SW 93

You would have to comment on your division, based on how many of the ITA cars are SM's doing double duty. In Midiv, I would guess the numbers are pretty high.
wheel

Hot Member

So correct me, but a true ITA car would have headers, etc. and wouldn't be able to run SM.
J~

The key to it is that the ITA car "could" have headers. Many a pure SM car has run in ITA.

Hot Member

Well I thought Andy was looking for "real ITA cars" not "pure SMers"
J~

Whatever, I'm just reporting the numbers.

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I'd guess there are very few "pure ITA" Miatas. Most regions have the rule where if you double dip you have to do it in full SM trim (to make the whiner 1.6 owners happy [duck] ) Most of the ITA Miatas out there are people double dipping.

If you want a well prepped ITA car you're talking a whole different motor but around here at least 2 of the top 3 for ITA points were pure SM so why bother?

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Frank Todaro

Region: Ohio Valley Region
Car #: 35
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Frank Todaro     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Keith in WA:
I'd guess there are very few "pure ITA" Miatas. Most regions have the rule where if you double dip you have to do it in full SM trim (to make the whiner 1.6 owners happy [duck] ) Most of the ITA Miatas out there are people double dipping.

If you want a well prepped ITA car you're talking a whole different motor but around here at least 2 of the top 3 for ITA points were pure SM so why bother?

Can I ask a bad question hear then what are the ITA specs as compared to SM?

--------------------
Frank
Member: No Pain Racing

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: