Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Belt recommendations

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Belt recommendations
skl

Region: DMVR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I need to update my belts this winter and would like a set with the 2" shoulder belts to work better with the HANS device. I have G-Force belts now that are expired but may want to try something else. Pegasus doesn't even seem to have 2" shoulder belt sets on their website.
What are you guys using?? And where do you get them?

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

Mike C Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
MegaModerator

Region: WDCR - 042
Car #: 75
Year : 93 & 95 & 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Mike C   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I use the Schroth Belts and am very happy with them, but at PRI I spent some time in the Safecraft booth and there product was very impressive. If I had to buy again it may depend on price between the two. I like the Schroth because you can get the laps in 2" or 3" pull up or down.

MEAT

--------------------
Mike Collins
MEATHEAD Racing
http://www.SHEETZ.com
The MEATHEAD Racing 2010 Calendar is up!!!!
www.MEATHEADRacing.com
SMAC Member
WDCR-SCCA SM Drivers Rep.
ALL OPINIONS ON RULES OR SPECIFICATIONS ARE JUST THAT, MY OPINIONS!

Blake Clements Verified Driver Series Champ
MegaModerator

Region: SW - Houston
Car #: 6
Year : 99, 96
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Blake Clements   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I have been happy with my SafeQuip HANS belts in my 1.6. I have G-Force in my new car and they seem really nice, but aren't 2".

--------------------
Blake Clements

PhillipsRacePrep/SP Induction Systems/East Street Racing/MiataCage.com/Carbotech/WBR Graphics

www.blakeclements.com

Cajun Miata Man Verified Driver
Overdog Driver

Region: Houston; SWDIV
Car #: 15
Year : 99
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Cajun Miata Man     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I also use the Safequip HANS belts and like them. Previously used Simpson.

--------------------
James York

sponsored by:
Stan's Auto Center, Lafayette LA
powered by:
East Street Racing, Memphis TN
set up guru:
Gilfus Racing, Austin TX

John Mueller Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Okay, not the slowest anymore...

Region: SoCal
Car #: 13
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John Mueller   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Sparco 6-point with 2" shoulder & 3" lap (made by Schroth ). Previously have used Schroth, G-Force and Impact, like these the best so far..

--------------------
Thanks,
John Mueller
NASA SM National Director
http://www.Weekend-Racer.com
#13 "Tiger Miata" - 2009 SoCal SSM Champion

jigou Verified Driver
Veteran Member

Region: Des Moines Valley
Car #: 59
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for jigou     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Stu, I believe KG and Volante both have the Schroth belts in their cars if you want to see before buying.

Jarrod

--------------------
http://www.plainoldgas.com

Phokaioglaukos Verified Driver

Region: Philadelphia and WDCR
Car #: Gone: 40 SSM
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Phokaioglaukos     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Can't beat the Schroth Hybrid II Hans-specific. Have two sets in my DE car and buying a set for the Miata.

--------------------
Chris

skl

Region: DMVR
Car #: 48
Year : 1996
Icon 1 posted  Profile for skl     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jarrod- I'll give 'em a call.

--------------------
stu- DMVR
#48 Gulf blue/orange

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Safecraft belts that Mike mentioned above are the nicest I have seen. They are pricey. The belt adjustment mechanism is a machined aluminum that works smoother than any other belt I have tried.

Safecraft also has a cam lock buckle, that incorperates the "tang" and adjuster as one piece. I have found this design very helpfull in small cockpits.

I have ordered a set for my personal car and will be adding them to my website and at the classified section by mid month.

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: