Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Two More Stupid Noobie Questions

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Two More Stupid Noobie Questions
Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1 - Where do you guys mount your GPS antenna(DL-1)? Was thinking of trying on the top of the cage under the fiberglass top. Will the signal strength be sufficient? Other options that work?

2 - Got Supertrapp for noise compliance where necessary. If I use a 2 foot section of flex pipe will that pass tech?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Kent Carter Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Future Never Has Been

Region: Houston
Car #: 91
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kent Carter   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

1. I put my G2X GPS antenna on the package shelf under the window. I get 8 to 9 satellites.

--------------------
Do I turn my 99 Hard S into a killerfast SM or seek a donor?

CP Verified Driver

Region: NER
Car #: 7
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for CP   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

^^^Same here.

--------------------
-Cy
Supported by LTD Racing & Speed Shack - New England's Premier Auto Accessory Store
Rt1 AutoMile - Norwood, MA
http://www.speedshackonline.com

Qik Nip Verified Driver Made Donation to Website Series Champ
Loose Member '09 & '10 Great Lakes Regional Points Champion

Region: Cincinnati Great Lakes
Car #: 60
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Qik Nip     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I put mine (G2X) on the windshield frame and tucked the wire into the seam between it and the top and then wire tied the wire to the cage, strung it under the passenger side dash and up through the center dash radio/heater pillar to the data logger display.
Rick

--------------------
Fortune Cookie Racing SM 60
Directions for use: Race, Rumple, Repair ... Repeat!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: