Spec Miata Community   
search | help | calendar | games | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hello Spec Miata Community » Spec Miata Archives » Garage 2002-2009 » Coilover question

- Email this page to someone! | Subscribe To Topic  
Author Topic: Coilover question
v8tony Verified Driver

Region: Central
Year : 1990
Icon 5 posted  Profile for v8tony     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

I am a new member here and just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been racing SCCA and at Waterford Hills (in Michigan) for about 6 years now in a couple of different cars (FProd Midget, ITD Festiva, etc). I have a quick suspension question though.

I am in process of building a 1990 1.6L into a SM race car. I have the springs and bars already (friend of a friend at Eibach). I need to know where I can get a coilover kit for a Miata. Mazda motorsports wants $399 for just the coilover kit. This seems like a lot. Ground control wants $399 for the same thing and that includes the springs from them. Like I said, I already have the springs. I just need the rest of the kit.

Does anyone know who makes the kit that Mazda sells? Can I get it direct?

Any thoughts would be great.

- Tony

Dusty

Region: Northwest
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Dusty     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Try the guys at Hassport.
They advertise the spec 7 stuff in the classifieds in Sports car.

Michael Carr Made Donation to Website

Year : 1991
Icon 1 posted  Profile for Michael Carr     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

The Ground Control kit, w/o springs, is listed on the Mazda Comp page as part# 0000-04-5402, and is $227.

--Mike

v8tony Verified Driver

Region: Central
Year : 1990
Icon 9 posted  Profile for v8tony     Edit/Delete Post  Report this post to a Moderator

Ok,

I did not notice that mazda sells the ground control kit for $227.

Ok,I did not notice that Mazda sells the ground control kit for $227. Does anyone know what the difference is between the ground control kit and the other kit? I assume both are legal for Spec Miata? It looks like a urethane vs aluminum upper spring center is the difference. Is that worth the extra money?

HELP...

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic | Subscribe To Topic
Hop To: