Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Need a quick answer on fuel filler neck mod.

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Need a quick answer on fuel filler neck mod.
Jeff@Jacks Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Houston
Car #: 62
Year : 1995
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff@Jacks   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've got the fuel filler neck out of the car to remove the unleaded fuel trap door. I noticed a plastic part in the bottom of the neck with a floating plastic ball in it. Is this something that should be removed at the same time as the trap door or is it required?

Thanks for you help. I'm trying to get this finished up today.

This board is great.

Jeff

--------------------
Jeff Holbrook
SM 62, SWDIV
"Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival." -- Winston Churchill

bwarden Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Atlanta
Car #: 66
Year : 92
Icon 1 posted  Profile for bwarden     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Jeff-

I never asked anybody, but it seems to me its a ball check to prevent gas runnout if you roll over. With no fuel cell, seemed like a good idea, and filling it up faster doesn't seem to matter, so I left mine in.

Anybody else?

Scott Malbon Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Blue Ridge Region (103), SEDiv
Car #: 52
Year : 94
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Scott Malbon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Yes, the plastic ball is a safety feature which prevents gas from getting out (we hope) in a roll over. Rules do not allow removing that.

Scott

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: