Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Fuel Capacity

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Fuel Capacity
Muda Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Region: WDC
Car #: #23
Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

How much fuel will a 1.6 take after it burps on track?

--------------------
Muda Motorsports
"We're all here 'cause we're not all there."

Jeff Longo Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: NER
Car #: 46
Year : 1993
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Jeff Longo     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Hey Muda,
I did a search and back in 2004 it was posted, the 1.6 capacity is 11.9 gallons and the car starves in hard corners, {big g-forces, not the one you find difficult [Big Grin] } with 3 gallons left. With that info, my guess is approx 9 gallons by the time you get to the pits. Find me @ WGI this weekend. Jeff

--------------------
LTD Racing
Chief Of Inappropriate Comments

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Muda     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Thanks Jeff.

My goal for the weekend is to make it stumble as early as possible.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

John@P1 Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Metro NY
Car #: 09
Icon 1 posted  Profile for John@P1   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

You must look to your master for advice young jedi!

--------------------
John C. Kuitwaard
Team Principal/Driver
www.P1-MotorSports.com
www.Owater.com
www.AlexsLemonade.org

planet-miata.com

Region: NEPA
Car #: #00
Year : 20th century
Icon 1 posted  Profile for planet-miata.com   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

muda, you can wait till it burps for most tracks that are 2-2.5 miles long.

if we're running the long course this weekend ( iassume we are) you better hope it doesn't burp coming out of 11. just ask soupy what happened when his 99 burped at the last turn and tried to make it just one more time around.

--------------------
#1 Supplier of New and Used Miata parts
http://WWW.PLANET-MIATA.COM

Marc Cefalo

#00 1996 ITA
#00 ???? SM

soupy

Region: Mohud
Car #: 98
Year : 1999
Icon 1 posted  Profile for soupy     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Actually the first burp was at turn one. It's a DAM LONG way around that track! Didn't make it.

--------------------
Charlie Campbell
Race Engineering
carbotech brakes

Sean Allen Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Veteran Member

Region: SFR
Car #: 54!
Year : 90'
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sean Allen   Author's Homepage     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've come into the paddock with less then a half gallon in the tank.

Dusty Bottoms Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
99 all the way!

Region: Lone Star
Year : 1990
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty Bottoms     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I've come in with about a pint. If it burps, DO NOT SKIP THE PITS. Don't ask me how I know. [Smile]

--------------------
"Your victory is tainted! Asterisk! Asterisk!!!"--Lisa Simpson

ComingToAMirrorNearYou

OK master, 10.5 gallons.
I still think your range is optimistic.
But what the hell do I know, it's my first enduro.

I am but a grasshopper in the land of masters whose meager wish is to keep his decrepit heap in front of Mike & Marc.

--------------------
Muda Motorsports

Sphinx Verified Driver
M. Yusuf Mohamed

Icon 1 posted  Profile for Sphinx     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I know that fuel consumption can vary widely, but about how many mile do you get out of full tank? I'm trying to figure out pit windows for an enduro.

--------------------
Sphinx Racing
Atlanta Region
http://www.sphinxracing.com
http://www.layersdesserts.com
Support our racing efforts by shopping at your favorite online merchants at SphinxRacing.com!

Gatoratty Verified Driver Made Donation to Website

Region: Central Florida
Car #: 3
Year : 1992
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Gatoratty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I used 10mpg and for a safety factor used 11 gal tank capacity. I was able to run a 90 min enduro with no refueling and ended on empty (one full course caution). By the way when you fill your tank make sure you can see gas in the filler neck ( a friend stopped when the gas overflowed...got to the grid and noticed his gauge was at 3/4 tank!) Not good when you didn't plan on refueling.

I use my avg lap time from qualifying and the course length to figure out gallons needed. I didn't have any starvation problems and was running Sebrin 12 hr course which has several hard g force corners.

--------------------
Paul McLester

Keith in WA Verified Driver Made Donation to Website
Pack Fodder

Region: NWR / Oregon
Car #: 88
Year : 95
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Keith in WA     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I estimate fuel using 9 gallons/hr rather than by milage (sprint pace). Less math since I typically know how long my session is. I was looking this up a couple weeks ago for an enduro I'm going to do and if I remember right people were estimating around 1:45 + on a full tank at enduro pace. (I'd suggest searching the enduro forum but I just got flamed for suggesting something like that. [flamed] )

--------------------
Keith Novak
(Will work for tires)

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: