Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Spec Miata 2001-2009 » SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series
Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey everyone,

Looks like we've had a major PR miss this week.

By now, many have seen the GCR and realize that Saferacer will be sponsoring national racers next year. This wasn't how we planned for the news to break to our customers, friends, and fellow competitors, but we will get a press release out hopefully as early as tomorrow.

Hard to believe that we got scooped by the once a year GCR. [Big Grin]

We are pleased to support this and other opportunities, along with the SCCA, to provide direct benefits to racers as well as the club, and to continue to associate our brand with grassroots racing.

We are just a bunch of racers at heart and longtime SCCA members and supporters.

We apologize for any heartburn that this is causing as it is really going to be a positive for all.

Thanks for all of your support over the years, we have the best customers and friends in the business,
Charlie James
President - SafeRacer

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Actually no, I didn't see anything?

Dave Gomberg

Region: WDC
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dave Gomberg     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

See pages 75-76 in the 2010 GCR.

Dave

Danny Steyn Verified Driver

Region: SE
Car #: 39
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Danny Steyn   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

thanks for your support Charlie - much appreciated by everyone!!!!

--------------------
Danny
http://www.dannysteyn.com
http://www.adeptstudios.com
OPM Autosports | Traqmate | Rossini Racing Engines
2010 June Sprints Champ, 2010 ARRC SMX Champ
2009 SARRC Champ, 2009 SEDiv ECR Champ, 2009 FES Champ
2008 SEDiv ECR Champ

SamBarnett Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: NASA MA / SCCA CCR
Car #: 6
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SamBarnett   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

What are the details of this? I don't have a 2010 GCR yet.

--------------------
Race Engineering - Championship Winning Engines
Carbotech Performance Brakes
CDOC

Unsafe Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Team Saferacer

Region: Kansas City
Car #: 70
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Unsafe     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The GCR just leaked the sticker. We are planning for a press release today if possible.

--------------------
Mike Asselta
http://www.saferacer.com

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thats awesome! I also noticed this buried in the new GCR:

As of 1/1/12, head and neck restraints meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 will be required.

Its about time, but I hope everybody is safe until that point.

db

Chris Topping

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 92
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Chris Topping     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks to Saferacer for thier ongoing support. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Chris Topping
CT Motorsports,Race Engineering, OPM Autosports

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by spdmonkey:

As of 1/1/12, head and neck restraints meeting SFI 38.1 or FIA 8858 will be required.

db

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

Drago Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: mid south
Car #: 2
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Drago   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:

db

Not all share your sentiments [Big Grin] I really think it is a good idea and have run a hans since 05. But you would be surprised how many wear H&N, but were against mandating it. Then you have the whole group of people who like the Isaac that will not be legal.
Jim
Jim

--------------------
Jim Drago
East Street Auto Salvage
jdrago1@aol.com
2006-2007 Mid-West Division
07,09 June Sprints Champion

EAST STREET RACING

wheel Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: kc
Car #: 20
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for wheel     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sam,
Here's the new GCR. You can download a pdf, or just go here and view it.

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%20Forms/20...ms/2010%20GCR-January.pdf

Here's the SM section, by itself:

http://cms.scca.com/documents/Club%20Forms/2010%20Tech%20Forms/sm-jan.pdf

Charlie,
"Hard to believe that we got scooped by the once a year GCR."

That one had me spew coffee on the keyboard.

wheel

spdmonkey Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: OVR
Car #: 08
Icon 1 posted  Profile for spdmonkey     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:

db

Not all share your sentiments [Big Grin] I really think it is a good idea and have run a hans since 05. But you would be surprised how many wear H&N, but were against mandating it. Then you have the whole group of people who like the Isaac that will not be legal.
Jim
Jim

Jim,
I was the guy that railed on the BOD and the CRB to make it happen last year at the National Convention. I also asked that the fee for SM be changed. now what do I do this year?????
db

fastbrewer

Region: Utah
Car #: 93
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for fastbrewer     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
now what do I do this year?????
db [/QB]

Shut up and Drive [Smash]

Just kidding db.

Back on topic, thanks to saferacer for all they do for us club racers. Great shipping and great prices on the things that I need [thumbsup]

-Jon

JIM DANIELS

Icon 1 posted    Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Only one more step to realize my dream for SM USA.

SAE113 Verified Driver

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 01 & 99
Year : '92 & '94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SAE113     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Drago:
quote:

db

Jim
Jim

Jim,
I was the guy that railed on the BOD and the CRB to make it happen last year at the National Convention. I also asked that the fee for SM be changed. now what do I do this year?????
db

Really?? Thanks now i know who to blame when i have to spend $700 for hans [Mad]

--------------------
Steven Elicati
'92 Protege ITA#01
'94 Miata ITA#99

Charlie James Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Team SafeRacer

Region: Neokla
Car #: 40
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Charlie James   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Here's the actual announcement.

TOPEKA, Kan. (Dec. 31, 2009) – Sports Car Club of America announced a multi-year partnership in which SafeRacer will become the title sponsor of the National Club Racing program. The approximately 70-race National program will be referred to as the “SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series” beginning in 2010.

“SafeRacer has supported the Club Racing program in various ways over the last several years and we’re excited that it has expanded its support to become the sponsor of the National Racing Series,” SCCA President and CEO Jeff Dahnert said. “One of our main focuses this year will be on developing partnerships that not only support SCCA’s business, but its participant members as well.”

As part of the sponsorship, SafeRacer will provide $15,000 in certificates to be distributed to class Champions in the nationwide point championship. The nationwide point Championship combines divisional Championship points and bonus points for the number of racers a driver finishes ahead of to crown one overall point Champion each year.

In addition, SafeRacer will offer direct product discounts to participants in the SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series.

“We are a company made up of SCCA racers and we’re excited to be able to support our fellow racers with the SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series,” SafeRacer CEO Charlie James said.

Racers competing in Nationally-sanctioned events will replace the traditional “SCCA Club Racing” decal with the new SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series decal as part of the program. Decals will be available soon at no charge for the first set and will be required for all races after March 1, 2010.

Profiles

SCCA
Founded in 1944, Sports Car Club of America, Inc. is a 50,000 member motorsports organization that incorporates all facets of autocross, rally and road racing at both club and professional levels. It annually sanctions over 2,000 events through its 114 regions and professional subsidiary. Landmark events and series for the Club include the SafeRacer SCCA National Racing Series; the Club Racing National Championship Runoffs® at Road America; and The Tire Rack® SCCA Solo National Championships and ProSolo Championship at Lincoln, Neb. For more information, please visit http://www.scca.com.

SAFERACER
Located in Neosho, Mo., SafeRacer is the country’s number one source for racing safety equipment. Featuring products from the highest quality manufacturers, including HANS, Alpine Stars, Sparco, Oakley, Arai, G-Force, Bell, Simpson and FAST, SafeRacer has a great variety of helmets, suits, gloves, shoes, underwear and seats for every budget. SafeRacer’s 25,000 square-foot facility includes more than $1million in inventory. To satisfy your safety needs, visit http://www.saferacer.com.

--------------------
www.SafeRacer.com
"Life is short, Eternity is forever"

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Good for SCCA...Good for Saferacer...as usual doesn't do anything for the majority of Club racers who run regionals. I do appreciate the SM discount which is why when I do buy anything I buy it from Saferacer.

--------------------
Paul McLester

SAE113 Verified Driver

Car #: 01 & 99
Year : '92 & '94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for SAE113     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

yeah us regional guys get no respect lol

--------------------
Steven Elicati
'92 Protege ITA#01
'94 Miata ITA#99

IPRESS Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: MidDiv / SOWDIV
Car #: #39
Year : 99 LS1 Miata
Icon 1 posted  Profile for IPRESS     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Charlie,
THANKS. You guys are the BEST!

--------------------
Mac Spikes
IPRESS Racing
MER
East Street Auto
SAFERACER
Hoosier
Carbotech
MotorSport Ranch
Cresson, Texas
"To hell with you Gen. Sheridan...I 'll take Texas!"

LOREN WALLACE IS MY HERO!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: