Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Caliper & Hub Compatibility & Legality

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Caliper & Hub Compatibility & Legality
Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Are front and rear calipers from a '95 or '96 compatible with a '91?

Are rear hubs from a '95 or '96 compatible with a '91?

Are both these swaps legal for SM?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

If I remember right if you order any new hub from Mazdacomp it will be the same number for the 89-93 and 94-97. When I bought my car before I started to build it it had the bigger na brakes. I have since gottent he proper brackets and calipers. Actually I bought a whole knuckle for the rt and lft. I just removed the caliper and brakets and installed the proper ones. I have not noticed any problems so far. So you should not any issues.

Have a great day,
Jared

Jfornachon Verified Driver

Region: socal
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jfornachon     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

That was for the front brakes I have no idea about the rear brakes.

Have a great day,
Jared

panic motorsports Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: SCR
Car #: 90
Year : 91
Icon 1 posted  Profile for panic motorsports   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Rear calipers are the same, front calipers are different. Brackets are different between 90-93 and 94-97. Hubs/knuckles will swap from 90-97 no problem, mechanically or legally, though the rear studs are different size. Info overload? [Smile]

--------------------
Steve and Becca Bertok
#90 SM 2008/2009 Carolina Cup Pro Series SM champions.
2010 VIR 13 hour enduro victorious! www.panicmotorsports.com
Need a salvage Miata part? We've got that!

davew Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: chicago
Car #: 72 and ?
Year : 90 and 90
Icon 1 posted  Profile for davew   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Front brakes: You must have the correct year(90-93 vs. 94+) pads, rotors, calipers and brackets. The spindles, hubs and lugs are all the same.

Rear: Calipers are all the same 90-05. Caliper brackets, pads and rotors are different 90-93 vs 94+.
90-97 rear uprights are all the same, as are the wheel bearings.
99+ uprights are different, but the bearings are the same. 99+ rear upright give a 10mm wider track and are not legal because of this.

90-93 rear hubs use a smaller hole for the studs than 94-05. Other than that they are interchangable. All new hubs are th 94+ design.

Hope that all helps

Dave

--------------------
Advanced Autosports, The Midwests leader in Spec Miata Service, Parts and Rentals
608-313-1230
Authorised Spec Miata service center
www.advanced-autosports.com

Kevin Marriner

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Kevin Marriner   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Is there an easy way to tell if you have old or new rear hubs?

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: